Ruth Dombrowski, MSW

Ruth Dombrowski, MSW

Social Work  ·
Female  ·
Ruth Dombrowski, MSW is a social worker in Charleston, SC and has been practicing for 23 years. She graduated from Salem State University in 1995 and specializes in social work, addiction counseling, and more.Read her story

4 Carriage Ln Ste 300

Charleston, SC 29407

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Ruth Dombrowski

Ruth Dombrowski's bio

This content was provided by Ruth Dombrowski "The world we have created is a product of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. -Albert Einstein …in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. -Anne Frank At Seasons Therapy, the seasons of your life are honored and help is given to handle the transitions. Whether you're facing a problem with your job, a relationship that is unhealthy, a worry about your child at any age, an illness that is impairing your abilities, or a concern for yourself or another that a habit has gotten out of control, behavioral health treatment has helped many people get back on track. Having problems with depression, anxiety or other mental health issues can make these struggles much more difficult, so learning ways to manage these becomes part of the process of recovery. I have been in practice as a counselor for over 20 years and feel that at this stage of my life I have seen many seasons and have the experience to guide you through the storm. As a Social Worker, I have been a part of people's lives in many ways. Early in my career as a Crisis Clinician I fought for them when they experienced a crisis in emergency rooms and treatment centers. Later I joined them in their homes to help them solve problems that seemed insurmountable. I facilitated group therapy, taught classes, advocated, confronted and looked holistically at the person and family within complicated circumstances. As a Certified Addictions Counselor, I have worked extensively with people who are dealing with the challenge of substance use disorders, compulsions, dual diagnosis and the losses that come with it. I have cried with parents, and rejoiced with clients who achieved milestones in recovery. These experiences have transformed my life and given me a profound respect for each person's individual journey, while confirming that there is a universality of experience that allows us to learn from the wisdom of the ages. The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lau Tzu 600 BCThe unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates 400 BC I use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help clients discover nonproductive patterns and learn how to navigate the road toward acceptance, love, awareness, forgiveness and recovery. I also incorporate concepts of Mindfulness, Behavioral, Motivational, Reality, Pastoral and Brief Solution Focused Therapy. This eclectic approach helps me to meet your needs as you present them. I work with you to facilitate your personal and spiritual growth, believing that it is a lifelong journey that enables us to appreciate the mountaintop experiences, and to cope with the valleys. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. -Martin Luther King Jr. I am passionate about recovery and have supported many causes to help people rehabilitate from losses and setbacks of all types. Life isn't just about surviving though, it is about experiencing the fullness of a life well lived. I hope you decide to pursue therapy with me and allow me to be a part of your journey."

This content was provided by Ruth Dombrowski "I welcome clients who are struggling with all sorts of life issues and work with them to find new and creative ways to tackle today's challenges. I believe that everyone should have access to quality counseling services so I accept most insurances, including Medicare, and offer a sliding scale fee for those under financial hardship. Please give me a call to see if we are a good fit!"

• Social Work
  • Addiction Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Sex Therapy

Ruth Dombrowski does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Couples Therapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Sex Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Western New England College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • Salem State University
    Medical School | Graduated 1995

Ruth Dombrowski has no awards or honors listed.

Ruth Dombrowski has no media or publications listed.

Ruth Dombrowski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Ruth Dombrowski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Ruth Dombrowski's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Ruth Dombrowski

3.8

Ruth Dombrowski?
Ruth Dombrowski's Performance
What People Say About Ruth Dombrowski, MSW
My wife and I started working with Ruth 2 1/2 years ago when we first got married. We worked through some minor issues very quickly. She got us to understand each other much better. Low cost and very efficient. I had to go to her individually seven months ago after my doctor gave me very powerful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Ruth Dombrowski, MSW?
Ruth has been helping me for over two years now. She has always been professional and courteous to me. She has a way of speaking truth with compassion and understanding. I would recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ruth Dombrowski, MSW?
Checkout Ruth's website for a complete list of her credentials. I found her very knowledgeable and effective. She gave me a lot of suggestions to help me with problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ruth Dombrowski, MSW?
Ruth is awesomesauce! She has been helping me for almost two years. The insight she provides has helped me weather some very tough storms. She listens well and is able to talk to you on your terms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ruth Dombrowski, MSW?
She has helped me realize many things about myself and has helped me in making positive changes. Ruth has always spoken the truth to me in such an understanding and empathetic way. She has always been professional and courteous. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Ruth Dombrowski?