Russell Kauitzsch, MS

Russell Kauitzsch, MS

Psychotherapy  ·
Russell Kauitzsch, MS is a psychotherapist in Austin, TX. He specializes in psychotherapy, counseling, and more.Read his story

8500 N Mopac Expy Ste 701

Austin, TX 78759

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Russell Kauitzsch

Russell Kauitzsch's bio

This content was provided by Russell Kauitzsch "I am very proud to be able to call my self a Licensed Professional Counselor! I began my education at Texas State with a Bachelor's Degree in Family and Child Development. I followed that with a Master's of Science Degree from Walden University in Marriage, Couples, and Family Counseling. My education prepared me well and excited me about my future. I now work diligently to maintain the proper ethics and boundaries of the profession. This leads to healthy relationships with clients and allows for good work to be done in our sessions. In accordance with my license, I attend continuing education classes to keep up to date on new techniques and to learn about the growth and best practices of the profession. Through my career development I had several mentors to whom I owe a great deal of gratitude. Dr. Nelwyn Moore, PhD, LMFT, in my undergraduate education, guided me to the field of psychotherapy and encouraged my education path. Dr. Moore was a wonderful inspiration and role model for me. Karen Hutchins, LPC, at Cicada Recovers Services mentored me and taught me how to trust the process and how to assure I take care of myself. Watching Karen's unique style made it clear to me that I wanted to be a counselor and find my style! Stephen Terrell, LPC, I work with today at the Austin Attachment and Counseling Center. He supervised my work during my education and guided me early in my career. Steve's makes a great mentor and coworker. I still learn so much from him, personally and professionally. Without a doubt, these are the key people in my development as a psychotherapist. Certainly my family has played a huge role as well and I could not do this without them all! I now lead a consultation group with other counselors to continue surrounding myself with peers who all share different approaches and ways of working. This allows us all to keep thinking about new ways to help our clients and assures we are doing our best work. My career has advanced from volunteer positions while I was in undergraduate school to now running my own private practice. I began my career as a volunteer crisis hotline counselor talking to people who were scared, alone, and sometimes suicidal. I listened to them and tried to get them the help and support they were seeking. I also responded to the hospital to support people who had been victim of sexual assault. I then became a sexual assault counselor at a crisis center where I worked with survivors in a peer counseling position. This crime is so deeply personal and hurtful. I was so glad to be able to help clients release shame and guilt and find calm and "normalcy". I also ran a group for male survivors, which was groundbreaking at that center. It was a powerful group and I plan to have such groups at Kauitzsch Counseling of Austin. I was then an intern bereavement counselor at a Hospice Austin where I counseled those who had lost loved ones who had been in hospice car. Though grief was intense, I was able to bring some relief and peace through counseling. Together we found their new normal. I also ran a group for parents who had lost children, which was very difficult but very moving.Later I became a crisis counselor in law enforcement working with victims of crime at the scenes of crimes. Here I experienced some of the most intense levels of trauma and crisis as it happened, but I got to help people begin their healing immediately. It was very powerful.I have also worked in general counseling centers with clients experiencing various issues including gender identity, anxiety, depression, coming out, childhood issues, dating, couples and marriage issues, and so much more. I have also run groups for those who are transgender. I have advanced a great deal in my career and have learned so much along the way. I believe in the power of psychotherapy and am so happy to bring my education, training and experience to my clients today!"

This content was provided by Russell Kauitzsch "I have a very caring and supportive approach to counseling.  I believe we work together to develop a treatment plan to reach your counseling goals.  My office is a safe and confidential place where you can address your personal and unique counseling needs.  I will listen to you, hear your words and see your emotions.  I will reflect what I see and help you heal and work through things as they come up.  While I cannot guarantee specific counseling outcomes, we will work together to assure you are on the right path to reach your desired goals.  I like to incorporate things that are comfortable for individual clients, like mindfullness and meditation techniques, movement, visualization, emotional expression, and much more.  I want clients to be able to choose part of their progression while resting assured that I will you my education and experience to maintain a helpful and healing progression through therapy.  "

• Psychotherapy
  • Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Mental Health

Russell Kauitzsch does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling

• Southwest Texas State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Master's Of Science In Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Russell Kauitzsch has no awards or honors listed.

Russell Kauitzsch has no media or publications listed.

Russell Kauitzsch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Russell Kauitzsch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Russell Kauitzsch's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Russell Kauitzsch to family and friends
Are you Russell Kauitzsch?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychotherapy