Counseling  |
Dr. Ron Wilkinson, PHD
I have been told I am a natural at cutting through the distractions and details and getting to a core understanding of complex problems and their solutions. Patients tell me I am soft-spoken and kind, yet always direct and to the point. I take great pride in being able to help my patients view their problems from a different perspective. i have also often been told that I am adept at taking a very complex set of dynamics or principles and simplifying them in a way that is useful and manageable. Often, this change in perspective, coupled with simplicity, allows for the creation of innovative, highly personalized solutions.

3636 Dickason Ave Ste 5

Dallas, TX 75219

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Wilkinson

I believe that patients have tried all they know to solve their own problems before they reach out for help.  My job is to help them develop new ways of viewing their problems.   This in turn opens up possibilities for new solutions.  I view my patients as collaborators.  We are a team working together to increase their productivity and satisfaction in their lives and relationships.  I also believe people make bad decisions for good reasons.  This is central to my belief that most people intend to do good, but may need help in finding ways to actually accomplish it.  Someone may have learned in their developmental years that it was wrong to ask for more than what you were given.  Asking for more was taken to mean that you didn't appreciate what you had.  So, this person gives others what they want secretly and maybe even unconsciously hoping the receiver will reciprocate.  This rarely if ever actually works, but is a good example of doing something that does not work for a good reason.

• Counseling
  • Addiction Counseling
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Couples Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Wilkinson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Depression
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy

• Southwest Family Institute, Dallas, Tx
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Louisiana State University
    Other Education | Completed 1978

Dr. Wilkinson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wilkinson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wilkinson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilkinson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wilkinson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilkinson to family and friends
Dr. Wilkinson's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Ron is the best. I have seen him for years and I am quite sure that he has made my life much better. He is a great listener and he points out things that I already know, but is not judgemental and enables one to see how one can heal himself.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Wilkinson is extremely knowable and professional. He connects with the patient and greatly helps them through therapy. He is very accommodating with his appointments.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Ron...is and has been a true Blessing in My Life for the past 12 years (as well as my two sons). Beginning with family counseling (teenage son challenges), marriage counseling (for one, me), divorce counseling (during and after), coming out/being gay...and now, helping me thru my Life's Daily Journey. Dr. Ron does not provide you the answers: he makes you think, and come up with your own solutions to your challenge at hand.
in Dallas, TX |
From my very first visit with Dr. Wilkinson he has helped me feel comfortable in my own skin. His compassion and his kind spirit has allowed me to begin heal.
in Dallas, TX |
Kind, compassionate, attentive person and therapist. Gently guides but does not dictate absolute ideas. Helps one to uncover issues and solutions without making blanket statements.
in Dallas, TX |
I was a patient of Dr. Wilkinson's for a number of years. He is absolutely the best therapist I know. I highly recommend him.
in Dallas, TX |
I have gone to a few different therapists during my lifetime and never had the level of success I have experienced until I started seeing Dr. Wilkinson. I have been with Dr. Wilkinson for 5+ years now and have seen tremendous improvements in my personal relationships and everyday life. I've learned that by respecting myself and my own needs, that everything else falls into place and I can experience tremendous happiness, satisfaction and fulfillment in my life.
Have you seen Dr. Ron Wilkinson, PHD?
Are you Dr. Wilkinson?