Dr. Rodolfo Oviedo, MD

Dr. Rodolfo Oviedo, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Rodolfo Oviedo, MD is a general surgery specialist in Miami, FL and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from University of Texas Health Science Center of San Antonio in 2007 and specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.

7800 SW 87th Ave Ste B210

Miami, FL 33173

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Capital Healthplan

Learn about Dr. Oviedo

See how frequently Dr. Oviedo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Oviedo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Oviedo "My main priority is the safety of my patients, their well-being and improvement on their quality of life through the operations I perform. Moreover, the pre- and postoperative care of my patients is something that I handle personally and to the utmost of my diligence, compassion and knowledge so that they feel respected and treated with dignity and responsibility. I have had extensive training in all major areas of General Surgery, including metabolic and bariatric surgery, surgical oncology and minimally invasive techniques such as robotic surgery, advanced laparoscopy, and surgical endoscopy to provide my patients with the standard of care and latest technology available to them. My staff and I are honored to take compassionate care of you."

• General Surgery

• Baptist Hospital of Miami
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • FACS
    Other Education | Completed 2015

• Recepient of the 2014-2015 Physician Frist Humanitarian Award at Capital Regional Medical Center (an honorary distiction given to the doctor who embodies the traits of the philanthropist and humanitarian Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr., the founder of Hospital Corporation of America), 2015
  • da Vinci robotic certified surgeon, 2014
  • American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination (ABSITE) for Surgery residents on the Clinical category, 2012
  • Resident of the Year three times during my residency training (2009, 2012, and 2013), 2013
  • Medical Student Merit Award from the Department of Surgery at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2007
  • Fellow of the American College of Surgeons - evaluation and consideration by the American College of Surgeons' Board of Regents based on his integrity, compassion, professionalism, ethical standards, and commitment to excellence in patient care., 2015

Dr. Oviedo has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Oviedo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oviedo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Oviedo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oviedo to family and friends

Dr. Oviedo's Performance

As a patient of Dr. Oviedo, I couldn't have found a better surgeon or Dr. He has been on of the best I have ever been too. I would recommend anyone that needs surgery to him. He will be dearly missed as he continues his training in South Florida. I would like to wish him all the best in the future....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Oviedo, Is Excellent, he unfortunately was not the Dr. i should have been referred to but, he reviewed my records and, set up all the test i needed and referred me to the physicians i needed, he explains everything so that you understand, and i really wish he was one of the Dr's that i needed...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Oviedo and his staff are fantastic. Dr Oviedo has performed surgery on me twice and I trust him completely. He explains everything and is very patient. Has a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr Oviedo.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Oviedo is extremely thorough and conscientious. He has a wonderful bedside manner and puts his patients at ease. I have found Dr. Oviedo to be very knowledgeable and he is an excellent surgeon. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr oviedo is a wonderful and awesome surgeon. Hes done 3 of my surgeries and I love him to death. I completely trust him and his staff. They don't make u wait for a long time to be seen and they are very friendly. I would definitely recommend him and his office for all your surgical needs.
Are you Dr. Oviedo?