Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD

PsychotherapyFemaleAge 60

Psychotherapy

Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD is a Psychotherapist in Austin, TX. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD

Advanced Practices in Mind

1907 N Lamar Blvd Ste 354 Austin, TX 78705
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Offers Telehealth

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Shaw treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Shaw's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Substance Abuse

Dr. Shaw accepts

Dr. Shaw accepts the following insurance:

First Health
PHCS

Dr. Shaw's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shaw

4.2

I worked with Dr. Shaw for years. I like to joke that I’ve known her longer than I’ve known my husband. She has helped me navigate so many life changes, and gave me the tools to move on independently. I don’t see her regularly anymore, but I think that is more a testament to her care! She was supportive and caring, but also challenged me when needed. I miss petting her sweet dogs during our sessions. I cannot recommend Dr. Shaw highly enough!
Katie – Aug 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD?
I met Dr. Shaw at a very difficult point in my life. I was desperate for help and Dr. Shaw was truly my savior. She scheduled our first session within a day of my inquiry and her investment in my wellbeing has been evident ever since. Dr. Shaw identified the issues I have been struggling with all my life and patiently but firmly guided me to find solutions. The areas I worked on with Dr. Shaw were self-compassion, interpersonal and romantic relationships. Dr. Shaw is an experienced and compassionate clinician, and I highly recommend her services.
Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD?
Overall, Dr. Shaw helped me in areas like work. When it came to dating/relationships, she was very judgemental and shaming. After discussing this topic, I left feeling worse. I felt criticised and blamed for very serious issues. I did not feel emotionally safe with her. Very upsetting and would never recommend her to anyone
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Austin, TX – Feb 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD?
I started seeing Dr. Shaw almost 7 years ago. Looking back over these years, some of the biggest decisions and challenges I have successfully managed have been with her guidance and support. Her flexible schedule (evenings and weekends!) and calm empathetic style make her a perfect fit for doctors or other professionals. I would highly recommend her!
C in none – Aug 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD?
Dr Shaw is a wonderfully kind, compassionate, smart therapist who has a knack at both supporting the patient and challenging them to analyze their thoughts and the validity of some assumptions that may be contributing to suffering. She has helped me immensely and I am so grateful for the work we have done together. I can honestly say my life has been changed by doing therapy with her.
Austin, TX – Aug 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD?
I've been seeing Dr. Shaw on and off for 5 years for ongoing help with PTSD, depression, anxiety and addiction issues. She never ceases to surprise me with perspective insights and little tidbits of advice that stick with me long-term. I've been in therapy for almost 30 years now, and she is by far my most trusted confidante and effective therapist I've ever had.
Lehra Gordon in Austin, TX – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Shaw, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shaw?