Dr. Robert Shortell, DC

ChiropracticMaleAge 50

Dr. Shortell

Middlesex Hospital

28 Crescent St Middletown, CT 06457

Dr. Robert Shortell, DC is a Chiropractor in Middletown, CT and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Life University / Lincoln Chiropractic College medical school in 1997. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shortell to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Chiropractors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Shortell treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Shortell's conditions and procedures:

• Back Injuries
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Lower Back Injuries
  • Neck Pain Procedure
  • Whiplash

Dr. Shortell accepts

Dr. Shortell accepts the following insurance:

Select
Tufts Health Plans

Dr. Shortell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shortell

Dr. Shortell?
  • Appointment scheduling (48)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (48)
  • Listened & answered questions (48)
    Word limit. :-( One visit. Told it was a flat fee that included *everything* even the x-ray. Same price if I didn't want an x-ray. Doc talked me into a spinal x-ray. Positioned me with one leg a bit out to the side. Measured the curvature on the x-ray image. Odd since he'd made me stand in a way that wasn't straight. He asked how many shoes I own. Then gave me 10 lifts. I removed them in Stop & Shop one night; they caused so much pain. Cancelled visit #2. They called back to ask me to pay extra for all the lifts. Drove in, brought the 8 unused back. They said I didn't have to pay for the other 2. As soon as I got home, phone call: We were wrong, come back and pay for 2 lifts. His adjustment left me feeling weirdly spacy for a few days. Next chiro said the x-ray was unnecessary, and lifts don't come up in the scientific lit -- just at presentations on building chiro income. Also, the adjustment was way more extreme than what he'd have done at that point. More.
    Oct 21, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I suffer from chronic pain in my neck and back. Pain meds give me unpleasant side affects. Multiple surgeries had some benefit but still left me in pain. I decided to try Dr. Shortell as an alternative to more drugs and surgery. He has helped me to understand why I am in so much pain and how to alleviate some of it by exercise, diet and chiropractic manipulations. I highly recommend his services.
    Nancy Mccorkle – Jun 16, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    Dr. Shortell has helped me multiple times for different issues. I had a lower back problem from car accident. All orthopedics I talked to all suggested the same action plan, medication and surgery. Dr. Shortell was able to align me and years of pain gone in a matter of months and allievated in less then a couple of weeks. No surgery or medication. Also, fixed plantar fasciitis issue that lasted years, gone in weeks with Dr Shortell. Friendly staff! I highly recommend.
    Mark Roberts – Jan 25, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I had never been to a chiropractor before seining Dr. Shortell so I was unsure of what to expect. Dr. Shortell is very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. He puts you at ease, and got me feeling great again in no time. I look forward to my now monthly visits to Cromwell Chiropractic, and I have referred several people to Dr. Shortell who have all had success treating their pain.
    Cromwell, CT – Aug 04, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    Dr. Robert Shortell is an AMAZING Chiropractor. He has worked on my neck and knee for years. Dr. Shortell is very professional, always strives for the best care for his patients, and has an extremely courteous staff. Very convenient hours for those who work, easy access right off the highway in Cromwell, and is super easy to get an appointment with. Dr. Shortell also is AMAZING with children. If you need a chiropractic for you or your children, Dr. Shortell is the definitely the one to call
    Gisela in CT – Oct 27, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I have been a patient of Dr. Shortell's for a variety of painful issues since April 2015. I received excellent recommendations prior to his services. At the conclusion of treatments for each issue, when I was about to conclude my care, another "need/hurt" would occur! Throughout his treatments, I have trusted him and feel that he has been successful in treating me.
    Carolyn in Cromwell, CT – Sep 22, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I have been a patient with Dr. Shortell for about 15 years now. I originally was introduced to him at the Durham Fair, where his office had a table which asked a question that caught my eye: Do you suffer from headaches? For several years I suffered from neck related headaches and only ibuprofen or aspirin would relieve it when it got too much to function normally. I have a better understanding of what was going on, and through Dr. Shortell's care I have not suffered from these headaches
    Joseph M in Meriden, CT – Sep 20, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I've been seeing Dr. Shortell for years. He's helped me with back problems, shoulder problems, and hip problems. He's got a great gentle approach that keeps me aligned so that I can continue to enjoy my active lifestyle!
    Brian in Middlefield, CT – Jun 13, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    Dr. Shortell services our whole family. Due to the excellent care he has given, my kids have been able to play high school sports with consistency and good health. He helped me through a painful neck injury. I was able to take up running and my neck and back feel great. He is a life changer! I always recommend him to friends and family. Great human being too!
    Ann – Jan 28, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    When I went to Dr Shortell it was for problems that several months of physical therapy did nothing for. I was severely depressed t=witht e thought that I would always have this back pain that would affect the quality of life I had before (gardening, excercise, sleeping, etc). I have been going to Dr Shortell for a few months now and I have to say I am amazed and can bend over again with ease and am sleeping again! PS Dr Shortell was recommended to me by the PT I was going to!
    New York, NY – Jan 24, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I had back issues years ago, and went to Dr. Shortell and my visits with him helped a great deal. My husband couldn't get up and walk good at all one day, I called Dr. Shortell, who at the time never met him, and he went into the office to meet us. My husband left his office walking and continued therapy with him, which has helped a great deal as well. I have been having back problems again, so I am seeing Dr. Shortell again, which is definitely helping.
    Tracey Brown in Cromwell, CT – Nov 17, 2015
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I just wanted to say I was very impressed with Dr. Sortell. My daughter was seeing him and she would rave about him. when I had an issue my daughter said you should go see Dr. Sortell. So I did. I am glad I listened to her. found that Dr. Shortell took his time with and explained everything to me. Which a lot or doctors really don't do that. I was also impressed with the outcome. I feel better!!!! His office staff is very pleasant and informative. I have recommended him to others
    june in Watertown, CT – Nov 08, 2015
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?
    I have been chiropractic for over 40yrs. When I moved I needed a new one. I went to Cromwell Chiropractic and Dr. Shortell. I'm impressed. He is very nice, smart and knowledgeable. He took his time with me and I never feel rushed at an appointment. I'm pretty old now and have some new problems but Dr. Shortell took me through them. He was honest about what he could and couldn't do. I admire that. He has helped and guided me and I am much better and well on the road to recovery. His offi
    Joyce in Cromwell, CT – Oct 06, 2015
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Shortell, DC?

How was your experience with Dr. Shortell?

My goal is to provide you with excellent care to improve your overall well being. People that have health problems and want to enhance their natural healing...Read more

• Chiropractic