Podiatric Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Sheinberg, DPM
I have practicing foot, ankle and leg surgery in Broward County since 1988. My practice treats infants, children, teenagers and adults with any lower extremity injury. This includes fractures, ligament, tendon, bone, joint, muscle or nerve injury of any kind. I am a father of 5 children, 4 dogs and 4 cats and know the importance of family and working together to get the best results. As an avid sports enthusiast and weightlifter, I understand how returning to your sport or activity is essential to you physical and mental health.

1600 Town Center Cir Ste C

Weston, FL 33326

Dr. Robert Sheinberg, DPM

• American International Group (AIG)
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • CorVel
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Sheinberg

I comprehensively evaluate all injuries and conditions of the lower extremity. This includes a complete evaluation of the hips, knees, ankles and feet. I evaluate gait and take xrays when necessary to complete the exam and provide a diagnosis and treatment plan. In most cases, conservative care is best however when necessary surgery is offered if conservative care has failed. All risks and benefits are discussed. I am an advocate for my patients and give them my email address after our visit to answer any further questions or clarify our conversation.  I encourage patients to visit my website.

Dr. Sheinberg's Experience

Dr. Sheinberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Podiatric Surgery

• Flat Foot
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Hammer Toe
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Podiatry Hospital Of Pittsburgh
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Sheinberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sheinberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sheinberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sheinberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sheinberg to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Sheinberg Says:

We appreciate patients taking the time to fill out a survey.

Dr. Sheinberg's Performance
in Miramar, Florida |
The absolute best bedside manner. Exudes trust and confidence at every aspect of our procedures. Dr. Scheinberg operated on two of my sons and they have both healed with no issues. I highly recommend Dr. Scheinberg as a physician and a professional. I had his personal cell phone and he always answered the phone. Although the wait was lengthy at times, he always came out to the waiting area and greeted his patients and begged our pardon for the delay. I understand ...he spends time with us.
in Weston, FL |
Went to Dr. Sheinberg on 7/18/17. He was attentive, answered my questions, told me what I had & what I had to do & asked me to come back for a follow up. I have scheduled the follow up appointment for 8/10/17.
in overseas |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Sheinberg to anyone needing a conscientious, knowledgeable, and thorough doctor. The first doctor I went to recommended surgery. I called Dr. Sheinberg from overseas, and flew in to see him. After scanning my ankle and a thorough consultation, Dr. Sheinberg gave me a couple of well placed shots and told me no follow up visit would be necessary. That was a year ago, and he was right! Very friendly staff, up-to-date medical equipment, and super clean office!
in Fort Lauderdale |
Dr. Robert Sheinberg is the most attentive, accessible, patient doctor I've ever known. I trust his opinion 100%. He's not your typical surgeon! He listens to what you want to accomplish & discusses options with you. Never once was the answer: LETS CUT! After 4 conservative measures, Dr. Sheinberg performed separately Reattached torn ligament, Debridement of ankle & subtalar joint, removed bunion & sesamoid. Over 14 yrs , I can't remember anyone leaving his team. THATS A TRUE TESTAMENT TO HIM!
in San Antonio, TX |
Fabulous doctor who cares for his patients. I returned to Dr. Sheinberg from Texas when no other orthopedic would repair my ankle damage because My injury led to CRPS. It had been over 7 years since we were stationed in south Florida, and Dr. Sheinberg responded immediately to my request to review my case. He remembered my entire family without any questions, it was like we had just seen him yesterday. He is expertly capable and compassionate.
in Weston, FL |
I saw Dr. Sheinberg for Achilles pain. I had a bone spur at the back of my heel that kept my achilles inflamed. After several months of non surgical treatments I needed surgery to remove the bone spur. I compliment Dr. Sheinberg for not jumping to surgery first. I decided to have the surgery with Dr. Sheinberg because of his years of experience and knowledge. Post surgery he always took the needed time with me until I was 100%. My sincere thanks to you, your staff and PT staff.
in coconut creek |
I am so grateful I was recommended to see Dr. Sheinberg for my ankle. I have been playing soccer most of my life and have always feared the day would come when I would have to have my ankle repaired. Dr Sheinberg and his staff were excellent every step of the way. I had my ankle repaired, my heal which was crooked repaired and put back into place and I hope to be playing soccer again real soon thanks to the amazing care of Dr. Sheinberg!!
in Margate, FL |
After the excellent treatment of my sprained ankle that got me back to play tennis again, I strongly recommend Dr. Robert (Bob) Sheinberg as an outstanding, ethical & knowledgeable human doctor you can trust on. Mention also be given to personnel & doctors at Foot, Ankle & Leg Specialists of South Florida for a nice & friendly environment.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I am a juvenile diabetic. Dr. Robert Sheinberg has been treating my diabetic feet for over 30 years now. I trust only Dr. Sheinberg to work on my lower legs and feet. He is not only an excellent physician, he is a caring, compassionate man who has even made house calls to keep non-ambulatory needs met. I have recommended him to my friends and family for many years and will continue to do so. Thank you for this opportunity to share my thoughts and feelings for Dr. Sheinberg.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
He has to be one of the most compasiate and talented Doctors I have ever seen I have had many injuries and he has always corrected my problem and most of all spent the time to explain what to expect and return a phone call to put you at ease when your experiencing pain! I would highly recommend him as I have to all my family...
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Sheinberg and his office. I visited 3 podiatrists for my son before finding him. His office is immaculate, state of the art, and competent. Dr. Sheinberg is knowledgeable and confident. He put me at ease immediately. He has an excellent bedside manner. He explained things clearly & worked swiftly. He even got on the floor to observe my son at eye level. His office did EVERYTHING in house from xrays to fittings & equipment. He also saved me $
in Southwest Ranches, Fl. |
Very pleased with Dr. Sheinberg, professionalism, explanations and concerns. Will definitely return for surgery. It's up to my schedule, since this will be 6 weeks of down time. Dr. Sheinberg was highly recommended by a friend of mine. I can see why.
in Weston, FL |
I had an exceptionally positive experience with Dr. Scheinberg. He has made it possible for me to wear shoes comfortably again. He fixed my left foot several years ago and two months ago he fixed my right foot. He listens to your concerns and explains everything thoroughly. I highly recommend him.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My husband, Martin Galvin, was under Dr. Sheinberg's care for the past 2 years. Dr. Sheinberg is an excellent doctor--always accessible, communicative, with a fantastic sense of humor. Marty faced an uphill battle with infections, negative reactions to antibiotics, and much pain in his heel. Dr. Sheinberg was ALWAYS on call, willing to allow access to forwarding pictures to him so he could properly advise us. We have trusted implicitly in his judgement.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Sheinberg is very patient, enthusiastic and he has positive attitude, my son Anthony loves him. He always have time to sit down with us. We recommend Dr Sheinberg.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Recently, My son broke his tibia playing football in his high school practice. I immediately took him to the ER. The ER recommended a pediatric leg specialist but since I had such a good experience with Dr. Sheinberg previously with my ankle. I decided to take my son to him. He did not disapoint, he was personable and knowledgable. His experience ranks among the best in the nation. The care that his staff showed me and my son was exceptional. I would recommend Dr.Sheinberg to everyone I know.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Sheinberg operated on both of my sons ankles. My son is a division I football player who has progressed very rapidly since the surgery. Dr. Sheinberg's professionalism, expertise and care was exceptional. We would highly recommend Dr. Sheinberg for any podiatric needs.
in Miami, FL |
Dr Scheinberg is such a thorough doctor. He is the only doctor who I could find that has esteem knowledge in children and adults with special needs. He goes above and beyond. My daughter had surgery in December and Dr. Scheinberg goes out of his way to check on her to make sure she is recovering well. There is complete trust in his ability. He is so compassionate and generous to.He has a huge heart with happiness that shows and shines on to his patients. Especially, my Brittni.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Before meeting w/ Dr. Sheinberg I had problems doing any type of running, jumping, playing sports & sometimes even just walking. Dr. Sheinberg performed ankle surgery on my right foot over a year ago (removing a bone spur from the arch of my foot). Now a year later, I feel no pain in my foot & have gotten back to all up normal everyday activities such as working out & playing basketball 2-3 times a week. I give all the credit to me getting back on the basketball court to Dr. Sheinberg!
in Cooper City, FL |
Dr. Sheinberg is Great! He saved my knee with a simple surgery-inserted 2 pins in my ankle. Another Doctor wanted to take a wedge out of my heal, shave my bone because of arthritis & then put screws in my ankle. This would have required 3 months recovery. Dr. Sheinberg checked everything out & then discussed my lifestyle & determined that cleaning out lose bodies/arthritis & inserting the 2 pins was sufficient. I had 3 weeks recovery & I feel great. That was 2 years ago & still going strong.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Sheinberg's experience, expertise, and rapport with patients are commendable. My family and I have been his patients for a while and every visit is a positive experience.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My first appointment with Dr. Robert Sheingber was very informative and helpful. From the get go he had a plan of action on how to treat and improve my right ankle. What I like the most is that I was included on the decision making part of the treatment plan. Thanks to Dr. Sheinber now I am able to live pain free and enjoy exercising with my family. In my book, he is the best!!
My daughter had flatfeet, constant foot, ankle and knee pain.Orthotics for her shoes didn't help. Her bunions were also getting worse. My daughter at age 12 had surgery for both feet with implants for her flatfeet. Surgery was easy and done outpatient. She recovered without any pain in about 2 months after PT was able to resume all activities. Dr. Sheinberg and his staff were amazing. It is 4 years since surgery she is great He called us after surgery and gave us his cell number if we needed him
in Boca Raton , FL |
I had surgery for a bunion and a second toe that was crooked and went over on the first toe. Surgery was as the doctor described. I was in a boot for 6 weeks with a pin in my second toe. The foot was swollen for 2-3 months as Dr. Sheinberg said it would be but later looked excellent. I was able to return to all activities without pain and wear any shoe including heels. It is now more than 3 years later and the foot has stayed perfect.
in Pembroke Pines, Fl. |
I have had numerous visits with Dr. Sheinberg over the past 15 yrs. he surgically repaired my Achilles 11 yrs ago and have had absolutely no problems with it at all. He also treated my fractured foot in 2011 and it also recovered nicely, and he treated me for Plantar Faciatis on several occasions. Throughout all these occasions he treated me very professionally and compassionately. His staff and therapists were amazing. My only complaint would be the wait times at his Weston office.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I had developed plantars fasciitis. Dr. Sheinberg worked with me and was able to completely heal the problem. Then I needed Dr. Sheinberg again for my bunions. One was ready for surgery but the other was not. Dr. Sheinberg corrected the first one with no problems, without much pain at all! We moved away and the other bunion was ready. I traveled 5 hours for Dr. Sheinberg to correct the 2nd one because I have complete trust in him! I wouldn't recommend anyone else!
in Davie Fl |
Dr Sheinberg saw my 12 yo son Dominic for a minor toe infection. After evaluating him he told us that he had a bigger issue than the reason we came to the office. He needed two surgeries to correct a bigger issue, he was unable to flex and extend his feet. Because of Dr shineberg my son is able to run around a lot more freely and play sports without pain or discomfort. Thank you Dr Sheinberg!!!!
in Weston, FL |
Dr. Sheinberg performed foot surgery on our son and we are very pleased of the outcome. He has always been kind, caring and informative, we highly recommend him as a physician.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr.Sheinberg is a highly motivated,very knowledgeable,hands on Doctor.I needed 2 surgeries,tarsal tunnel and arthroscopy for ocd on my talar dome at the same time. The way Dr. Sheinberg stitched the incision up was very caring and above and beyond! Been going through these injuries for 14 months.i feel that im finally going in the right direction.Thank you Dr. Sheinberg and staff!! And i also love the get up and get moving approach.This is and was the best move to see Dr.Sheinberg! David B.
in coral springs, FL |
Dr. Sheinberg is an excellent and caring doctor. He takes a real interest in his patients and you are not just a number. I had an awful fall and broke both ankles. He set my ankle and helped me avoid surgery. He knows his stuff. As good an outcome as I could have had in such an awful situation. I wouldn't hesitate to go to him. He really explains things well and cares. The staff is lovely as well.
Thank you for taking the opportunity to respond. I couldn't be happier that you are doing well and hope that you continue to excercise.
Hollywood, FL |
Conducted two foot surgeries on my teenage son and was excellent in all respects.
I am so happy to hear that your son is doing well. We strive to make our patients experience a great one in all aspects of our care.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Sheinberg, DPM?

Visit Dr. Sheinberg

Dr. Sheinberg accepts 30 insurance carriers
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CorVel
    Emblem Health
  • Gallagher Basset
  • Golden Rule
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Guardian