Dr. Robert Marselle, PSY.D

Dr. Robert Marselle, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Robert Marselle, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Valencia, CA. He specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.Read his story

27201 Tourney Rd Ste 201

Valencia, CA 91355

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Marselle

Dr. Marselle's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Marselle "Even at a young age, I saw that everyone has their own dreams of what their life and relationships should look like, but many struggle to feel happy and satisfied. As I grew older, I began to recognize that we live in a culture and society that often sends us negative and stressful messages that can make us doubt ourselves and question our priorities. As a result, we may sacrifice healthy relationships and ignore or dismiss positive thoughts, emotions and situations because we struggle to believe that we deserve or can find happiness and fulfillment. I recognized that I wanted to help people understand and address the problems that were keeping them from achieving their personal, professional and relationship goals. In college, I pursued an education and career as a Registered Nurse (RN). I was aware that nurses, unlike doctors, were advocates for their patients in mind, body and spirit. Over the next 35 years, I had the opportunity to build deep and meaningful connections with many patients. I listened to these individuals, many of whom were struggling with issues beyond the physical illness or trauma that brought them to the hospital, and offered what support I could. As a nurse, I cared for and supported children, adults and the elderly as they struggled to cope with a variety of physical, mental and emotional challenges. I have worked in the Emergency Room, Psychiatric Hospitals, Intensive and Critical Care and spent my later years in nursing as an Acute Dialysis Nurse performing dialysis procedures on severe cases that required hospitalization. With each patient, it became more evident how a person's well-being depends on more than physical or emotional health alone. To feel healthy, happy and fulfilled, we must learn to recognize and foster the connection between the mind, body and spirit. I saw that I could do more to help my patients than provide medical care, and in 1995 I earned a doctorate degree in psychology (Psy.D.) and became licensed by the state of California. For the next 20 years I traveled to hospitals across California, providing psychology and nursing services to struggling patients and worried or confused family members. In my private practice, I also worked with troubled and special needs children and teenagers living in group homes as wards of the state. In my private practice I have treated individuals and couples, as well as children, with a variety of issues. As a registered nurse for more than 35 years and a hospital psychologist for over 22 years, my training and real-world experience exceed that required to qualify as a medical psychologist. Additionally, I know how administrations and hospitals work, and I can help individuals navigate medical issues and questions about medication as well as provide effective individual and relationship counseling. I have met some truly outstanding people and had the privilege of playing a role in their continued growth and development. In my years providing medical and mental health care, I have seen suffering and joy, happiness and miracles. But, I recognized that not everyone is able to attend in-office therapy sessions. For some, there are no qualified therapists in driving distance. Others may struggle with issues like chronic pain or severe anxiety that leave them feeling too worried, ashamed or helpless to seek the help they need. So, in an effort to make therapy more accessible, I earned my certification as a TeleMental Health provider and began my online therapy website: Telepsyonline. While many individuals choose to work with me because of my medical background, I offer a variety of specialties, including health and wellness, individual counseling, relationship counseling and psychometric testing. If I feel you would benefit from more specialized therapy than I provide, I can either refer you to another telepsychologist or help you find accessible in-person support."

This content was provided by Dr. Marselle "The difficulties you face present you with the opportunity to learn about who you are and what you need to feel happy and loved.As you gain awareness of your mind, body and spirit, you can take control of your thinking, manage distressing symptoms and engage with the world more peacefully and authentically. Even situations that can seem helpless, such as chronic pain or illness, present you with a choice of how you will accept and live with your circumstances.Learning how to navigate uncomfortable emotions and change in our lives can be overwhelming. One of the benefits of my approach is I offer welcoming, compassionate and non-judgmental counseling.  With education, support and awareness, you can learn to understand your situation and find relief, healing and growth. By fostering the connection between mind, body and spirit, you can clear up your mind, take care of your physical well-being and start feeling spiritually fulfilled."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Medical Psychology
  • Men's Health Psychology
  • Nursing (Registered Nurse)
  • Psychoanalysis
  • Psychology
  • Relationship Counseling

Dr. Marselle does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for California.

Education data for Dr. Marselle is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Marselle has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Marselle has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marselle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marselle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marselle's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marselle

Dr. Marselle?
Dr. Marselle's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Marselle?