Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD

PsychologyMaleAge 73

Psychology

Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD is a Psychologist in West Hartford, CT. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD
10 N Main St Ste 315 West Hartford, CT 06107

"I bring a wealth of experience and training to my practice as a psychologist and psychotherapist serving people seeking help and guidance in their lives. What stands out most from feedback given by patients I have wo..."

- Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Hamm treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Hamm's conditions and procedures:

• Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Creative Visualization
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Family Counseling
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marital Therapy
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress Management

Dr. Hamm accepts

Dr. Hamm accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT

Dr. Hamm's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hamm

4.4

Highly recommended
Dr.Hamm is a true professional. I originally found him as I was going through some difficult relationship issues. It didn't stop there, when the chaos and stress from the pandemic hit, he acted as a light at the end of the tunnel. He was able to guide me and challenge me to become the best person I could be (even though I fell short sometimes). He is knowledgeable of numerous psychological techniques and I always left his sessions feeling like I had a solid roadmap to become a better person. I highly recommend him
AJ – Oct 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr Hamm is very knowledgeable and able to guide you to where you want to BE. He has been helpful and supportive in our sessions, which I have change my way of thinking and changed my life. I highly recommend Dr. Hamm for those who are seeking to help oneself and to create a change in their lives.
Oct 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
The grief counseling that I completed with Dr. Hamm has been so beneficial. The energy from our online conversations seemed to spill out into how I relate to the world. As I experienced new awareness and shifts in my inner life and outer world in response to counseling, I found myself able to do things I never thought I’d be able to do, like lead a burial service for my father. With Dr. Hamm’s help, I feel that I’m coming through my experience of loss feeling as if I’m becoming “more” myself and more able to do things I didn’t think were possible. I highly recommend Dr. Hamm for his compassionate, understanding, skillful help.
Oct 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr. Hamm is a compassionate and thoughtful professional who helped me in many aspects of my life. He is an excellent listener who will work to fully understand what your challenges are. He will provide excellent practical advice to move forward. He has a deep knowledge of psychology and he does a fantastic job integrating and synthesizing this knowledge in his professional work.
Oct 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Amazing therapist. Helping me help myself to improve and grow as a person.
Dan – Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr Hamm has expertly helped me to understand the root causes of some of my behaviors and has guided me to a much healthier place in my life. I value his insight tremendously.
Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Hamm for about 6 months now. We’ve worked to address my stress, anxiety, and other problems and he’s been able to help me find ways to deal with the issues I’ve been facing. Dr. Hamm has been able to provide coping strategies for me to use to work through issues as well as a helpful ear to talk through all of the stresses and issues I’m going through.
Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Seeing Dr. Hamm helped my significantly with the problems I came to him with. In a very accepting way he guided me to solutions to the issues I was facing. I found him to be an excellent listener and a great teacher who helped me gain confidence in my own ability to deal with difficult emotions.
Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I’ve seen Dr. Hamm for over a year. I was seriously depressed and had lost my will to live. It took time for me to feel trusting of him. He has helped me to identify reasons and habits I can accept and modify towards finding meaning. I feel Dr. Hamm has integrity and honestly assesses situations to provide sincere guidance and offer me the reflection to better understand myself.
DP – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I have been working with Dr. Hamm for about eleven months. He is the best therapist that I have ever met (compared to four others). He is always experienced in treating depression and anxiety disorders, which I truly appreciate. I have improved a lot since last September. Dr. Hamm is always attentive, supportive, and calm while seeing me; indeed, these are the qualities that every therapist should be equipped with——at least from my point of view, whereas not many can really maintain a decent standard if you are in long-term treatment.
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Hamm. I like that he's honest and will tell you things that you need to hear to help you grow as a person. He helped me with quite a few breakthroughs in my life. I really had a great experience with him. He definitely has my recommendation.
Nick – Aug 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I have found Dr. Hamm to be extremely empathetic and knowledgeable. He has helped me greatly in several different areas in which I was struggling. When I first came to see him I was feeling quite hopeless and he was able to skillfully get me through this painful period of my life.
Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I have found Dr. Hamm to be a very attentive listener. Helps me "connect the dots" to several issues for which I have been grappling. He is well-versed in a variety of psychological sub-disciplines, and based on what I tell him, he offers different perspectives/points of view and recommends books/articles for me to read and consider the ideas proposed by the authors. He does not "assign" work for me to do, but rather makes "suggestions" and leaves it up to me to follow through. He is not the type to "prescribe" that one must do "this, this, and this" but instead guides the patient to come to realizations on his/her own. Some may not like this approach, but it seems to be working ok for me thus far.
Dec 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I enjoy my sessions with Dr. Hamm. You get out of therapy what you put into it, and I find that when I am honest and willing, Dr. Hamm is good at finding a balance of listening, supporting and challenging me when needed. Over the past year, I’ve learned and utilized a number of mechanisms for dealing with stress, adversity and feelings of shame and guilt.
Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
He called me after two sessions and yelled at me because my insurance didn’t go through. I couldn’t believe it. He didn’t show even the slightest care about how I was doing, he just wanted his money. And I would have loved to figure it out and get him paid, but the instant he raised his voice to me was the same instant I decided never to see him again. A couple other cold things he did... he gave me his personal number. I didn’t know it was his personal number at the time so I texted that number asking him when my next appointment was. And he called back as if it was an emergency in order to tell me that I broke a boundary by texting his personal number! It felt like a power trip. Cold Then at the end of the second session he did this cutting hand motion signifying the end of the hour. It chills down my spine. He seems like a very cold man only concerned with getting paid. It’s a shame that tax dollars get spent on this person
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Not a very good therapist. He does not care about one's needs and concerns, he is very patronizing. After most visits I felt worst about myself before I came in. This cause me not wanting to open up to him out of the fear of being judge. I have since moved on to a new therapist, and doing a lot better. Dr. Hamm, may be a great scholar of therapy, but should not be practicing.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
CT – Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I have seen Dr Hamm for a number of years. He is compassionate, thoughtful and kind. That is mixed with directness when necessary and patience. He has helped me improve my life, taught me techniques to better deal with my challenges and has provided excellent and wise advise.
Feb 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr. Hamm offers a very open space to work on my issues. He has been extremely helpful on my path to improve myself and my relationships. Every time I leave a session I feel refreshed, enlightened, and empowered to make the necessary steps to improve my life. I highly recommend Dr. Hamm!
Tom in West Hartford, CT – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Received a call back from Dr. Hamm and explained what I was looking for. Initially he said he would be able to help, and asked if I wanted to set up an appointment since he was pressed for time on the phone at the moment. I said there were still some things I needed to discuss and asked him to call me back. When he did, his demeanor had changed entirely. His tone was cruel, cold, and dismissive to the point that I got chills in my spine. Extremely unprofessional and downright frightening.
Aug 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Simply, you can and should find a better Doctor. Way too many negatives to note in this box!
  • Didn't explain conditions well
West Hartford, CT – Jun 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hamm?