Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD

Psychology ·  Male

Dr. Hamm
10 N Main St Ste 315 West Hartford, CT 06107

Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD is a psychologist in West Hartford, CT. He specializes in psychology.

Dr. Hamm accepts

Dr. Hamm accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Hamm treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Hamm's conditions and procedures:

• Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Creative Visualization
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Family Counseling
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marital Therapy
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Pain Management
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress Management

I bring a wealth of experience and training to my practice as a psychologist and psychotherapist serving people seeking help and guidance in their lives. What stands out most from feedback given by patients I have worked with in my 30 years of clinic...

• Psychology

Dr. Hamm's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hamm

4.3

Dr. Hamm?
Dr. Hamm's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD
Not a very good therapist. He does not care about one's needs and concerns, he is very patronizing. After most visits I felt worst about myself before I came in. This cause me not wanting to open up to him out of the fear of being judge. I have since moved on to a new therapist, and doing a lot better. Dr. Hamm, may be a great scholar of therapy, but should not be practicing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I have seen Dr Hamm for a number of years. He is compassionate, thoughtful and kind. That is mixed with directness when necessary and patience. He has helped me improve my life, taught me techniques to better deal with my challenges and has provided excellent and wise advise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Have only consulted with Dr. Hamm a half-dozen times thus far but have found him to be an excellent listener. He established rapport rather easily, has patiently digested what I tell him, and then has offered some suggestions for self-improvement and self-awareness. I often leave the office with a lot of "food for thought" and a different perspective on the issues for which I am seeking help. Also has made suggestions for readings/research related to the issues I am grappling with. Recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr. Hamm offers a very open space to work on my issues. He has been extremely helpful on my path to improve myself and my relationships. Every time I leave a session I feel refreshed, enlightened, and empowered to make the necessary steps to improve my life. I highly recommend Dr. Hamm!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Received a call back from Dr. Hamm and explained what I was looking for. Initially he said he would be able to help, and asked if I wanted to set up an appointment since he was pressed for time on the phone at the moment. I said there were still some things I needed to discuss and asked him to call me back. When he did, his demeanor had changed entirely. His tone was cruel, cold, and dismissive to the point that I got chills in my spine. Extremely unprofessional and downright frightening.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Simply, you can and should find a better Doctor. Way too many negatives to note in this box!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I've been going to see Dr. Hamm every two weeks and come out feeling better. He always returns phone calls even when it is off hours. Dr. Hamm will take extra time if it is needed to stay and work with me. I have had to due phone sessions due to illness, and he does not have a problem with this. My family can see changes for the better after I have had a visit with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I was very nervous seeing a Psychologist after not seeing one for years. My heath insurance recommended him and I am very glad I did. He helped me understand why I feel the way I am and came up with a treatment plan for my diagnosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I've been seeing Dr. Hamm on and off for a little over a year now, and I doubt if I'll ever see the need to leave his care and take up with a different provider. I've visited a number of therapists throughout my life with varying degrees of success, and Dr. Hamm is the only one I've ever felt truly comfortable opening up to. Dr. Hamm is sincere, perceptive, and most importantly, patient. No matter how many mistakes I may make, I know he'll still be there to help me through it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I've been seeing Dr. Hamm for a little over a year for self esteem, and anxiety disorder, and already I am seeing a difference in myself. I feel better about myself, I'm more confident, and Dr. Hamm has help guide me though the process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr. Hamm is an incredibly compassionate and understanding psychologist. I appreciate his style of guidance which includes developing both self-reliance and techniques to apply on-the-go. If you are committed to making progress and spending time outside of the sessions dedicated to improving, I think you'll find great success with Dr. Hamm.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr. Hamm is a very professional, calm and knowledgeable doctor. After my first session, I was so happy to have found a therapist who I felt comfortable with, treated me with respect, and provided great educational insight on my issues. Dr. Hamm has opened up my eyes to parts of my life which I never thought could be the root of my troubles. I have grown through my therapy of a few months now looking forward to my continued path to happiness! Thank you Dr. Hamm!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Kind,caring and real. Assist you on your journey towards recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Hamm's for more than five years. Throughout our relationship I have found him to be an exemplary psychologist - one who is quite easy to speak with and who listens exceptionally well, and whose advice and counsel has helped me greatly in both my personal and professional lives. I would not hesitate for a moment to recommend him to family and friends. He has my highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr. Hamm is very knowledgeable and insightful. I had already been to two other counselors, one as an individual and one with my wife. It seemed like those other engagements didn't go anywhere. Yet even as I was simply providing Dr. Hamm my history, he told me why I felt a certain way, or why my wife might be acting out. It seemed to me that he really knew his stuff and it didn't take much at all for him understand the issues and provide me some guidance as to moving forward. Good choice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Dr Hamm helped us with our marriage problems. My husband and I are now happier and closer than we have been in years. He has a great ability to read and understand situations and how to bring out the underlying issues. He is compassionate and caring and I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
I have been seeing Dr. Hamm for several months and have found him to be professional and informative. He has offered great insight into my mental heath and has taught me very useful techniques to use in my every day life. In addition, Dr. Hamm is a very nice and calming individual who truly understands his field from an emotional level and a theoretical level. I have enjoyed our meetings.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
When I explained what I was looking for, he was very accommodating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?
Laughed (more than once) at serious neurological symptoms. I cannot believe a person who went into the business of helping others would not be compassionate, but he had never heard of someone with my symptoms and apparently found it amusing. I left feeling even more anxious. I also found his office to smell bad/stale and his approach very diagnostic and impersonal. He kept drawing incorrect conclusions from what I was saying. I would not go here if you're looking for insight and compassion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Hamm, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hamm?