Dr. Robert Geiss, PHD

Dr. Robert Geiss, PHD

Counseling  ·
Dr. Robert Geiss, PHD is a counselor in Rolling Meadows, IL. He specializes in counseling, adult psychology, and more.Read his story

4200 Euclid Ave Ste D

Rolling Meadows, IL 60008

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Geiss

Dr. Geiss' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Geiss "I have had the opportunity to work with individuals of all ages for over 45 years. I approach everyone I see with a lifetime of experiences about countless others but see the uniqueness of each individual. I meet people on the road where they are and assist them in taking life changing steps toward where they want to be. I see myself as a "midwife", helping each person give birth to a better life. Ultimately I see "my job is to put myself out of a job...but I need your help." When I work with children and teens who are underachieving, displaying oppositional behavior or struggling with anxiety and depression, I encourage self-discipline, self-control and emotional management. Adults often need similar direction but in the context of emotional intelligence, relationship issues, co-dependency, anger management and self-determination. As individuals, we are holistically a blend of our genes (biology), our upbringing (family influences), our spiritual perspective and the quality of our choices as we journey through our life. Working through challenges, overcoming obstacles and learning resilience are essential to a healthy response to living free of limitations. Life is filled with a mixture of experiences that create the personal interaction of thoughts, feelings and behaviors. When our thoughts, feelings and behaviors are in sync, "life is good." Problems exist when our thoughts, feelings and behaviors need adjustment. I become a guide, coach or teacher to help others help themselves. Therapy is a form of education. It has been said that education is not so much filling a pail but lighting a fire. Therapy usually occurs once a week, but when that fire is lit, the individual takes more responsibility for the choices that create a life that is more: more loving, more successful, more significant."

• Counseling
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Adult Psychology
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Couples Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • School Psychology

Dr. Geiss does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• John Carroll University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1969
  • John Carroll University
    Other Education | Completed 1971
  • The Union Institute and University
    Other Education | Completed 1985

Dr. Geiss has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Geiss has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Geiss does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Geiss and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Geiss' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Geiss to family and friends
1 review

Dr. Geiss' Performance

Are you Dr. Geiss?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Marriage & Family Therapy