Optometry  |
Dr. Robert Duke, OD
Originally from western Oklahoma, Dr. R. Charles Duke graduated from Woodward High School in Woodward, Oklahoma. In 1973, Dr. Duke graduated from Northwestern State University with a Double Major in Biology and Chemistry and with a Double Minor in Physics and Agriculture. After completing his training as one of the top in his class at the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, Tennessee (considered one of the top schools of optometry in the country) and his Internship in Optometry & Ophthalmology at Fort Campbell Army Hospital with the Department of the U.S. Army, at Fort Campbell, Kentucky in 1977, Dr. Duke arrived in Catoosa, Oklahoma to begin his private practice. From 1978 to October 2006 Dr. Duke practiced in The Catoosa Family Clinic with 3 general physician and 2 dentist and a pharmacy. In October 2006, he opened his brand new private practice, the VISION & EYE MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC LASER CENTER, located at 2310 N. Hwy 66 . This clinic is one of the largest clinics in the state of Oklahoma with the latest in eye medical technology and testing. Dr. Duke is licensed in optometric care, vision care, eye medical diagnosing and medical treatment of eye diseases, and certified in diagnostic pharmaceutical agents, therapeutic pharmaceutical agents, and CPR. He is a member of the American Optometric Association, the Oklahoma Association of Optometric Physicians, Northeast Oklahoma Optometric Society, and Asbury United Methodist Church. Dr. Duke is a member of the Catoosa Chamber of Commerce and is a past President of Chamber and has previously served as a board member for 10 years. At this time, Dr. Duke is a director at John 3:16 Mission where he was a President during four terms, and has been affiliated with this tremendous organization for the last twenty years. He is also a past member of the Catoosa Education Foundation and was one of the founding members and first President of the Foundation. He was also a past member of the Catoosa Quarterback Club. In 2006, Dr. Duke was recognized as one of America's Top Optometrists by the Consumers Research Council of America.

2310 N Highway 66 Ste A

• CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Duke

Practice Goals & Objectives:  To provide quality vision and medical eye care using the highest quality technology, equipment, materials, and expertise.

My Staff and I are:  "DEDICATED TO EXCELLENCE"  &  "Making The Difference" Serving Northeast Oklahoma Since 1978

WITH FULL DEDICATION, I practice the art and science of eye medical and vision care faithfully and conscientiously, and to the fullest scope of my competence, as an eye medical and vision specialists.

I PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL EYE MEDICAL CARE and VISION CARE for those who seek my services, with concern, with compassion and with due regard for their human rights and dignity and best interest in medical, eye medical and vision care.

I HAVE fully commit myself to my patients, and to be steadfast in the performance and obligation of eye medical care and vision care to my patients.

• Optometry
  • Ocular Immunology
  • Ocular Oncology
  • Ophthalmology
  • Pediatric Ophthalmology

Dr. Duke does not have any board certifications listed.

• Allergic Conjunctivitis

• Punctal Plug Insertion
  • Retinal Testing
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Vision Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Northwestern Oklahoma State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • Southern College Of Optometry
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • Internship In Optometry & Ophthalmology At Fort Campbell Army Hospital With The Department Of The U.S. Army, At Fort Campbell, Kentucky
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1977

Dr. Duke has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Duke has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese
  • Russian
  • Swedish
  • Turkish
  • Vietnamese

Dr. Duke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Duke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duke to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Duke Says:

The truth about patient satisfaction surveys is that they can help me identify ways of improving my practice. Ultimately, that translates into better care and happier patients. I am very interested in all information, a patient satisfaction survey can give. What's more, "it shows my staff and the community that we are interested in quality. It demonstrates that I am looking for ways to improve."...

Dr. Duke's Performance
    GOOD
in Tulsa, OK |
He's by far the most knowledgeable and thorough doctor I know in any field. My advice is to go to him and just do exactly as he advises, worked out great for me .
in Catoosa, OK |
Dr. Duke and his staff are very professional and friendly. It is always a nice experience to go to his eye clinic.
in Tulsa, OK |
I have gone to Dr. Duke since I started my career in 1988. He has been the most professional of all my physicians. My eye issues are not that severe but he has kept me comfortable as I worked on a computer my entire adult life. The office has an exceptional staff and the optician, has always made my glasses to perfection. Although I am about to retire, I will continue to travel to Catoosa to be under Dr. Duke's care for as long as I can. You should too.
My eyeglass prescription was incorrect. I was told multiple times that I had to wait to see the doctor again, first it was two days then two weeks then three weeks. I was told that Dr Duke wasn't notified of my concerns because their policy is that he doesn't even want to know about issues until the client has had their prescription for 2 weeks to adjust. I repeatedly told them I was having headaches and nausea when I wore the glasses. I finally went elsewhere and got my prescription corrected.
This patient was advised on the front end during the eye exam by the refracting tech and by Dr. Duke about 2 weeks adaption. The patient also initial that she was aware of the adaption period to allow 2 weeks & not go pass 4 weeks. The patient also initial that she agreed to follow this clinic policy. On the prescription form, she signed the form agreeing to 2 weeks adaption and to follow the clinic policy, Out of 2,000 patients with adaption, 1,997 will adapt to their new prescription.
Ok. Not really worried about anything but contacts or glasses.
My practice is primarily a glaucoma, diabetic eye and medical practice. We do provide vision care, contact lenses and eye glasses. My clinic is one of the top diagnostic laser centers in the United States for medical testing. This is totally a false statement.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Duke, OD?

Visit Dr. Duke

• Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma
    Freedom PPO
    Life and Health Oklahoma
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA