Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD

Dr. Cristal
Telehealth services available

Robert M. Cristal, Ph.D.

37 Shelter Ln Roslyn Heights, NY 11577

Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Roslyn Heights, NY. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cristal to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Cristal treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Cristal's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Stress-Related Asthma

Dr. Cristal accepts

Dr. Cristal accepts the following insurance:

AARP

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cristal

4.5

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Cristal?
  • Explained conditions well (51)
  • Listened & answered questions (51)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (51)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
Dr. Cristal is the example of professionalism...intelligent, compassionate, approachable and kind. He is an excellent therapist and without reservation; I would highly recommend him.
Dr. Tanya – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
While Dr. Cristal’s suit and tie was, at first, off putting, I found him to be warm, communicative, friendly, non-judgmental and highly intelligent professional. Unlike some therapists, he doesn’t leave you hanging waiting for you to speak. A bit of silence, and he engages you. He has my unqualified recommendation.
Donald Hecht – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I wanted to thank Dr Cristal for the 3 years of talks and strategies he shared with me. During these chaotic times we are living in as a species, uncertainty, lack of focus, anxiety, fear, and depression seem to be spreading faster and causing more harm than the virus itself. Thanks to all his help I learned so much about C.B.T. and about myself. Not only have I been able to deal with all this chaos better than most around me personally, socially and professionally, but I've been able to help many others cope, change their mental states and look at things in a different way. I've been able to keep my business running and growing too. He has really helped me a lot. So I just wanted to send a most profound thank you to Dr Cristal. It hasn't been perfect and I don't think it will ever be. Without a doubt it's a hell of a lot better thanks to him. I look forward to seeing him again in the future.
Carlos Lember – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Professional, excellent listener, structures discussion. Provides non-biased feedback. Sets simple & realistic goals; checks back on your progress. I leave each session with a sense of accomplishment and/or a lesson learned. I have worked with other therapists but find Dr. Cristal's work to be especially effective; I have progressed and look forward to every session.
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I have been seeing Dr Cristal for my anxiety. He is very understanding and compassionate. He has given me many tools on how to cope and slowly overcome many of my issues. He is incredibly easy to talk to. I definitely recommend him.
Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Very good therapist. Listens attentively and has been very helpful. Would definitely recommend to others.
Garry Wilbur – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I left a message on Dr. Cristal's answering machine about my son. He didn't call back so I called him again. He called me back and the first thing he says is which insurance do you have. Not whats wrong, why do you want to see me. Then he says he's not taking any new patients.
Sep 10, 2019
- MY PRACTICE IS CURRENTLY OPEN AND I AM...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
He is a helpful and caring therapist
barbara bergman – Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I highly recommend Dr. Cristal. He is a caring therapist, who has treated my anxiety and depression over the years. He has given me effective coping strategies as well as tools that allow me to work things out for myself. For me, that is invaluable. A true professional in every sense of the word.
East Meadow – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr. Cristal is the best. His insights have been eye-opening, and his suggestions have been spot-on. I'm so glad I found him.
May 03, 2019
Intelligent, insightful and practical - Dr Cristal has been a huge help
Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr. Cristal is a great psychologist. He is professional, extremely knowledgeable, easy to talk to and trustworthy. Dr. Cristal has helped me better overcome my anxiety. His strategies and techniques work. I would highly recommend to family and friends.
Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Incredible psychologist. Very kind. Professional. Understanding. Experienced, and has had extensive experience in multiple situations and with people who have very specific issues. I’m addition, he is very focused on YOU making your decisions and him not making a decision for you. Also, he is kind and non-judgemental. He works very hard to make sure his patients understand that their mental illness does not make them a bad person.
Ryan in , NY – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I have been going to Dr. Cristal for approximately a little less than a year and he’s helped me make so many changes within myself. I’ve been suffering from Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression and Dr. Cristal has truly helped me find the peace in my life. Dr. Cristal has helped me manage and cope with where I’m at in my life and he’s helped me overcome many areas of stress. Although the work is just beginning, I’m very optimistic towards my future, thanks to Dr. Cristal!
May 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I have been going to Dr. Cristal for almost a year now and he's been instrumental in helping me overcome my Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder. Something I have been dealing with for 10 years, but was never diagnosed or treated till recently. He has helped me better understand my disorder and how to cope with it. I've been doing things that I haven't been able to do in years.
New Hyde Park – Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I cannot even give 1 star to this aloof, unfriendly man. I confirmed with my insurance co beforehand that he participates. When we got there, he barely introduced himself, was totally aloof and cold, got right into the insurance stuff, called them while we were filling out his forms. We heard him say, take my name off your list; I don't want to deal with you; hung up and said, "sorry." We were so taken aback. Do not go to this guy regardless of ins. SO offputting. Never smiled once. Ugh.
Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Best psychologist I've had by far. I found him by searching through health grades and it's only now why I see he has so many 5-star reviews, he's the best at what he does. I came to him when I was going through a traumatic time. He was there, listened, and responded in a way that was both helpful and comforting. He is truly there to help his clients and I can only thank him for giving me an ease of mind!
Paul M. in Massapequa, NY – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr. Cristal has helped me immensely with my depression and anxiety while I was struggling. His methods and guidance have had a huge impact on my life. I consider myself to be in a much better place then where I was – and I continue to make great strides day in and day out. I’m very grateful to have found Dr. Cristal here on Health Grades when looking for a new doctor. Very professional, intelligent, and friendly doctor who I’d recommend to anyone.
Tom in New York, NY – Oct 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr Cristal has helped me cope with anxiety. Very good at his job. Would recommend him to family and friends. I'm much better off now after therapy sessions with Dr. Cristal. My life has changed drastically since I first started seeing him. Much lower anxiety levels and happier overall.
RW – Sep 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I was recomend to Dr Crystal by a friend who was seeing him for a long time, Dr crystal has helped me solve many of my issues and gave me tools to help me solve them anywhere and anytime I was experiencing them again in my life. He is the best!
Hugo in Floral Park, NY – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cristal?

I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Roslyn Heights, specializing in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Relaxation Therapy, Marriage Counseling...Read more

During the Coronavirus pandemic, my practice will remain open and I will be accepting new patients. I will  be seeing patients exclusively through...Read more

• Clinical Psychology