Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD

Clinical Psychology ·  Male

Dr. Cristal

Robert M. Cristal, Ph.D.

37 Shelter Ln Roslyn Heights, NY 11577

Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Roslyn Heights, NY. He graduated from Yeshiva University and specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.

Dr. Cristal accepts

Dr. Cristal accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Value Options PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Cristal treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Cristal's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Stress-Related Asthma

I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Roslyn Heights, specializing in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Relaxation Therapy, Marriage Counseling and Clinical Hypnosis. My main objective, as a Cognitive Behavior Therapist, is to facili...

• Clinical Psychology

4.5

Dr. Cristal?
Dr. Cristal's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD
Dr. Cristal is the best. His insights have been eye-opening, and his suggestions have been spot-on. I'm so glad I found him.
Intelligent, insightful and practical - Dr Cristal has been a huge help
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr. Cristal is a great psychologist. He is professional, extremely knowledgeable, easy to talk to and trustworthy. Dr. Cristal has helped me better overcome my anxiety. His strategies and techniques work. I would highly recommend to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Incredible psychologist. Very kind. Professional. Understanding. Experienced, and has had extensive experience in multiple situations and with people who have very specific issues. I’m addition, he is very focused on YOU making your decisions and him not making a decision for you. Also, he is kind and non-judgemental. He works very hard to make sure his patients understand that their mental illness does not make them a bad person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I have been going to Dr. Cristal for approximately a little less than a year and he’s helped me make so many changes within myself. I’ve been suffering from Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression and Dr. Cristal has truly helped me find the peace in my life. Dr. Cristal has helped me manage and cope with where I’m at in my life and he’s helped me overcome many areas of stress. Although the work is just beginning, I’m very optimistic towards my future, thanks to Dr. Cristal!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I have been going to Dr. Cristal for almost a year now and he's been instrumental in helping me overcome my Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder. Something I have been dealing with for 10 years, but was never diagnosed or treated till recently. He has helped me better understand my disorder and how to cope with it. I've been doing things that I haven't been able to do in years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I cannot even give 1 star to this aloof, unfriendly man. I confirmed with my insurance co beforehand that he participates. When we got there, he barely introduced himself, was totally aloof and cold, got right into the insurance stuff, called them while we were filling out his forms. We heard him say, take my name off your list; I don't want to deal with you; hung up and said, "sorry." We were so taken aback. Do not go to this guy regardless of ins. SO offputting. Never smiled once. Ugh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Best psychologist I've had by far. I found him by searching through health grades and it's only now why I see he has so many 5-star reviews, he's the best at what he does. I came to him when I was going through a traumatic time. He was there, listened, and responded in a way that was both helpful and comforting. He is truly there to help his clients and I can only thank him for giving me an ease of mind!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr. Cristal has helped me immensely with my depression and anxiety while I was struggling. His methods and guidance have had a huge impact on my life. I consider myself to be in a much better place then where I was – and I continue to make great strides day in and day out. I’m very grateful to have found Dr. Cristal here on Health Grades when looking for a new doctor. Very professional, intelligent, and friendly doctor who I’d recommend to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr Cristal has helped me cope with anxiety. Very good at his job. Would recommend him to family and friends. I'm much better off now after therapy sessions with Dr. Cristal. My life has changed drastically since I first started seeing him. Much lower anxiety levels and happier overall.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I trust in Dr Cristal's opinions and decisions. He listens and and answers my questions and genuinely cares. I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I was recomend to Dr Crystal by a friend who was seeing him for a long time, Dr crystal has helped me solve many of my issues and gave me tools to help me solve them anywhere and anytime I was experiencing them again in my life. He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr. Cristal is professional, knowledgeable, easy to talk to , & Highly recommended .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
He's a great therapist. Helped me immensely with my chronic anxiety and i no longer suffer from regular panic attacks. Would definitely recommend him to friends/family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
In such a short amount of time, Dr. Cristal has made a huge impact on my life & my personal battles with anxiety. In many ways Dr. Cristal has pushed me to better myself as well as my relationships with people around me. From my first visit, and on, I have felt nothing but comfortable to speak to Dr. Cristal about anything I am dealing with, he truly makes the atmosphere in his office known that you can talk about whatever you would like, without ANY judgement. I would certainly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Always professional, Trust worthy and respectful. I feel I am in good hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
He spends a few minutes of each session reviewing previous notes taking up time which should be spent in session. Unfortunately, he is not able to provided alternatives if his recommendations for behavioral changes do not work. I sense that he means well but was not the right fit for my situation. Instead of acknowledging that he could not assist he told me that he would call me when an appt became available. Never heard from him and that is not in accord with the standards of his profession.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
I have been seeing Dr. Cristal for a while now. He is one of the greatest people I know. He helps me to figure out so many things in life and help me get through everything. Dr. Cristal is understanding and really great at what he does. He knows how to help you through problems, hard times, and just life in general. He's professional, friendly, and intellectual.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr Cristal saved our marriage 4 years ago. My husband and I both had buried childhood traumas that we never dealt with until we almost lost eachother. Thanks to Dr Cristal we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this summer. We went to marital counceling and individual therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Dr. Cristal is a miracle worker. He was able to help me understand myself and has identified the root of my problems. He's provided me with different tactics and strategies on how to deal with my thoughts and emotions. I would highly recommend Dr. Cristal.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cristal?