Clinical Psychology  |
Male
Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD
Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD is a clinical psychology provider who practices in Roslyn Heights, NY.

37 Shelter Ln

Roslyn Heights, NY 11577

• AARP
  • CareConnect
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Medicare
  • Value Options

Learn about Dr. Cristal

I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Roslyn Heights, specializing in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Relaxation Therapy, Marriage Counseling and Clinical Hypnosis. My main objective, as a Cognitive Behavior Therapist, is to facilitate relief from emotional distress and frustrating self-defeating behaviors. This approach places emphasis on achieving durable change in one's thoughts, beliefs, feelings and behaviors so as to yield a notable improvement in one's quality of life.

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology
  • Psychotherapy
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling

Dr. Cristal does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Grief
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Stress
  • Stress-Related Asthma

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• City University Ny
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Va Medical Center, Northport, Ny
    Internship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cristal has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cristal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cristal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cristal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cristal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cristal to family and friends
Dr. Cristal's Performance
in New York, NY |
Dr. Cristal has helped me immensely with my depression and anxiety while I was struggling. His methods and guidance have had a huge impact on my life. I consider myself to be in a much better place then where I was – and I continue to make great strides day in and day out. I’m very grateful to have found Dr. Cristal here on Health Grades when looking for a new doctor. Very professional, intelligent, and friendly doctor who I’d recommend to anyone.
Dr Cristal has helped me cope with anxiety. Very good at his job. Would recommend him to family and friends. I'm much better off now after therapy sessions with Dr. Cristal. My life has changed drastically since I first started seeing him. Much lower anxiety levels and happier overall.
I trust in Dr Cristal's opinions and decisions. He listens and and answers my questions and genuinely cares. I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
in Floral Park, NY |
I was recomend to Dr Crystal by a friend who was seeing him for a long time, Dr crystal has helped me solve many of my issues and gave me tools to help me solve them anywhere and anytime I was experiencing them again in my life. He is the best!
Elmont, NY |
Dr. Cristal is professional, knowledgeable, easy to talk to , & Highly recommended .
in New York, NY |
He's a great therapist. Helped me immensely with my chronic anxiety and i no longer suffer from regular panic attacks. Would definitely recommend him to friends/family
in New Hyde Park, NY |
In such a short amount of time, Dr. Cristal has made a huge impact on my life & my personal battles with anxiety. In many ways Dr. Cristal has pushed me to better myself as well as my relationships with people around me. From my first visit, and on, I have felt nothing but comfortable to speak to Dr. Cristal about anything I am dealing with, he truly makes the atmosphere in his office known that you can talk about whatever you would like, without ANY judgement. I would certainly recommend him!
in Garden City NY |
Always professional, Trust worthy and respectful. I feel I am in good hands.
Roslyn, NY |
He spends a few minutes of each session reviewing previous notes taking up time which should be spent in session. Unfortunately, he is not able to provided alternatives if his recommendations for behavioral changes do not work. I sense that he means well but was not the right fit for my situation. Instead of acknowledging that he could not assist he told me that he would call me when an appt became available. Never heard from him and that is not in accord with the standards of his profession.
Farmingdale, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Cristal for a while now. He is one of the greatest people I know. He helps me to figure out so many things in life and help me get through everything. Dr. Cristal is understanding and really great at what he does. He knows how to help you through problems, hard times, and just life in general. He's professional, friendly, and intellectual.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
Dr Cristal saved our marriage 4 years ago. My husband and I both had buried childhood traumas that we never dealt with until we almost lost eachother. Thanks to Dr Cristal we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this summer. We went to marital counceling and individual therapy.
Massapequa, NY |
Dr. Cristal is a miracle worker. He was able to help me understand myself and has identified the root of my problems. He's provided me with different tactics and strategies on how to deal with my thoughts and emotions. I would highly recommend Dr. Cristal.
I have been seeing Dr. Cristal for almost a year now and its been a great experience. He is extremely professional and it is clear that he is a master at his profession. Everytime I see him I feel that I make progress and I feel happier, more confident, and significantly less anxious than when I began working with him. I constantly find myself sharing what I learn in my sessions with my friends, family and students. I highly recommend Dr. Cristal.
in Queens, NY |
I've been seeing Dr. Cristal on a weekly basis for the past 6 years now and the results have been phenomenal. My entire life has changed for the better. Dr. Cristal is extremely knowledgeable in his field and always puts my best interest first. I have recommended him to family and friends and would recommend him to anyone who is looking to see a therapist.
in Great Neck, NY |
Anxiety issues had been troubling me for a number of years, but dreaded the thought of having to visit a series different doctors to find the right one for my problem. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Cristal right out of the starting gate. I found him to be kind, understanding, and extremely patient. He is knowledgable and I have full confidence that, working together with him, we will successfully eliminate my troubling anxiety issues. I highly recommend him without any hesitation.
in Plainview, NY |
Started seeing Dr. Cristal a while back. I was worried that I would spend an endless amount of time trying to find a doctor that I felt comfortable with. Within a few minutes of our first session that worry was gone. Dr. Cristal has a very deep understanding of people and it shows in his approach. He's very caring and has a pleasant disposition. He truly gets to the root of issues and offers practical coping mechanisms and guidance. Great doctor who I'd recommend to anyone.
in Manhasset, NY |
Dr Cristal Provides understanding and strategies for dealing with what were once complex and baffling issues. Dr Cristal is always professional. I would highly recommend a consult if you're having any issues. My life becomes measurably better when I implement strategies I've learned at Dr Cristals.
in Plainview, NY |
Excellent therapist. Helped me tremendously.
in New York, NY |
I came to Doctor Cristal's office with my significant other for the purpose of working out issues in our relationship. My significant other has been his patient for many years. So I was walking into what I thought as a therapeutic environment where I was the outsider. Dr. Cristal's manner was so cold and condescending that I was immediately on the defensive. It felt more like a attorney 's office than a psychologist. The first 8 minutes of the session he spent doing his electronic records.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Cristal, PHD?
Are you Dr. Cristal?