Dr. Robert Arias, PHD

NeuropsychologyMale

Dr. Arias
Telehealth services available
6940 Van Dorn St Ste 203 Lincoln, NE 68506

Dr. Robert Arias, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in Lincoln, NE. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Arias to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Nebraska

Check if Dr. Arias treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Arias accepts

Dr. Arias accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Arias' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Arias

2.3

Dr. Arias?
  • Wait times (23)
  • Explained conditions well (13)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (13)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (24)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (23)
  • Appointment was rushed (22)
Dr Arias was rude and confrontational. He was seemingly trying to bully my wife and when I asked for some explanation he got stern with me, raised his voice at me, and accused me of being rude when all I did was ask for explanation and more information and what he was trying to do with my wife. Mind you, this is barely 24hrs after giving birth. Then he started mentioning court and ability to make medical decisions on her own. It was an underhanded and tongue in cheek threat. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mr M – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
My sister called me today in a very agitated state. She had just been visited in her hospital room by Dr. Arias. In the past, he was responsible for declaring my sister incompetent. She got that reversed and he was never to see her again. He showed up in her room today. She recognized him immediately. But, he said he wasn't Dr. Arias. If a person isn't mentally off before seeing him, they may be after seei g him.
Ross G. Hoyt – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
When I told him my diagnosis from my doctor he called it a garbage diagnosis. He is not a medical professional and this is out of his scope of practice. I am a mental health professional in Lincoln. I will never refer to him. I got 4 hours of testing and no follow up at all because insurance paid for it. I never filled out a release of information and they sent the report out any way. Very unprofessional. Makes me wonder if he follows any HIPPA or confidentiality standards.
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
Dr. Arias and staff are friendly and helpful. It's unfortunate that these negative review are on here. Dr. Arias has a tough job with tough patients. Please remember that as you read through reviews. You are really missing out on a top notch provider!
Waverly, NE – Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
He talked to me, took notes, and had me do a personality test. Then based on that superficial 10 minute meeting, said I had Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have seen other providers and know my condition is more complex than that. He is arrogant and superficial. Never ever go back to him.
Lincoln, NE – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
The first time my mom and I met him was, when my mom was in the hospital in Lincoln. Then for a follow up a couple weeks after she was back at the nursing home. He was asking her questions and he'd ask me some, just to see how her memory was. Then after the exam,Dr. Arias said, "I want to do a test on you to see if we can get you out of the nursing home or not." He was very nice and friendly! Just what I look for in a good doctor!
Jenifer in elmwood, NE – Jun 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
Dr. Arias, His ego means a lot to him, sense of pride & just that, revealing something w/an animalistic urge inside him, w/bias in favor of who's paying. At the end of the day, it comes down for-profit w/traditional machismo. Nothing could put a damper on 30 minute conversation before 6hr testing, than a man without a heart to listen openly, to long suffering w/TBI, chronic pain & headaches. I guess you need that.. You're the man. You don't make mistakes, mistakes make you. I do wish you well.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Shawn Fisher in Lincoln, NE – Jun 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
Dr. Arias bases his assessment results off of testing packets instead of meeting his clients himself. The information he provides is cookie-cutter at best. After 5 hours of testing with staff and a $2,000 bill, we were sent out the door with a three page document of vague diagnoses. He doesn't attempt to reach out to his patients or explain the results. I didn't feel like he cared or had a vested interest in anything but the money. I am extremely displeased and would never recommend him.
Joe in Lincoln – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
He gave me a diagnosis with a 20-30 minute interview with him, along with 5 hours of testing. Testing was not done with him, and the whole thing seemed weird.
Waverly, NE – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
Dr. Arias bases his findings on some flash card/memory/play game testing performed by employees other than himself, and on what the patient tells him in a quick 20-30 minute session - without seeming to take into consideration that the patient is there in the first place FOR A REASON - they need help and probably are NOT TELLING HIM THE TRUTH/WHOLE TRUTH because they are in denial. End result - TOTAL WASTE OF $,$$$ AND TIME. Go to Omaha where we were referred and should have gone. Our mistake.
Frustrated in Lincoln, NE – Dec 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
Dr. Arias is goal oriented, and will help you define your goals. You have to be willing to make an effort on your part otherwise it's useless to seek out help if you're going to remain helpless.
Joseph in Lincoln, NE – Jul 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?
We found Dr. Arias to be kind, understanding and willing to answer our questions. He listened to our concerns and we felt comfortable with his recommendations. He is personable...we learned about him as well as he learned about us.
Theresa in Lincoln, NE – Jan 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Arias, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Arias?

• Neuropsychology