Robert Anderson, MA

PsychotherapyMaleAge 70

Robert Anderson

Branching Streams Psychotherapy

1962 Nw Kearney St Portland, OR 97209

Robert Anderson, MA is a Psychotherapist in Portland, OR. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Robert Anderson to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

Review Highlight

"When I needed help earlier this year Robert was there for me. Felt like just what I needed at the time, as it does now. I'd still make a point to see..."

- RaleighSee more reviews

• Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Robert Anderson treats your condition or procedure

Robert Anderson's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Grief
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse
  • Substance Abuse Treatment

Robert Anderson accepts

Robert Anderson accepts the following insurance:

HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Meritain Health

Robert Anderson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Robert Anderson

2.7

Robert Anderson?
  • Wait times (1)
    Just don't. I have NEVER experienced "care" like this. At a time my world was falling apart, this person was extremely insensitive, causing me more anguish, and adding anxiety to the mix. In the one session we had, he spent a good chunk of it telling me about his bad temper. Major red flag there! As if all of this wasn't enough, he threatened to bill my insurance for sessions that never happened!! I reported him to my EAP, as it was through them that I found this man. Save your time. Save your sanity! Just don't go to him.
    Jun 03, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    Robert B Anderson seemed to have difficult when I first called him up asking odd questions and gave a negative vibe. On his site, he says there will be a 20 minute consultation, but there was none of that. He only wanted my insurance and was not professional in any manner with his follow up communication. I receive a few different text from him and he seemed confused about his own process. It was at this time I called his office and canceled the appointment. He then continued texting me for some reason to throw some off handed remarks my way. I dodged a bullet here this guy isn't professional and is generally rude. It sounds like others had to deal with his brain fog and lack of general understanding of how to talk to people.
    • Difficult to schedule appointment
    • Staff wasn't friendly
    • Appointment was rushed
    • Didn't listen or answer questions
    • Didn't explain conditions well
    • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
    Feb 28, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    When I needed help earlier this year Robert was there for me. Felt like just what I needed at the time, as it does now. I'd still make a point to see him occasionally if I hadn't moved away a couple months ago. Thanks again Robert.
    Raleigh – Oct 13, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    Robert brought both professional and personal experiences to our sessions to help me work through some issues I was having. I appreciated our sessions and would recommend him to others.
    Oct 12, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    I really enjoyed the work Robert helped inspire within me. Every appointment I had left me feeling heard and like I was on the right track. I would recommend Robert to anyone.
    Andrew – Oct 11, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    I have been seeing Robert for three years and I consider myself lucky to have found him. I have had mental health issues for most of my life. I have seen different counselors for the past 14 years with varying degrees of success. Its difficult to find a practitioner that you can work effectively with. While mental health certainly involves diagnoses and possibly medicating symptoms, they are not useful if a practicioner is unwilling or unconcerned with understanding how you experience life. Robert applies himself intellectually to understand my mental health. Robert's ability to relate his understanding to my life experience and the content of my person has been invaluable. He has helped me rethink my attachment to work and my other obligations. This helped me reduce my stress and select better employers. I frequently recommend him to colleagues and friends. I have worked with Robert for 3 years. I have had him cancel less than 5 times, each for health or weather.
    Eric – Oct 05, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    I just had an appointment scheduled with him this morning. While waiting 10-15mins past our scheduled appointment time I decided to look at reviews. All previous reviews were a very good indicator on what happened next. Here is our text exchange when I decided to leave: Me: “I left. Scheduling is incredibly important to me and I feel that it is highly unprofessional that you were not available at the time we established. I have also done some research while waiting for our appointment and see that this is an ongoing problem with you and your clients. Please be mindful of future clients time.” Robert: “Please do be true to who you are... if you must have a therapist chop people off, no matter what...I am certain that you can find a therapist that is capable of doing that.” “For me that clinical attitude is neither empathic or ethical. I do wish you the best in your search for a “good” therapist.” This was among many other texts. Very not okay.
    Sep 21, 2019
    There are times when it is difficult to wrap up...Read More
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    I went to Robert for an issue I was having with someone I'd known all my life. I was going around in circles, obsessing about some very nasty behavior that was directed at me. I was in shock, confused, and hurt. Robert helped me through the use of EMDR, and after a series of sessions, I had an epiphany and I was able to understand this person much more deeply and with compassion, and move on.
    Janet Unruh – Sep 17, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    Absolutely unprofessional. I swear the review prior to mine is EXACTLY what happened to me...after seeming very eager to help and have me come in the same day I called, he rescheduled my appointment time TWICE and then when I showed up he had double booked my appointment and used some excuse about having someone else booking his appointments...sent me home without providing service. Additionally, he proceeded to charge my insurance for the appointment. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. Don't give this joker a moment of your time.
    Jul 29, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    Please do not go to this therapist. I know its hard to find one, but keep looking. You don't need to be treated this way. He cancels the day of. He doesn't apologize and assumes that you have time next week and without asking- "ill see you next week". He will then text you the day of, and ask you to respond ASAP then will threaten to take you off the calendar. Then if you tell him you are pursuing other options, he tells you to work on your COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Then disrespects your intelligen
    Mar 24, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    We scheduled an appointment to see Robert Anderson who seemed very enthusiastic on the phone. When we get to the appointment he comes out of his office holding his phone and says "what are your names?". After we tell him he says "we have a problem. It turned out that he had double booked his appointment and decided to cancel ours as the other person who was scheduled for that time slot was on the way. Not sure about the logic of that decision.
    Feb 21, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?
    I called this individual to discuss counseling needs. He returned my call and was rude and dismissive from the first few words out of his mouth. I asked him if he would like to reset and start over but he told me “There are a lot of other people out there, You don’t need to see me.” Pretty much the opposite behavior of someone you’re looking to help you with counseling. Stay away.
    • Difficult to schedule appointment
    • Staff wasn't friendly
    • Appointment was rushed
    • Didn't listen or answer questions
    • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
    May 30, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Robert Anderson, MA?

How was your experience with Robert Anderson?

I enjoy working with people who seek both short term solution focused therapy and those who choose to pursue longer term goals of personality change in...Read more

• Psychotherapy