Risa Klein, CNM

Midwifery •  Female • Age 62

Risa Klein

Risa Klein Manhattan Midwife

422 E 72nd St Apt 10B New York, NY 10021

Risa Klein, CNM is a midwife in New York, NY and has been practicing for 17 years. She graduated from Columbia University School Of Nursing in 2003 and specializes in midwifery, obstetrics & gynecology, and more.

• Practices at top hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

• Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy Care, Adolescent
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Risa Klein's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Risa Klein

4.1

Risa Klein?
Risa Klein's Performance
What People Say About Risa Klein, CNM
Finding Risa was the best thing that could have happened to me for the birth of my second daughter. I had had a c-section and tough recovery with my first daughter and desperately wanted a VBAC. Had it not been for Risa's amaing care, I am sure I would have had a 2nd c-section as baby girl was posterior with cord around her neck. But I had the VBAC I so desperately wanted with both myself and baby girl healthy and happy. I am so grateful to Risa and her belief in me! Truly happy to have connected with her. She is a wonderful, caring, nurturing midwife.
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
I transferred to Risa’s care a little over halfway through my pregnancy because I wanted more individualized care, time to ask questions and attention paid to things like my nutrition, mental health and lifestyle. I got all of that and so much more. I ran into some complications toward the end of my pregnancy and I know that if I had been with a traditional OB, things would have gone very differently. Risa listened to my concerns, helped me understand what was happening, and supported how I was feeling. With her comprehensive approach, though I did end up needing a C-section (stubborn breech baby that wouldn’t turn), I still got the birth experience that I wanted. I really don’t know how I would have done it without her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
5+ people have left one star reviews. Imagine having a one star birth and then think long and hard about your choice. Thank goodness for competent nurses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
My husband and I were so lucky and thankful to have Risa as our midwife. She delivered our first healthy baby. Our pregnancy experience with her guidance was much more precious than what we expected. She is a warm, loving and very professional lady with her extraordinary experiences and education. Risa is very accessible by emails, texts and phone calls to answer and discuss. Every pregnancy is unique and she made our birth story fun and beautiful. I definitely recommend Risa!
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
Caring, experienced, knowledgeable, listens to you and to your concerns. At the appointments she’s being a teacher, an expert, a friend, a mom, a shoulder to cry on. In the delivery room she’s tough, encouraging, fights for you to have the birth that you want. She’s available 24/7 even post partum she’s there for you to support and answer all the questions you have. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
Risa saved my birthing experience. I was unhappy with my doctor and hospital, and desperately switched to Risa on the 34th week of my first baby's pregnancy. It was the best decision I made and I only wished I was with Risa from earlier on. She truly cares about the health and happiness of the mother, partner, and the baby, and shows full dedication, passion and professionalism towards supporting your journey from the day you meet her - she feels like family to us although we've only met with h
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
I transferred to Risa midway through my first pregnancy because I was looking for a different level of care and Risa did not disappoint. I got the individualized attention and education I needed as a first time mom to be. During labor, Risa did everything in her power to make sure that I achieved the kind of birth I wanted, while ensuring the well-being of baby and mom. After the birth, Risa provided the reassuring support I needed to master breastfeeding. She is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
Caring, knowledgeable, skilled, thoughtful, nurturing, and professional - important qualities to look for in a midwife during such a transformative time. Risa embodies all of these qualities, helping to guide me through pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum in such a way that will leave a memorable and special imprint on my life. Every appointment left us more knowledgeable and empowered for the road ahead. Her approach is holistic and preventive. Cannot recommend more highly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
Although I interviewed multiple midwives, Risa was the perfect fit for our family. She’s loving, caring, extremely knowledgeable, and very transparent about her practice. I truly had the most magical birthing experience and Risa was a huge factor, she was my advocate throughout the entire process. We had a healthy 9lb 6oz full term baby boy and not for a second did I doubt that I could to do it naturally. She also gave me great advice on breastfeeding, I honestly cannot thank her enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?
Where does one begin when writing about the second most important person in my son’s birth?! Risa, you took me when no one else would and despite all my screaming and kicking you got me into VBAC shape. And when my fluid was gone, I didn’t dialate and my baby’s heart rate went wonky and they wanted to section me, you advocated and fought HARD and in the end, me you and Henri got what we set out for. You’re so loving and tough in all the right ways. I can never ever thank you enough. My own
×Post a ResponseAre you Risa Klein, CNM?

How was your experience with Risa Klein?

I have a small practice so that I can take individual care of each woman. I develop strong relationships of trust, and encourage my clients to ask questions and be active participants in their care.

My passion is to inspire, educate...

• Midwifery
  • Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Tue: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
    • Wed: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
    • Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Risa Klein treats patients.

60% Patient experience rating, 9% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)