Dr. Richard Young, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy •  Male • Age 68

Dr. Young

Pathways Counseling Center Riverside, CA

6840 Indiana Ave Ste 240 Riverside, CA 92506

Dr. Richard Young, PHD is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Riverside, CA. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Young to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Family And Marriage Counselors in your area

See similar Family And Marriage Counselors in Riverside

Dr. Young accepts

Dr. Young accepts the following insurance:

Kaiser Permanente
Tricare
TriCare for Life

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Young treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Young's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Richard Young, PHD...

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Young's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Young

2.7

58.62068965517241%

Dr. Young?
Dr. Young hurt my son tragically. I am his mother with NO criminal charges. I LITERALLY have nothing to be shameful about. His report said that he was able to move to a different state and my ex-husband does NOT follow the stipulation agreed upon. I've spent over 30k in this divorce already. My son cries constantly because he cannot see me. Dr. Young is horrible at knowing what a family needs or most importantly, what a child needs. His step-mother yells at him on Sykpe. She yelled at me on Sykpe saying that she is in charge now. I cannot help my son!!! He screws up peoples lives! The court appointed him to us. I hope he has sleepless nights like I do because Dr. Young said he should move away. In my opinion, Dr. Young should just retire and hopefully someone would be fair as his replacement. My son is absolutely miserable.
Mar 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Young, PHD?
Dr Young is the worst therapist experience I had- he is totally biased depending who is paying for the evaluation. He will make one parent look like a star and the one who is not paying is totally screwed. He does not read all the paperwork presented and types whatever crap the person says during the interview. No analysis!! Why are we putting our future in his hands??? His recommendations are so way off!! Do not ever go with this guy. So disappointed and angry with this horrible experience.
Zareen Romani – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Young, PHD?
No integrity, no concern for the child's welfare. Young recuse himself form case, but not before omitting and provide inaccurate information to the judge, which has put the child in danger with the original perpetrator, the biological father. He sent the letter to the judge, and the father (who was paying his services, but not to my attorney, or me, as the child is my custody. In short., for the Right price, Young will write a letter with no true facts.
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Young, PHD?
This is the second pysch evaluation our family's been through. First was in San Diego County by a true professional who literally spent hours and hours with both sides of the family in addition to his testing, to really get to know the parties involved, the kids involved and the family involved. This guy is the complete opposite of a professional. Perhaps he's been doing it too long but in comparison to going through this process with actual professionals and then ending up with him, is a sh
Temecula – Oct 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Young, PHD?
My personal experience with Dr. Richard Young , This man should not be in business in my case I did not pick him I let the other party sadly decide who we were going to and she picked Mr. Young. At first his office was skeptical for seeing my particular type of case because they don't deal with this type of case but of course any money hungry person will take any case and of course he took it, he is a pompous, arrogant, and self-centered man, I have now handed over in excess of $500!!
082293ys in Barstow,Ca – Oct 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Young, PHD?
The wife and I had been having lots of little issues that had begun to mount. The pettiness had built to a massive level. So she asked if I'd consider counseling. I reluctantly said yes. She found Dr. Young, without my help. I expected some dude who would basically tell me I'm being unfair while charging me an arm and a leg to do so. WRONG!!! We've had some not-so pleasant "moments" in his office. Yet he has maintained, a professional & fair atmosphere. Super easy to talk to! Like a friend.
J. W. in Riverside, CA – Sep 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Young, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Young?

I have been in private practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Riverside, California for the past 36 years. I have experience in individual, couple, and family therapy with children, adolescents, and adults. I am also a certified Chil...Read more

• Marriage & Family Therapy

California State University, Fullerton, M.S. In Counseling Psychology
1975
California Baptist University

More Information

• Does Dr. Young communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Young communicates via email

• Does Dr. Young offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Young offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Young offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Young offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Young have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Young has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Young offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Young offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Young offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Young offers evening visits