Richard Vogel, LMFT

Richard Vogel
Telehealth services available

Richard M. Vogel

23547 Moulton Pkwy Ste 209 Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Richard Vogel, LMFT is a marriage & family therapist in Laguna Hills, CA and has been practicing for 63 years. He specializes in marriage & family therapy, men's health psychology, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Family And Marriage Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Richard Vogel accepts

Richard Vogel accepts the following insurance:

Beacon Health Strategies
Health Net
Kaiser PHCS Network PPO
Dental
Value Options

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Richard Vogel treats your condition or procedure

• Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Richard Vogel, LMFT...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer evening visits?

Richard Vogel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Richard Vogel

Richard Vogel?
Richard Vogel's Performance
What People Say About Richard Vogel, LMFT
Richard is fantastic on all levels. I found him about a year and a half ago and have been seeing him regularly ever since. Ive read a quite a few of the glowing reviews of him that are on this site both before and after meeting him, and if anything people are underselling him, he really is phenomenal. Richard is attentive and full of life experience, which make his insights even more accurate and applicable. He has a seemingly natural ability to take in the first person perspective of your experiences and then fill in the gaps and hand you back something tangible that you can examine and see from angles that were previously invisible to you. On top of all that he is always friendly and punctual, and he double checks to verify appointments the day prior. I feel genuinely lucky to have found him, he helped me through a very rough patch and has continued to help me grow ever since. I really cannot recommend Richard highly enough.
DB92 – Apr 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Richard has been an essential ally in helping to manage my ADHD throughout a job transition, moving, new baby, and now in working from home during the COVID-19 crisis. He was quick to adapt our sessions to an online format using Zoom - which is very convenient with my hectic life/schedule. After going nowhere with a couple therapists who 'just listened', Richard was exactly what I needed. Not only does he listen, he is able to offer actionable coaching and help hold me accountable. If you are looking improve the way you feel - and the way you live - Richard can help.
Erik – Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
***ZOOM*** Talk about a god send! If you are looking for a great therapist, Richard is your guy. We have transitioned our sessions to video therapy through encrypted zoom. I couldn't be more thankful to him for adapting to the current environment in order to still be there for his clients. But that is the kind of person Richard is. He shows empathy, is accepting, easy to talk to, and wise. Richard is straightforward with his advise yet gentle. His approach makes you feel comfortable, understood, and safe to open up. I am so grateful for his patience and guidance. I look forward our sessions every week. I recommend him hands down, you will not be disappointed.
Pia – Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Straight fwd advice. Empathetic to client needs, offers direct insightful guidance. Results for me have been, tangible and positive the day of, and remain so after each session. I will never be able to thank him enough for his guidance. A true mensch. 5 star plus.
Apr 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Richard Vogel has been my therapist for over a year now. He is very wise (that comes from the many years of experience he has accumulated). He is professional and very easy to talk to. Even during this COVID-19 situation, he has conducted our sessions through video therapy on encrypted Zoom. I strongly recommend him.
G – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
I've been seeing Richard for about two years now, and he has been a great help with my personal growth. He is very knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience, these things allow him to quickly pinpoint the issues that I bring to discuss each session. I have done a remote zoom session with Richard, and there has not been any decrease in the quality of the session. Connecting remotely was a breeze and I look forward to more remote sessions.
Nathanael – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
I don't typically like therapists, but I really like Richard. He is easy to talk to and spend time with. There is obviously a lot to be said for experience, and he has quite a bit. At times, I've gone to see him just to spend time with him.
Eric – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
I have nothing but praise for Richard. I can't put into words how grateful I am to have met him. Very professional, WISE, and easy to talk to. You won't be making any mistake in going to Richard.
Omar – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
An outstanding listener and able to really find the issues that are causing the trouble. He delivers his assessment in a kind, no nonsense and understandable way. His wealth of experience and sharp mind make him an outstanding resource if you are looking to make positive changes.
Brett and Stacey – Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
I only got to see Richard Vogel for a few sessions, but it was so impactful. He is older and he just came off as very wise. I never had a grandfather to talk to but I imagine that it would be something like this, except he has the schooling to back it up. He was straight to the point, he knew what questions to ask. He had me figured out in the first session. I highly recommend him, I would still be going if I didn't have crappy insurance.
Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
He is a very caring, helpful and genuine therapist. I saw him for almost a year, then my location and insurance changed. It's very refreshing to see someone at his age still working because of the love of what he does. Due to his older age he doesn't try to BS around. He checked in with me throughout the time I saw him to make sure his therapy modality fit my needs, and reviewed the importance of client/therapist fit with me. He genuinely wants to help his clients. Strongly recommend him especially if you're just starting to see a therapist. Even if he doesn't fit well with what you are looking for, he will tell help you search what would work for you best.
Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Richard is a great listener and makes you feel comfortable. He helped us at a very difficult time when we experienced an adult son living at home verbally and financially abusing us. He opened our eyes to enabling and taught us tough love methods. He guided us through understanding addiction and mental health conditions also. He also made us aware of taking care of ourselves and focused on us individually. I definitely recommend him for any crisis in your life. He is a wise man.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Richard has the life experience to know priorities. Without a mother or father rarely looking out for my best interest, Richard gave me the guidance to know it's not only okay, but essential to be able to take care of my life without the guilt that I've had my whole life serving narcissist family members. Trying to make them happy was impossible and not my job. Living more joyfully without self punishment means more loving energy to share with my family; my husband, and grown sons.
Elizabeth in Mission Viejo, CA – Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
None better than Richard! I just felt warm, understood, relaxed in making difficult decisions. He breaks things down in easy to understand choices. He Felt like the best friend I ever had, that wouldn’t steel my money in the middle of the night. Lol Always available to listen to my problems and help with difficult decisions. He asked just the right questions at just the right time. Whenever I’m stressed he’s always my number one or number two call! I really adore him and you wil too!
Christy Johns in Tacoma, WA – Sep 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
We LOVE Richard Vogel. He was easy to reach when we were searching for a family therapist. He offers Sunday appointments. He's right down the street from where we live. He got us in RIGHT AWAY & he communicates well via text. He heard all of us & we never felt like he was taking sides.
Long Beach, CA – Sep 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Richard will tell you he’s “a dinosaur.” I’ll tell you that sometimes you need to sit and talk with an 80+ year old, just to understand this thing called life again. You see experience begets common sense, and common sense begets wisdom... Richard has all three, and he’s willing to share. Hurry up, book an appointment before this ol’ dinosaur becomes extinct.
Todd Rosene – Jun 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
A true gem among men. Answers phone, is attentive and a overall amazing human being.
Buena park – Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
My partner has been dealing with anger and depression by himself for years. Let me tell you, in the one month of weekly session there has been amazing progress. Mr. Vogel takes the time to discuss the real problems and finds the root of the causes. He is kind, understanding, and most of all very patient. On top of that, he is incredibly motivating and really helps you get back on your feet. We also have started couples counseling which has really helped us grow stronger together.
M&P in Irvine, CA – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Richard has been a fundamental part in my healing process (divorce, custody, relocation). He has a way of making you understand that you are going through a process, you are healing and you will be come out of this a better and stronger person. He is an amazing and understanding gentleman. I am so blessed to have him as my therapist. If anyone out there is looking for a great therapist, look no more, come see Mr. Vogel, he's great!
Karla in Fountain Valley – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?
Richard has been an absolutely fantastic counselor and life coach. He is a truly kind and generous man. Why he doesn't charge more is beyond me. Many of the highly recommended MFT's that I've used are maybe 10 years out of school and my experience has been that they just haven't lived long enough to have worked through life's challenges and disappointments. This can all be summed up in one word: wisdom. Richard has wisdom and expresses it in stories that relate to whatever I'm working through.
Laguna Niguel, CA – Aug 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Richard Vogel, LMFT?

How was your experience with Richard Vogel?

My name is Richard M. Vogel, I have been a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist since 1980. My client focus is on adults of any ethnicity; all genders; any religious orientation. My treatment preference skews toward an eclectic...

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Couples Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling

1977
Antioch University - Los Angeles, CA (MA Psychology)
1957
Albert Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia, PA (Hospital Admin.)
1957
Columbia University - New York, NY (MSHA, Hospital Admin.)
1955
North Country Hospitals - Canton, NY (Hospital Admin.)
1955