Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC

ChiropracticMaleAge 52

Dr. Sheppard

Wellness One of Hickory - Sheppard Chiropractic

36 14th Ave Ne Ste 101 Hickory, NC 28601

Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC is a Chiropractor in Hickory, NC and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Logan College of Chiropractic medical school in 1997. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sheppard to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Chiropractors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

1 disciplinary action Found

• Ultrasound
  • Whiplash
  • X-Ray

Dr. Sheppard accepts

Dr. Sheppard accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Worker's Compensation WC

Dr. Sheppard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sheppard

Dr. Sheppard?
  • Appointment scheduling (87)
  • Office environment (87)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (86)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
Dr Shepherd and his staff are amazing. I got a full set of X-rays and adjustment and the price was awesome. Dr Shepherd went through my x-rays and discovered that my spine is curved and one of my legs is lower than the other as well as my neck being tilted at an angle. after just the first adjustment I had so much energy and felt so much better and my headache stopped. I now go in several times a week to get adjusted to try to correct my crooked spine and I feel amazing I have so much energy to keep going all day without being stuck on the couch because I'm in pain. I recommend him to everyone I know.
Amber Duane – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
I was dx with degenerative disc disease by orthopedic surgeon. He prescribed PT. After 3 months with no improvement I decided to try a chiropractor figuring I had nothing to lose. I saw Dr Shepherd's ad and since the budget was tight, I went for an eval. He seemed confident he could help me altho he cautiously informed me I had pretty severe wear and tear. I knew that because of the amt of discomfort I was having. I also had a subluxed C5 C6 which was obvious on xray. I have been going 3 times per week for the past 8 weeks and have felt improvement consistently along theway. last week he reassessed me repeating the c spine films and I was shocked to see my cervical vertebra totally back in alignment!! My improvement is miraculous!
Beth – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
Dr. Sheppard is great. I have been a regular monthly patient for a couple of years and have had him work on my neck,back and feet. Had success on all things. I have alot of confidence in him and his staff. Thanks Dr. Sheppard and staff.
Barry R – Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
I've had some back and neck issues and was uncertain on where or what to do. Mr daughter-in-law recommended me to see Dr. Sheppard. That was one of my best decisions to make. He has treated me for about 9 weeks and I am extremely happy and elated with my recovery. Dr. Sheppard is very personable and likable. He's very concerned and determined to help you with your recovery and keep his patients on tract physically, mentally and emotionally at all times. I had to be patient will his treatments. You know when you hurt you want to be fixed immediately. He explains thoroughly how it takes a little longer to get to the place of healed. I'm now seeing him only twice a month for maintenance. I so recommend him. You and your body will be very happy you made this decision to call. His staff is great too. They are very friendly and so helpful. Dr. Sheppard and his staff always has time for you. If you need to reschedule your appointment it's never an issue.
Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
Dr. Sheppard is awesome! He is very helpful, listens to you and your needs, and helped fix my back so I was not in pain. They get you in really fast too, which is awesome for a busy schedule. I would highly recommend going to see Dr. Sheppard.
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
We like that Dr. Sheppard takes the time to spend with you and explain your particular health situation and also explains what can be done to solve it. His staff is very polite and makes you feel right at home.
Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
Suffered from constant headaches for 10 years after a car accident. Dr. Sheppard helped me in a matter of a month and a half to get rid of that pain that never seemed to go away. It’s been a year later and I’m still headache free! Thank you, Dr. Sheppard!!
Kaleigh C. in Hickory , NC – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
I am so pleased with the entire office! The girls at the front desk have phenomenal customer service, and Dr. Sheppard is kind and knowledgeable. He makes you feel comfortable at all times while putting your mind at ease that he knows what to do to fix your problem. The staff is very understanding and accepts last minute clients no matter how busy they are. I am so happy I found them and would recommend them to anyone and everyone.
Kaitlan Ward in Hickory, NC – Jun 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
So grateful to have found Dr. Sheppard. I can now move my neck, and raise my arm without all the pain. He takes time to explain what is going on with your body. His staff is wonderful.
Sandra Lane in Taylorsville – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
I have been going to Dr Sheppard for several years now. I have tried several Chiropractors throughout the Catawba Valley. After a incident with a Chiropractor in Maiden damaged my neck requiring surgery, I was looking for a Chiropractor that was really concerned about my health and understood my needs. Dr. Sheppard is that person. You will not find a more knowledgeable and caring Chiropractor in the Catawba County. I will continue to recommend him to family, friends and co-workers.
Greg G in Conover, NC – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
After coming back to NC I began having some pain and popping in my right knee. I made an appointment with Dr. Sheppard to get an x-ray and find out what was going on. He gave me all of the services a doctor would have plus more, at an extremely lower price. Wonderful staff, felt super comfortable, and found out that my knee pain is coming from my hip being out of line! I love Dr. Sheppard and his staff! Couldn’t ask for a better chiropractor!
Tiffany Fox – May 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
I have been going to Dr. Sheppard for a year. After dealing with daily pain, my husband convinced me to try chiropractic care. I visited Dr. Sheppard and found that he and his staff to be awesome! He, along with his staff, have helped me tremendously! With his adjustments, my migraines are non existent, my mobility and insomnia are much improved. Chiropractic care is the only thing that helps with my fibromyalgia. Dr Sheppard makes your health his number one priority! He is the absolute best!
Heather Singleton in Hickory, NC – Apr 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Sheppard for a year now. We are very pleased with the care we receive and how well we feel. Everyone on his staff is great.
Brenda – Apr 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
Dr.Sheppard Explains what he is doing how it will help or effect your healing process.Dr. Sheppard is hands on and a very professional Chiropractor who is willing to go above and beyond.
Bernetta Graves in Hickory,NC – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
I am a new patient of Dr. Sheppards office and have saw a couple different chiropractors in the past 20 years and I have to say Dr. Sheppard has been the best I have seen, he takes his time with his patients and he educates and his adjustments are with confidence and finess. The office staff is also very welcoming and helpful! I highly recommend if you are looking for a chiropractor that you give Dr. Sheppard and his staff a chance!
Nan Adams in Hudson – Mar 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
Dr. Sheppard's office staff is professional, friendly, caring and accommodating across the board. Since following the advice given and the treatments applied, I feel so much better. I find that I have greater ease and range of movement and fewer headaches. My time is respected and I have never waited more than a couple minutes before my treatment begins.
Gail in Hickory NC – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
Dr. Shepherd and his staff have done a tremendous job with helping not only myself but my husband. I have chronic migraines and my husband has multiple disc herniated. With dr. Shepherd care I have come off all of my migraine pills.. and my husband has avoid the surgery. I would highly recommend anyone suffering from back neck or migraines to go see dr. Shepard his wonderful staff. They have truly gave us both a different life that we did not think was possible without medicine and surgery.
Heather in Hickory, NC – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
One of the Best Chiropractors around! I have severe lower back problems. My back would pop out of alignment and lock up. Razor sharp pains would run through my waist and down my legs. Nothing would felt good except laying flat on my back. Walking, standing and sitting are out of the question when it does this. I go to Dr. Sheppard when this happens and he always has me back up and walking in no time. My back is becoming healthier and stronger by keeping it properly aligned.
Wes Baker in Hickory, NC – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
Dr. Sheppard is very professional. He outstanding and genuinely cares for his patients. He was able to help me in so many ways from an old injury. I would and do recommend him to anyone that is having joint issues.
Kelly in Hickory, NC – Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?
You won't find another doctor that compares. Dr. Sheppard and his staff are AMAZING! Easily one of the best decisions I've made by going.
Shaina in Hickory NC – Aug 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Sheppard, DC?

How was your experience with Dr. Sheppard?

• Chiropractic