Dr. Richard Picard, DC

ChiropracticMaleAge 56

Dr. Picard

Dr. Richard E. Picard, Jr., D.C., Cranston, RI

342 Atwood Ave Cranston, RI 02920

Dr. Richard Picard, DC is a Chiropractor in Cranston, RI and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from National University of Health Sciences / National College of Chiropractic medical school in 1990. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Picard to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Chiropractors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Rhode Island

• Neck Pain
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Shoulder Pain

Dr. Picard accepts

Dr. Picard accepts the following insurance:

Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans
Tufts PPO

Dr. Picard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Picard

Dr. Picard?
  • Appointment scheduling (58)
  • Staff friendliness (58)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (57)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
I have been suffering from migraines almost all of my life. Dr. Picard's techniques of adjusting and aligning my spine with the latest technology has helped me get back to living my life quickly and painlessly. I highly recommend Dr. Picard to anyone suffering from migraine pain.
Irene Tellier – May 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
I have had pain and instability in my right leg which had been diagnosed as IT band syndrome for the past year. I had gotten to the point where just walking was difficult and getting my leg into the car required me to lift my leg in order to make it happen. Dr. Picard changed all that within three weeks. After the first three visits I could see the results. And the progress has continued to the point that I am able to play golf again, which I didn’t think was going to happen any longer. I would heartily recommend Dr. Picard to anyone who is in pain. I only wish that I had known about him earlier.
Richard M – May 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
Dr. Picard helped me immensely. He listened carefully to my story, analyzed my case in a complete and comprehensive manner, and made precise recommendations that solved my problem immediately. I had been having heart palpitations sporadically for 9 years straight with no relief and no recommendation from my PCP regarding how to correct the issue. I could never prevent the pattern from returning, and I could never figure out what was causing the palpitations. Dr. Picard quickly recommended some dietary changes based on my symptom history and the information he had gathered about my lifestyle, health and current eating habits. Literally the next day my symptoms stopped completely and I have had no further palpitations since implementing the dietary changes. I have been completely free of palpitations for several months now and have also seen positive results in my mood, energy level, endurance and sleep patterns since making dietary and exercise changes, and adding supplements.
William Comeau – Apr 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
In June 2019, I lifted a suitcase improperly, heard a pop, and felt my entire core seize. I found out that I had compressed 2 vertebrae. After a period of slow healing with little guidance on how to rid myself from residual pain from either my PCP or the orthopedic specialist, I made an appt. with Dr. Picard. After the first appointment - no kidding - I had some relief. I had lived with pains and aches every day. As the appointments progressed, my condition improved. I am almost finished with the first series of visits and feel much better. I am an active senior who enjoys walking and yoga. Dr. Picard's care has been great. Friendly, professional office and atmosphere, too.
Caroline – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
I have been seeing Dr. Picard for 6 months now and I am so happy to be a patient of his! He has helped me so much and in so many ways. My migraines have decreased significantly. I suffered from migraines for years. I was having 3 to 4 a month and now I have 1 every 3 to 4 months. I haven’t had any pain in my knee and my lower back has never felt better! Dr. Picard has even helped me realize what can hurt by body and how to help it. He has helped me with my posture and made me realize that my anxiety can also hurt my body. Dr. Picard takes time with his patients and he listens to you. He truly just generally cares about his patients. He has truly changed my life. He is the best!
Talia Santomaro – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
I was referred to Dr. Picard by a friend because I experience occasional back pain as a result of a car accident several years ago. I knew from my first visit that I would never see another doctor again for my pain and I wish I saw him a long time ago! He is kind, thorough, and amazing at what he does. My back pain instantly subsided after my first visit and continued to improve with my regularly scheduled appointments. I also experienced TMJ recently and he fixed it immediately! I love that he is a holistic practice and I can't recommend him enough! His wife also offers amazing massage services and is great right after your adjustment. Thank you Dr. Picard for everything!!
Sarah – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
I had been suffering from Sciatica pain for seven months before I sought help from Dr. Picard. I tried numerous back stretches, stretching devices, hot/cold therapy and multiple visits to my primary care physician however nothing was able to give me relief. After three visits with Dr. Picard my pain quickly subdued and I began to retain my range of motion. Dr Picard explained all of his treatment methods and gave me a great understanding of what to expect. In the end, he delivered on his promise and I can say I feel better than I have in years.
Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
I was referred to Dr Picard by my daughter who had a serious back injury and thought surgery may be her only choice. He helped her though a difficult time and she is doing wonderfully. For myself, a chronic neck injury that flared up recently that did not get better for several weeks. After two or three treatments with Dr. Picard I started noticing improvement. By the fourth and fifth treatment I was again going to the gym lifting weights and Zumba and working out without pain. I work three days a week in the medical field as a sonographer, scan my patients without pain and I am on the other side of 60. I told him I now needed an alarm clock again because the pain does not wake me up any more. I could not be more confident in giving Dr Picard and his staff 5 stars
Mary in RI – Jun 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
it is a pleasure to write this comment. Clearly, Dr. Picard is an expert. He was able to diagnose and "fix my problem". Am I happy! Knowledgeable, thorough, curious, patient...I could go on and on about his meticulous approach to caring for his patients. Without a doubt, I recommend Dr. Picard as your doctor of choice.
Regina A . Bell in Providence, RI – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
From when I was 30 yrs. old, I have experienced chronic pain due to Scoliosis & Fibromyalgia. Now that I am 70, I must add arthritis to the list. Finding Dr. Picard & his wife Allison has been a Godsend for me. I am responding very well to his chiropractic treatments as well as Allison's massage therapy. The pain before I went to them had become so bad that I was no longer able to take the walks I enjoyed so much with my husband. But now I am once again walking with him everyday! What a relief!
Lorraine Amalfitano in Johnston, RI – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
Dr. Picard is fantastic and I would recommend him to everyone. He has helped with my back pain as well as my vertigo. My back pain has gone away and my vertigo is much more manageable since going to Dr. Picard. I have tried physical therapy, pain meds, lotions, etc... Nothing helped or took the pain away. He was the only one that was able to give me some relief. So thankful that I was referred to Dr. Picard!
C Hamilton in RI – Dec 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
Courteous, efficient, knowledgeable, accommodating with great results!!!!
Matt in RI – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
My problems began as mild pain/tingling in my shoulder/arm with eventual increased discomfort and numbness in my middle/ring finger tips. Given my background and education as a licensed massage therapist, I attempted to self treat with no improvements and realized it was likely skeletal based. Having known Dr Picard and learned of his unique treatment method, I made an appt. After 2 visits: 60% improvement with 100% after 4 visits. I'm very pleased with Dr Picard's excellent knowledge and care!
Leslie T., LMT, MS, CCC-SLP in North Kingstown, RI – Jan 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
It took me a long time to finally try a chiropractor for my chronic back, hip, leg, neck and shoulder pain. After some research, I decided on Dr Picard because the Impulse IQ technology. I had noticeable and immediate pain relief after the first treatment. I was excited for next my appointment and on my 9th treatment, I was surprised to say that i felt pain free. It was an awesome feeling. Dr and I gave each other high five. I highly recommend Dr Picard.
Terry Carberry in Warwick, RI – Jun 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
After my first visit to Dr. Picard I was able to ditch the recliner and return to sleeping in my bed without fear of terrible lower and upper back pain. By my third adjustment it was as if the pain never existed at all. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover chiropractic treatment so the 6 session over 3 weeks cost about $300 out of pocket. Worth every penny. Don't listen to the naysayers about chiropractors, Dr. Picard knows his stuff and will tell you straight up if he can help or not.
Sean C in Cranston – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
Excellent service. He has helped cure my back pain and this has allowed me to continue to be active.
Chris F in Cranston, RI – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
Dr. Picard has helped to relieve me of chronic shoulder and neck pain and provided ways I can help myself through simple exercises that re-train muscles and improve my posture. The office staff is friendly, polite, and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Picard!
Carrie Samek in North Smithfield, RI – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
I have achieved outstanding results since seeing Dr. Picard after just a few visits. He utilizes state of the art techniques, has a professional staff, and is always on time. My entire family goes for treatment and I have recommended him to several friends and business associates. Dr. Picard has been able to resolve chronic problems that other doctors have not.
Paul in North Smithfield, RI – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
Dr. Picard's professionalism, mild pleasant manner, and results, has kept me coming back for nearly 20 years. The wonderful balance of energy felt while there can not be overstated. The purposeful music and energy felt will delight even the most oblivious. Dr. Picard always seems happy, pleasant and attentive to my needs while being very thorough with his adjustments. I always feel wonderful after leaving his office. Thank you Dr. Picard for your expertise and knowledge. My spine thanks you!!
Linda Pullano in Cranston, RI – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?
If you're looking for a chiropractor that truly knows his profession, then Dr. Richard Picard should be your first choice.
Lynne M. in Smithfield, RI – Oct 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Picard, DC?

How was your experience with Dr. Picard?

Dr. Picard's approach for treating and caring for patients is wellness orientated and patient centered.  Dr. Picard is holistic minded and takes a...Read more

A native Rhode Islander, Dr. Picard grew up witnessing health-related issues with his family, always believing there was a better way of achieving health through...Read more

• Chiropractic