Chiropractic  |
Dr. Richard Picard Jr, DC
A native Rhode Islander, Dr. Picard grew up witnessing health-related issues with his family, always believing there was a better way of achieving health through natural and non-invasive methods. His personal story began with his own battle of childhood allergies and asthma. He also witnessed his mother go through a series of health challenges and illnesses, such as spinal problems, chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia, IBS and celiac disease. This was the motivation that got Dr. Picard interested in health and wellness. After attaining his pre-med requirements, he attended the National University of Health Sciences and graduated as a Doctor of Chiropractic in 1990. Dr. Picard also attended the University of Rhode Island in the undergraduate Nutrition and Food Sciences program. He attained a national certification as a nutritional consultant from the American Association of Nutritional Consultants. Through chiropractic, nutrition and dietary changes Dr. Picard later overcame his childhood allergies and asthma on his own and has helped thousands of patients achieve health and wellness through chiropractic, nutrition and lifestyle coaching. Dr. Picard is a chiropractor, nutrition specialist and wellness coach. His patients are people that see the value of supporting the body naturally with structural correction, nutrition and whole food supplements for health related problems. Supporting the body with "genuine replacement parts" or whole food & nutrients have proven to be very effective in assisting the body to repair and heal.

342 Atwood Ave

Cranston, RI 02920

• Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Picard Jr

My approach for treating and caring for patients is wellness orientated and patient centered.  Patients are evaluated based on a number of criteria and not just musculoskeletal complaints.  I am very holistic and wellness minded and try to look at the patient in a well rounded holistic way.  For example: a stressful lifestyle can induce the release of various hormones in the body which can contribute to chronic muscular spasm, headaches and weight loss resistance.  By dealing with not only the muscle spasm but also helping the person to modulate their stress levels the patient will have a better prognosis and return to health quicker feeling better about themselves along the way.  Our patients are treated as people in a warm, safe and caring environment.

• Chiropractic
  • Nutrition Consulting

Dr. Picard Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders
  • Neck Pain
  • Shoulder Pain

• Manipulation Adjustment of Back and Neck
  • Nutritional Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• Rhode Island College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • National University Of Health Sciences / National College Of Chiropractic
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Rhode Island
    Other Education | Completed 2013

Dr. Picard Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Picard Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Picard Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Picard Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Picard Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Picard Jr to family and friends
Dr. Picard Jr Says:

Thank you for your feedback.  The information you provide will help others who are in need of help to find me.  Your input will help to guide them in the right direction.  Thank you, Dr. P.

Dr. Picard Jr's Performance
in Warwick, RI |
It took me a long time to finally try a chiropractor for my chronic back, hip, leg, neck and shoulder pain. After some research, I decided on Dr Picard because the Impulse IQ technology. I had noticeable and immediate pain relief after the first treatment. I was excited for next my appointment and on my 9th treatment, I was surprised to say that i felt pain free. It was an awesome feeling. Dr and I gave each other high five. I highly recommend Dr Picard.
in Cranston |
After my first visit to Dr. Picard I was able to ditch the recliner and return to sleeping in my bed without fear of terrible lower and upper back pain. By my third adjustment it was as if the pain never existed at all. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover chiropractic treatment so the 6 session over 3 weeks cost about $300 out of pocket. Worth every penny. Don't listen to the naysayers about chiropractors, Dr. Picard knows his stuff and will tell you straight up if he can help or not.
in Cranston, RI |
Excellent service. He has helped cure my back pain and this has allowed me to continue to be active.
in North Smithfield, RI |
Dr. Picard has helped to relieve me of chronic shoulder and neck pain and provided ways I can help myself through simple exercises that re-train muscles and improve my posture. The office staff is friendly, polite, and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Picard!
in North Smithfield, RI |
I have achieved outstanding results since seeing Dr. Picard after just a few visits. He utilizes state of the art techniques, has a professional staff, and is always on time. My entire family goes for treatment and I have recommended him to several friends and business associates. Dr. Picard has been able to resolve chronic problems that other doctors have not.
in Cranston, RI |
Dr. Picard's professionalism, mild pleasant manner, and results, has kept me coming back for nearly 20 years. The wonderful balance of energy felt while there can not be overstated. The purposeful music and energy felt will delight even the most oblivious. Dr. Picard always seems happy, pleasant and attentive to my needs while being very thorough with his adjustments. I always feel wonderful after leaving his office. Thank you Dr. Picard for your expertise and knowledge. My spine thanks you!!
in Smithfield, RI |
If you're looking for a chiropractor that truly knows his profession, then Dr. Richard Picard should be your first choice.
in Coventry, RI |
Excellent experience! Very professional and courteous staff that make you feel extremely welcomed!
in Scituate, RI |
I have had lower back pain for many years, and have learned to control it. However, approximately 8 month ago it worsened. I tried physical therapy, with no results. I tried acupuncture which only gave some temporary relief. A friend recommended Dr.Picard. I contacted his office and was given an appointment that fit my schedule. Dr. Picard began using an Impulse Adjusting Instrument on my lower back and spine. The results are fantastic. I highly recommend. My back feels great. Bill Scituate,RI
in Coventry, RI |
I have never met a more approachable, educated, and concerned doctor yet. I have had the troubles of going from doctors to doctors in attempt to help any of my problems, yet no resolution. Dr. Picard felt very confident from the day I met him that he would be able to solve my problems and pain. And he did. I was in shock and cannot be more grateful. His holistic and non-invasive approaches allows him to stand out amongst other providers.
in Warwick, RI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Picard's for approximately 15 years. He is the consummate professional and an extremely competent Chiropractor. Approximately 10 years ago before being recommended to him, the only option I was given to resolve my bulging & herniated discs was surgery. After roughly 10 of his treatments, my issues were resolved and with regular treatment to this day, my disc problems are gone. I do not offer up this this term lightly but from my perspective, he is a miracle worker!
in Cranston, RI |
Dr. Picard is fantastic! He is a caring, compassionate and thorough physician. He spends so much time listening and addressing all of my concerns. I never feel 'rushed' which is extremely important to me. I was immediately impressed by his wealth of knowledge and how he went out of his way to make sure I had a full understanding. In just 1 visit, he was able to stop the constant 'popping' in my knee that I had been dealing with for months. I only wish I had gone to him sooner!
in Cranston, RI |
I am extremely pleased with Dr Picard's service. He is very knowledgeable with both his chiropractic and nutrition work. He has helped me tremendous ly with the severe back pain I was experiencing. He really cares about his patients.
in Cranston, RI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Picard for Chiropractic care as he is very knowledgeable and really listens to what you have to say. I am 100% satisfied with his care.
in Pawtucket, RI |
Seems capable but somewhat rushed. Arrogant and defensive when I questioned why I was having problems after treatment. Became annoyed with me. Won't be back.
in North Providence, RI |
Came to Dr. Picard suffering from intense cluster headaches, sometimes as many as 6 in one day. Emergency room visits complete with CT scan and MRI showed nothing. Morphine shot wouldn't stop the pain. I have seen the Dr. 3 times now and and have not had a headache for the past week! His expertise is undeniable as is his level of professionalism. I highly recommend Dr. Picard! By the way, I had a bit of trouble with the slider in the age category. I am 64 years old, if that matters.
in Cranston Rhode Island |
Dr Picard gave me back my life ..
in Lincoln, RI |
I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Picard. I feel like I have a life coach, detective and nutrition consultant all in one. As a longtime registered nurse I was initially skeptical of Nutrition Response Testing, but time has proved its value. I feel better than I have in the last three years. I still believe in traditional medicine, but we also have to think outside the box as much and work collaboratively.
in Natick, MA |
Excellent
in Tiverton, RI |
Dr. Picard has a genuine passion for his line of work; accompanied with a paramount concern for his patients' health and well being.
in Cranston, RI |
ALWAYS makes me better, with EVERY appointment!
Have you seen Dr. Richard Picard Jr, DC?
Are you Dr. Picard Jr?