Rhiannon Doherty, PMHNP-BC

Rhiannon Doherty, PMHNP-BC

Adult Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·
Rhiannon Doherty, PMHNP-BC is an adult psychiatry specialist in Plainfield, CT. She specializes in adult psychiatry, psychiatry, and more.Read her story

13 Babcock Ave

Plainfield, CT 06374

• Anthem
  • Medicare

Learn about Rhiannon Doherty

See how frequently Rhiannon Doherty performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)

Rhiannon Doherty's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Rhiannon Doherty's bio

This content was provided by Rhiannon Doherty "Rhiannon Doherty MS, APRN, PMHNP-BC is an Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse currently working in community mental health in Connecticut. She began her career in mental health by working as a residential counselor in a child/adolescent group home. Since that time, she has been employed as a nurse practitioner at an urban community mental health center in NH, an integrated care clinic for refugees and at-risk pregnant women, a medication-assisted addiction addiction clinic and a court-evaluation inpatient unit at a state hospital. In addition to her clinical experience, she has a diverse and notable academic background that includes two bachelor's degrees (a BA in education and a BSN in nursing) and a Master of Science in Advanced Practice Nursing from the University of Massachusetts. Professional interests include: Biological Psychiatry, Evolutionary Psychiatry, Mindfulness practices in mental health, Integrated Psychiatry, Functional Medicine, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and working with individuals in the LGBTQ community. "

This content was provided by Rhiannon Doherty "As a psychiatric nurse practitioner my role is to be a resource for my clients's journey towards recovery and achieving their optimal level of health and wellbeing. I believe that an individual is the expert regarding their health, and given the opportunity and the acquisition of needed skills, they are capable of achieving their goals and creating a sense of meaning and purpose in their lives."

• Adult Psychiatry
  • Counseling
  • Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Pharmacotherapy
  • Psychiatry

Rhiannon Doherty does not have any board certifications listed.

• Medication Management
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Massachusetts College Of Pharmacology and Health Sciences
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Advocates Inc.
  • Crisis Stabilization Unit At Solomon Carter Fuller Hospital
  • Umass Memorial Medical Center
  • University Of Massachusetts
    Other Education | Completed

Rhiannon Doherty has no awards or honors listed.

Rhiannon Doherty has no media or publications listed.

Rhiannon Doherty does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Rhiannon Doherty and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Rhiannon Doherty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Rhiannon Doherty to family and friends

Rhiannon Doherty's Performance

After a long, rotating history of providers, Rhiannon is a breath of fresh air. I know that being a great psychiatrist has got to be very challenging. Rhiannon rises to that challenge. I’ve never felt more like a real person in anyone’s care. She listens and connects. If you are fortunate enough to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your thoughtful words. I strive to be as available and down-to-earth with my patients as I can be. My efforts can only be as good as the connection I have with the people I care for. Be well!

I was in disbelief when I got a letter in the mail she was Leaving DKH mental health clinic I'm not sure if it was here not being happy or the Hospital cuts but it sure was sad she was so good st what she does . I hope she finds what she wants in her field because DKH Mental health clinics can't...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I truly miss seeing Rhiannon. Every appointment meant progress. The practice she left has me all messed up already. I'm forced to find a new facility all over again.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

I'm so sorry Dave that you haven't been able to find a good fit for your needs. For what its worth, going in to your appointment with a clear idea description of your symptoms (written down if need be) can help ensure that your experience is heard. Specific symptoms to focus on might be: sleep, appetite, energy levels, motivation, mood quality and pattern, anxiety and what triggers it, any thought issues, like paranoia, psychosis, concentration, and memory. You are your best advocate!

I was so upset when I learned Rhiannon had left the place I get treated at. She would always listen first, make suggestions second, and looked for the right answer for me rather than trying the "best new thing on the market", or sticking with what is known to work for others. She is an out of the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write down your thoughts. It is really helpful for me to hear what I am doing right (and not so right), so that I can continue to improve my own practices. I'm grateful to have had the chance to work with you and wish you all the best on your journey

She improved my quality of life after just one visit. She is extremely intelligent and approachable. She made more of an impact in her first visit with me than my previous doctor did after seeing him for over 6 years.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0

I always aim to have my client/provider relationship be a collaborative one, so what gains we made in your recovery, know that you also played a huge role in it. Be well.

Nearby providers with similar experience

Adult Psychiatry