Regina Midgett, LPC

Regina Midgett, LPC

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Regina Midgett, LPC is a counselor in Wilmington, NC. She specializes in counseling, psychology, and more.Read her story

2002 Eastwood Rd Ste 305

Wilmington, NC 28403

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • Magellan Health Services
  • MedCost

Learn about Regina Midgett

Regina Midgett's bio

This content was provided by Regina Midgett " Hi, my name is Regina Midgett, LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) and I am now full-time at Family Works Psychological Center in Wilmington, NC. I work Tuesday- Saturdays typically during the hours of 8:00-6:00 but my hours are flexible because I am happy to work with clients to schedule appointments as conveniently for you as possible. I have been with Family Works Psychological Center for seven years- working at both the Wilmington and Clinton offices. I received my Master's Degree in Psychology from Tennessee State University in 1996. My previous work experience in mental health includes working at a residential treatment facility for children and adolescents for three years. I worked eight years prior to that with a community mental health agency- I worked in school settings administering Functional Behavioral Assessments and working with teachers to provide Behavior Plans for students, providing individual and group therapy at the schools with children and adolescents and working with families in the home. Prior to that I had experience in a partial-hospitalization program for adults and her my first employment was at a Child Advocacy Center. I have also taught part-time at Community Colleges for ten years including at Cape Fear Community College for three years. I taught General Psychology and Developmental Psychology classes. I specialize in working with children and adolescents with all different diagnoses including Autism, RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), behavioral issues such as Conduct Disorder, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), Eating Disorders and emotional issues such as grief, trauma/abuse issues, anxiety, gender identity issues and others. However, I also provide counseling for Adults with mental health diagnoses such as anxiety, depression, personality disorders, PTSD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder), Bipolar Disorder, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Anger Management and Autism among others. I provide therapy for couples for marital conflict, pre-marital counseling or other issues. My counseling goal is to assist clients in making real and positive changes their lives and help them learn coping strategies and skills to manage symptoms related to mental health issues. I use a variety of counseling skills and techniques such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Play Therapy, Psychotherapy, Stress Management skills and other therapy techniques catered to each client's individual symptoms and needs. Forms of payment I accept include self-pay and the following insurances: Medicaid, BCBS, United Healthcare (UHC/UBH), Aetna, Medcost, Magellan, Arcadia, MHN, Tricare and Humana Military."

This content was provided by Regina Midgett "I feel that I was called to this profession to help others and that is my simple philosophy- to help others as much as I am capable. I attempt to teach others skills that that help each individual to cope more effectively in whatever area of mental heath in which my clients have symptoms and needs. My counseling goal is to assist clients in making real and positive changes in their lives and help them learn coping strategies and skills to manage symptoms related to mental health issues.

I use a variety of counseling skills and techniques such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Play Therapy, Psychotherapy, Stress Management skills and other skills catered to each client's individual symptoms and needs. Everyone has a completely different personality just like everyone has a different fingerprint. Therefore to me every person has different issues, problems, emotions and ways of coping."

• Counseling
  • Psychology
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Regina Midgett does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Family Counseling
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • PTSD Treatment
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University of North Alabama
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992

Regina Midgett has no awards or honors listed.

Regina Midgett has no media or publications listed.

Regina Midgett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Regina Midgett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Regina Midgett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Regina Midgett

Regina Midgett?
Regina Midgett's Performance
What People Say About Regina Midgett, LPC
I have already recommended several people to her because she has helped me tremendously!
×Post a ResponseAre you Regina Midgett, LPC?
it's ongoing and she is very understanding
×Post a ResponseAre you Regina Midgett, LPC?
Regina is excellent. She has been a lifesaver for me over the years. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Regina Midgett, LPC?
I have counseled with Regina for several years and highly recommend her services for anyone in search of understanding, patience and a counselor who treats clients with utmost respect, dignity and compassionate as well as ethical medical care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Regina Midgett, LPC?

How was your experience with Regina Midgett?