Dr. Ralph Whetstine, PSY.D

Dr. Ralph Whetstine, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Ralph Whetstine, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Schaumburg, IL and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Illinois School Of Professional Psychology, Chicago in 2005 and specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.Read his story

830 E Higgins Rd Ste 104H

Schaumburg, IL 60173

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Whetstine

Dr. Whetstine's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Whetstine "I start with considering a simple model based on the client's needs at the time I meet them. Where do you as a client wish to go and what is preventing you from getting there are chief among my initial concerns when first meeting a new client. The challenges a client faces can often span a wide range of issues. To meet that challenge, I take an integrative and holistic approach. That is, I seek to bring together traditional treatment methods in which I've been trained such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, and join them with non-traditional methods such as Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy, meditation practices, Positive Psychology, which emphasizes an individual's strengths over their weaknesses, and transpersonal forms of intervention that emphasize the subtle energy of one's experience as well as a spiritually-based counseling. The inclusion of non-traditional treatments enables me to effectively address as wide a range as possible of challenges while not remaining trapped in the consideration of problem issues alone. As I see it, human beings are too complicated to be confined solely to the consideration of problem states. We strive to grow and develop throughout our lives and my approach seeks to honor that impulse while also recognizing the frustration that can occur when encountering barriers. I am an Illinois licensed Clinical Psychologist. I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan and my graduate degrees were completed at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology in Chicago, while my training largely took place at the University of Chicago Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation. I was drawn to this field through an interest in what is possible for human beings to achieve. My interest in the field of human potential started when I was still in high school. In my view it is this interest in human potential and my sincere passion for continued learning for myself that aid in setting me apart from my peers. I take that interest and passion for learning and bring it to my work with my clients. Focusing on what can help you achieve the goals that make a difference for you as we work together to achieve your vision for your future. "

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology
  • Psychology Education
  • Rehabilitation Psychology

Dr. Whetstine does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Psychologists Do Not Complete Fellowships
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Advanced Certification In Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Whetstine has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Whetstine has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Whetstine does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whetstine and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Whetstine's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whetstine to family and friends
11 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Whetstine's Performance

Hands down the worst psychotherapist ever. I had a panic attack in office and I asked him to give me a moment to go outside. He rolled his eyes and just looked at me. I couldn’t bring myself to go back in because of his attitude, so I left and he never did a follow up call or anything! He had no...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Whetstine?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Counseling