Dr. Racelle Swanson, DPT

Dr. Racelle Swanson, DPT

Physical Therapy  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Racelle Swanson, DPT is a physical therapist in New Haven, CT. She specializes in physical therapy.Read her story

175 Sherman Ave Fl 1

New Haven, CT 06511

Learn about Dr. Swanson

Dr. Swanson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Swanson "Physical therapy has been a goal of mine since I was 10 years old when my Dad received extensive PT after a horrible welding accident at work left him with multiple hand surgeries and a long recovery. PT allowed me to be a part of his healing process. I could help in tangible ways at home when the PTs would tell me how I could help him exercise and massage his scars. I found I could actually help when as a child I felt so helpless otherwise. Every day I could see his progress from PT. He recovered full use of his hand again and was back to the Dad I knew! Through school I knew I wanted to become a physical therapist myself and went on to receive a doctorate in physical therapy from Sacred Heart University. I strive to give my patients a similar experience to the one both my Dad and I had. Where they feel heard, respected, cared for and are included in all aspects of their care including exercise prescription, treatment in the clinic, education and home program, and goal setting. They are explained about their condition, treatment options, questions are answered and where their families are included as well. Working at Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven allows me to do the most good to help the most people who need it the most! YNHH accepts all insurances including worker's compensation, state insurances and the uninsured and is located in a busy, vibrant inner city. I work in the outpatient department where we treat all conditions but by volume treat the most orthopedics both acute and chronic. We treat adolescent to elderly. (YNHH has a separate excellent pediatric PT location I would recommend you to.) I love what I do and am passionate about helping people and their families restore areas of their lives they thought they lost to accidents, illnesses, injuries and other conditions."

• Physical Therapy

Dr. Swanson does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Education data for Dr. Swanson is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Swanson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Swanson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Swanson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swanson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Swanson's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Swanson?

How was your experience with Dr. Swanson?