R Partlow, MA

R Partlow, MA

Counseling  ·
Male
R Partlow, MA is a counselor in Seattle, WA. He specializes in counseling.Read his story

901 Boren Ave Ste 1300

Seattle, WA 98104

• Group Health Cooperative (GHC)

Learn about R Partlow

R Partlow's bio

This content was provided by R Partlow "My name is Mac Partlow, M.A., and I am masters prepared psychotherapist here in Seattle Washington with two graduate degrees in counseling psychology. As an individual, I draw upon both my professional training as well as my own life experiences of challenges and growth. Like any other person, I faced periods of anxiety, depression, and sometimes feeling stuck in either my personal and professional life. I'm fond of telling clients that I remind myself on a daily basis that I am not the Buddha and because of this have done many years of my own personal therapy and still have a therapist to whom I can hold myself accountable. From all of my past and current experience as a client in relationship and addiction counseling myself, I have some very strong beliefs of what I want my clients to experience in a therapy session. First, confidentiality as defined in Washington State Law is absolute. Since the therapeutic experience is an intimately experimental environment, you cannot be expected to practice taking risks with new behaviors if it does not feel safe. I believe very strongly in the counseling dictum that "the client always leads". That means what is most important to you in the moment is the first thing we work on. It is also my job to help remember and integrate the larger themes of your life into the "here and now". Your job is to supply the content; my job is to help you make the meaning. Secondly, this is an environment where you are encouraged to practice and refine those new behaviors and perspectives. The therapeutic environment allows you to do this before actually taking them back into your relationship as well as your work and personal life. Thirdly, it is my job to, the tools of education, reframing, coaching and feedback. I am not a passive counselor because, as a client myself, I usually benefit most from a psychotherapist who actively engages me with these tools. I know I like walking out of a therapy session feeling like something has been accomplished and I have heard the same sentiment repeated by my own clients."

This content was provided by R Partlow "My philosophy of counseling is based on a 'wellness model.' This means that I am committed to the belief that you, the client, have an innate drive towards health and growth, and the inner wisdom to make constructive changes in your life. Based on assisting you with the problem(s) you have identified, I also believe in actively working with the whole of your life. Sometimes that will mean that I will be a counselor and help you examine the 'basics' of your life, such as relationships, work life, and physical well being. On this level, I am often a coach and attempt to provide you with information and support when and how to accomplish standard life tasks."

• Counseling

R Partlow does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling
    Other Education | Completed 2011
  • Masters of Arts in Applied Behavioral Science
    Other Education | Completed 1993

R Partlow has no awards or honors listed.

R Partlow has no media or publications listed.

R Partlow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are R Partlow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

R Partlow's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

R Partlow?

How was your experience with R Partlow?