Dr. R Palmer, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMaleAge 58

Clinical Psychology

Dr. R Palmer, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Lake Oswego, OR. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. R Palmer, PHD

Awakening Solutions Counseling

155 B Ave Ste 220 Lake Oswego, OR 97034 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"My approach is to form a trusting relationship where we can awaken solutions to having a rewarding life and realizing your life's potential. I am happy to focus on one specific area that you want to change or to ta..."

- Dr. R Palmer, PHD

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Dr. Palmer treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Palmer's conditions and procedures:

• Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

Dr. Palmer accepts

Dr. Palmer accepts the following insurance:

Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

Dr. Palmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Palmer

1.0

Dr. Palmer

I went to see Dr Palmer for the specific approach he was trained in, yet I was significantly re-traumatized by working with him for early life trauma. After speaking with Senior faculty of this approach, I realized Dr Palmer bypassed the basic protocols for early life trauma, even tho he knew my core traumas were preverbal. When I initially expressed concern about working with him, Dr Palmer reassured me saying i could help him grow as a therapist and that he'd get plenty of consultation prior to termination. However, after saying he only got one consultation, he terminated me when my system split and fragmented as a result of his lack of skill working with early life trauma. He offered little support to help me integrate the fragmentation of my nervous system resulting from his having bypassed protocols, and took little responsibility for the harm he participated in causing. I was left feeling dehumanized and significantly re-traumatized, with all my unresolved traumas on the surface.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
May 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Palmer, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Palmer?

My approach is to form a trusting relationship where we can awaken solutions to having a rewarding life and realizing your life's potential. I am happy...Read more

• Clinical Psychology
  • Counseling
  • Forensic Psychology
  • Psychology

Is Dr. R Palmer, PHD accepting new patients?

Dr. R Palmer, PHD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Palmer's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. R Palmer, PHD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Palmer accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. R Palmer, PHD's top areas of care?

Dr. Palmer frequently treats Psychological Testing and Psychotherapy Services. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Palmer treats.

Where is Dr. R Palmer, PHD's office located?

Dr. Palmer's office is located at 155 B Ave Ste 220, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. R Palmer, PHD speak?

Dr. Palmer speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.

Does Dr. R Palmer, PHD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Palmer has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. R Palmer, PHD?

Awakening Solutions Counseling