Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)  |
Female
Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC
***I am a Board Certified Mental Health/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner*** Psychiatric Medication Management is an art. I am also now offering Genetic Testing.

368 Veterans Memorial Hwy # 10

Commack, NY 11725

• Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Phyllis Pinard

This content was provided by Phyllis Pinard "***I am Board Certified Mental Health/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner ***

Psychiatric Medication Management is an art; and for over 9 years I have treated children and adolescents at a Children's Psychiatric Center. I also have experience working with Adults for the past 10 years.   With the utilization of both brief psychotherapy and/or medication management; I have worked successfully with Adults, Adolescents and Children who have psychiatric issues of Depression, Anxiety, Sleep Difficulties, ADHD, Behavioral Disorders, OCD, Eating Disorders; Mood Disorders, Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia.

***Treating Anxiety Disorders is a passion of mind and I have successfully treated adults; and successfully worked with children who have anxiety with related school refusal.***

***I am now utilizing Genetic Testing. This is a process that can help identify the most potentially helpful psychotropic medication treatment options based upon ones individual Genetic makeup.

***My practice is small and personal. I make it a point to return calls promptly. My patients know they can contact me via text or phone if need be.

***Please feel free to call for a telephone consultation if you feel I may be of service to you or a loved one."

• Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Behavioral Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Eating Disorders
  • Psychiatry

Phyllis Pinard does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depression
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychoeducation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• SUNY Stony Brook Hosp
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • SUNY Stony Brook Hosp
    Other Education | Completed 2006

Phyllis Pinard has no awards or honors listed.

Phyllis Pinard has no media or publications listed.

Phyllis Pinard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Phyllis Pinard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Phyllis Pinard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Phyllis Pinard to family and friends
3.8
Phyllis Pinard Says:

Thank you for your input.  It is my goal to provide the most caring and effective psychiatric treatment possible for my patients.

Phyllis Pinard's Performance
in West Islip, NY |
My daughter has been seeing Phyllis for over 2 years now. She has helped so much. My daughter is very comfortable with her and trusts her. She is kind, caring and professional. Listens and explains everything. She will always invite me in and explain to me too. We are never rushed. She answers text messages and phone calls promptly. We tried 2 other psychiatrists before we found Phyllis both were a nightmare. So I know what is out there. We are so thankful we found Phyllis.
New York, NY |
I met with Phyllis in early October of last year. She is caring and quick to return texts and emails. The only reason I am no longer going to see Phyllis is due to location and timing of schedules. She is a true professional and a caring person. I highly recommend her as an NPP. She doesn't just dole out medication but listens to what your problems are and then works with you to get back on track. Every visit was like sitting with a friend. Always on time also!!
Massapequa, NY |
Phyllis is one of the best health professionals that i have ever encountered. She is very professional, knowledgeable,friendly, warm and caring. I look forward to our visits as she has always been helpful, supportive and has my best interests in her diagnoses and the medications she prescribes for me. i completely trust her and recommend her 100%. She has helped me immensely.
Smithtown, NY |
Terribly upsetting experience! She purposely antagonized, & argued in an abusive manner with my child, to the point of me calling off the appt. She encouraged my child to cry for no reason! She worked in mental institutions. I didn't know this prior. PLEASE, Keep your child AWAY from her! That's the BEST advice I can tell any parent considering going to Phyllis Pinard! I consider her a serious DANGER! Please keep your CHILD safe. She should NOT be allowed to practice any medicine! Traumatizing!
in Holtsville, NY |
One of the best experiences of dealing with a Dr. in my entire life. Phyllis was extremely professional and even squeezed me in the next day! I would highly recommend to anyone.
in Centereach, NY |
Phyllis doesn't accept my insurance but made a point when I went through a rough time to get me seen quickly while everyone else had two months despite an emergency situation(my doctor had closed without warning). She also didn't push medication until I was ready, helping me pick out one that I felt comfortable with since I had many bad experience. And when my enzymes spiked and had to go off, she was ok maintaining me on what worked without hurting my liver disease. Very kind, patient & warm.
Smithtown, NY |
She spent less than one hour with my son and came up with a diagnosis. Since he is 19 (adult), the meeting with my son was private (no parents) so I don't know if what he told her was truthful or if he left out any important details. Yet, she prescribed 2 medications based on this one hour meeting, never having met him before. She was not intetested in hearing concerns of the parents, dismissed them as not relevant. And she required $250 cash, since she was out of neywork. Cold and condescending
in Commack, NY |
Very loud tv in waiting room will cause anxiety. Tends to pit child against parent. Increases medicine for minor reason. Profile states she takes my insurance which she does not. Also stated she did therapy as well but refers you to someone else in her office. Spoke very bluntly to parents. Just seems happy to medicate. Didn't get feeling she was there to help patient get better
Terrible experience. Very consumed with collecting her fee, does not have a good handle on my child's issues and pushes unnecessary genetic and other testing that she doesn't even look at or need. Forced to see her ad limited choice of available practitioners and the exhorbitant cost of out of network providers. Her office has an annoying TV playing loudly all the time because there is no privacy and everything can be heard. Not conducive to a peaceful visit.
Have you seen Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
Are you Phyllis Pinard?