Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP

Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)Female

Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP is a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Commack, NY. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP

Phyllis Pinard MS, PMHNP-BC

368 Veterans Memorial Hwy Ste 10 Commack, NY 11725
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Phyllis Pinard treats your condition or procedure

Phyllis Pinard's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depression
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Genetic Testing
  • Individual Therapy
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Severe Anxiety
  • Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Stress Management

Phyllis Pinard accepts

Phyllis Pinard accepts the following insurance:

Oxford Health Plans

Phyllis Pinard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Phyllis Pinard

3.9

Phyllis Pinard

Absolutely the worst experience ever. It still haunts me after many years what could have happened. My child saw a psychiatrist for only a short time and is absolutely healthy and fine. I have to write this to spare any child/teen/adult of going to this completely incompetent woman. The negative reviews are accurate. A maddeningly Loud tv in waiting room. Wants cash up front. Antagonized and enticed teen to go into details even if they just had thoughts of suicide. Asked them how would they do it! Brought parent in for a few minutes and looks at teen and rolls her eyes as if to dismiss what the parent is saying. And NO...contrary to the review that says the parent is in denial..absolutely couldn’t be further from the truth ! Please do not have your child go to her.
Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
I would 100% recommend seeing Phyllis. I have seen so many psychiatrists/psychiatric nurse practitioners over a span of 20 years and I TRULY and GENUINELY mean that Phyllis is an excellent practitioner. She carefully listens to my concerns during the appointment and offers HONEST advice. Unfortunately some people dont want to face the facts (or sometimes aren’t ready to). Since being a patient, Phyllis has always been committed to trying to find the right medication which sometimes takes time. She has ALWAYS been supportive of me and my opinions of treatment. Phyllis is so incredibly caring and empathetic when I’m going through a rough patch- she is more than willing to speak with you if you’re having a crisis. I truly can’t RECOMMEND her enough. People forget her main goal is “medication management” (therapy as well) so yes it may take a few different medications until you find one that works. I hope this review is helpful to someone who is considering help.
Lea – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
We have patients of Phyllis for over 2 years. We went to her to see if she could help my daughter with her anxiety. She takes the time to speak to me and my daughter separately and really listens to my daughters needs. She returns calls the same day, and if it is urgent, she will do her best to squeeze us in. We have seen an improvement in my daughter, and are thankful for to have found her.
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
I disagree with the many 1 star reviews because it is clear they are just in denial their child needs help. Phyllis Pinard has helped my child through the most stressful and agonizing mental health issues she has gone through. She is patient, calm, and allows me and my daughter to better connect through her diagnosis. She has saved our family and I couldn’t be more grateful I went to her.
Mar 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
I have been seeing Phyliss Pinard for 4 years now and I think she is great she's very professional yet down to earth when I speak to her I always feel better and at peace I am glad I found her
MaryAnne Halpin in Massapequa , NY – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
All about the money not the patient... Very upsetting. Waste of time.
Farmingville – Dec 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
My daughter has been seeing Phyllis for over 2 years now. She has helped so much. My daughter is very comfortable with her and trusts her. She is kind, caring and professional. Listens and explains everything. She will always invite me in and explain to me too. We are never rushed. She answers text messages and phone calls promptly. We tried 2 other psychiatrists before we found Phyllis both were a nightmare. So I know what is out there. We are so thankful we found Phyllis.
Ann H. in West Islip, NY – Aug 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
I met with Phyllis in early October of last year. She is caring and quick to return texts and emails. The only reason I am no longer going to see Phyllis is due to location and timing of schedules. She is a true professional and a caring person. I highly recommend her as an NPP. She doesn't just dole out medication but listens to what your problems are and then works with you to get back on track. Every visit was like sitting with a friend. Always on time also!!
New York, NY – Jul 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
Phyllis is one of the best health professionals that i have ever encountered. She is very professional, knowledgeable,friendly, warm and caring. I look forward to our visits as she has always been helpful, supportive and has my best interests in her diagnoses and the medications she prescribes for me. i completely trust her and recommend her 100%. She has helped me immensely.
Massapequa, NY – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
Terribly upsetting experience! She purposely antagonized, & argued in an abusive manner with my child, to the point of me calling off the appt. She encouraged my child to cry for no reason! She worked in mental institutions. I didn't know this prior. PLEASE, Keep your child AWAY from her! That's the BEST advice I can tell any parent considering going to Phyllis Pinard! I consider her a serious DANGER! Please keep your CHILD safe. She should NOT be allowed to practice any medicine! Traumatizing!
Smithtown, NY – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
One of the best experiences of dealing with a Dr. in my entire life. Phyllis was extremely professional and even squeezed me in the next day! I would highly recommend to anyone.
ALip in Holtsville, NY – Jul 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
Phyllis doesn't accept my insurance but made a point when I went through a rough time to get me seen quickly while everyone else had two months despite an emergency situation(my doctor had closed without warning). She also didn't push medication until I was ready, helping me pick out one that I felt comfortable with since I had many bad experience. And when my enzymes spiked and had to go off, she was ok maintaining me on what worked without hurting my liver disease. Very kind, patient & warm.
Courtney in Centereach, NY – Jul 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
She spent less than one hour with my son and came up with a diagnosis. Since he is 19 (adult), the meeting with my son was private (no parents) so I don't know if what he told her was truthful or if he left out any important details. Yet, she prescribed 2 medications based on this one hour meeting, never having met him before. She was not intetested in hearing concerns of the parents, dismissed them as not relevant. And she required $250 cash, since she was out of neywork. Cold and condescending
Smithtown, NY – Jul 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?
Terrible experience. Very consumed with collecting her fee, does not have a good handle on my child's issues and pushes unnecessary genetic and other testing that she doesn't even look at or need. Forced to see her ad limited choice of available practitioners and the exhorbitant cost of out of network providers. Her office has an annoying TV playing loudly all the time because there is no privacy and everything can be heard. Not conducive to a peaceful visit.
Feb 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP?

How was your experience with Phyllis Pinard?