Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC

Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) ·  Female

Phyllis Pinard

Phyllis Pinard MS, PMHNP-BC

368 Veterans Memorial Hwy # 10 Commack, NY 11725

Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC is a psychiatric nurse practitioner in Commack, NY. She specializes in psychiatric nursing (nurse practitioner), child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Phyllis Pinard accepts

Phyllis Pinard accepts the following insurance:

Oxford Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Phyllis Pinard treats your condition or procedure

Phyllis Pinard's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Genetic Testing
  • Individual Therapy
  • Medication Management
  • Mental Status Examination
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Severe Anxiety
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress Management

***I am Board Certified Mental Health/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner ***
Psychiatric Medication Management is an art; and for over 9 years I have treated children and adolescents at a Children's Psychiatric Center. I also have experience w...

• Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Addiction Psychiatry

3.9

Phyllis Pinard?
Phyllis Pinard's Performance
What People Say About Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC
We have patients of Phyllis for over 2 years. We went to her to see if she could help my daughter with her anxiety. She takes the time to speak to me and my daughter separately and really listens to my daughters needs. She returns calls the same day, and if it is urgent, she will do her best to squeeze us in. We have seen an improvement in my daughter, and are thankful for to have found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
I disagree with the many 1 star reviews because it is clear they are just in denial their child needs help. Phyllis Pinard has helped my child through the most stressful and agonizing mental health issues she has gone through. She is patient, calm, and allows me and my daughter to better connect through her diagnosis. She has saved our family and I couldn’t be more grateful I went to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
Totally agree with the lowest ratings. Loud tv. Quick diagnosis. Overmedicates. Condescending and dismissive to parent. Pushes young adult to go into details how they would commit suicide even if was only suicidal ideology. Makes them and the parents think there really is something wrong with them. She should not be practicing. We also went to a psychiatrist and like another review, got weaned off her medication and the patient was made to feel good about himself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
I have been seeing Phyliss Pinard for 4 years now and I think she is great she's very professional yet down to earth when I speak to her I always feel better and at peace I am glad I found her
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
All about the money not the patient... Very upsetting. Waste of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
My daughter has been seeing Phyllis for over 2 years now. She has helped so much. My daughter is very comfortable with her and trusts her. She is kind, caring and professional. Listens and explains everything. She will always invite me in and explain to me too. We are never rushed. She answers text messages and phone calls promptly. We tried 2 other psychiatrists before we found Phyllis both were a nightmare. So I know what is out there. We are so thankful we found Phyllis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
I met with Phyllis in early October of last year. She is caring and quick to return texts and emails. The only reason I am no longer going to see Phyllis is due to location and timing of schedules. She is a true professional and a caring person. I highly recommend her as an NPP. She doesn't just dole out medication but listens to what your problems are and then works with you to get back on track. Every visit was like sitting with a friend. Always on time also!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
Phyllis is one of the best health professionals that i have ever encountered. She is very professional, knowledgeable,friendly, warm and caring. I look forward to our visits as she has always been helpful, supportive and has my best interests in her diagnoses and the medications she prescribes for me. i completely trust her and recommend her 100%. She has helped me immensely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
Terribly upsetting experience! She purposely antagonized, & argued in an abusive manner with my child, to the point of me calling off the appt. She encouraged my child to cry for no reason! She worked in mental institutions. I didn't know this prior. PLEASE, Keep your child AWAY from her! That's the BEST advice I can tell any parent considering going to Phyllis Pinard! I consider her a serious DANGER! Please keep your CHILD safe. She should NOT be allowed to practice any medicine! Traumatizing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
One of the best experiences of dealing with a Dr. in my entire life. Phyllis was extremely professional and even squeezed me in the next day! I would highly recommend to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
Phyllis doesn't accept my insurance but made a point when I went through a rough time to get me seen quickly while everyone else had two months despite an emergency situation(my doctor had closed without warning). She also didn't push medication until I was ready, helping me pick out one that I felt comfortable with since I had many bad experience. And when my enzymes spiked and had to go off, she was ok maintaining me on what worked without hurting my liver disease. Very kind, patient & warm.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
She spent less than one hour with my son and came up with a diagnosis. Since he is 19 (adult), the meeting with my son was private (no parents) so I don't know if what he told her was truthful or if he left out any important details. Yet, she prescribed 2 medications based on this one hour meeting, never having met him before. She was not intetested in hearing concerns of the parents, dismissed them as not relevant. And she required $250 cash, since she was out of neywork. Cold and condescending
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?
Terrible experience. Very consumed with collecting her fee, does not have a good handle on my child's issues and pushes unnecessary genetic and other testing that she doesn't even look at or need. Forced to see her ad limited choice of available practitioners and the exhorbitant cost of out of network providers. Her office has an annoying TV playing loudly all the time because there is no privacy and everything can be heard. Not conducive to a peaceful visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Phyllis Pinard, PMHNP-BC?

How was your experience with Phyllis Pinard?

Compare Providers