Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP

Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP is a psychiatry specialist in Irvine, CA. He graduated from California State University, Long Beach and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.Read his story

17782 Cowan Ste A

Irvine, CA 92614

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • Medicare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Tran's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tran's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Tran treats Psychiatric Diseases more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Tran treats this condition more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Tran's conditions and procedures:

• Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

"Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP, PMHNP-BC, takes a unique and progressive approach to mental health illnesses. Treatment is personalized, based on evidence research, and encompasses on a myriad of treatment modalities. He considers the influence of three facto...

• Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

Progeny Psychiatric Group

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran?
Dr. Tran's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP
Dr. Tran is the best doctor. He has a very good bedside manner that you will not be able to find at any other doctors nowadays. Dr. Tran always makes it very comfortable to discuss your issues with him. He's making me to believe that we will find something that will work for my condition. There are hopes with Dr. Tran.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I found Dr. Tran after my previous Dr. moved. It’s hard to build relationships with these issues and to have to start over with a new person is very difficult. Dr. Tran understood the transition issues from the first appointment and I felt very confident and not out of place at all. It’s been almost 2 years now and this office, staff and Dr Tran run like a very well oiled machine. Very efficient and personable and most importantly effective.My appreciation to all who work here especially Dr Tran
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
My doctor, Phuong Tran, is the best doctor I've ever had. He asks questions, listens to my complaints and got my meds straightened out. He assured me that I would feel really good and I was thinking, "I doubt it..." Thank God I found Dr. Tran because I really feel like a different person - a happy person!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
If one could leave six stars...Patient, compassionate, empathetic listener who strives to understand, diagnose and provide care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr Tran has gone above + beyond so many X I lost count. Even his honeymoon I had 911 + got back 2 me. Because w/ his incredible diagnosis + meds past couple yrs have brought me further then my entire life seeing psychiatrist. It's outside issues hes been kind enough 2 deal w. I cant thank him enough 4 putting up w me. I keep thinking someday everything will be normal. Well then he wouldn't need 2C me anymore. LOL. Look no further. U found best knowledge, kindest, compassionate Dr. Saved my life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I can very confidently say that my subjective quality of life has improved since meeting Dr. Tran. My handle on things around me and my own mind and behavior feels so much more solid and steady than it ever has before. I also appreciate how approachable he is, and how he recommends readings and resources.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I appreciate his being personable, very caring, great communicator, and even at those times where we had disagreements, it proved even further that he really cares. Most importantly Phuong proceeded to offer me something that I can buy over-the-counter! because of my inability to absorb the previously prescribed antidepressants ! It is working for me ! It took me out of depression ! I am forever grateful to Phuong ! With all my heart Ester Clewans
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Phuong Tran is a great provider. I've had a mental illness for a few years now and he is very personable to interact with, checking in with me in every session and even remembering insignificant details about my life and loved ones- which made me feel more trust with him. Sometimes we may run into limited time, as most appointments I have with him are not as long as I would like, but I think he actively works to compensate for that by being thorough and a great listener. I recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
In my experience, Phuong is one of the best practitioners I have had. He is very respectful, compassionate and thorough. He gets back to me promptly when I need to get in contact with him. Additionally he is very knowledgeable in his field. He really works with you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
He is the worst psychiatrist ever. I can't believe he tried to kill my loved one. Despite them having an addiction problem, this evil man still fed their addiction and didn't treat the mental illness. Doesn't read charts. And shouldn't be practicing medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Since I have been Dr. Tran, I have been feeling so much better about my condition. He is a great listener, care about his patients very much and keeps contact with the patients at any time which I have not seen lately. I highly rec0mmand Dr. Tran and appreciate him helping me so very much, he is a great Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Phoung Tran has been by far the most receptive and compassionate Phyciatrist I have seen. He always takes the time to listen thoroughly to his patients to provide the best treatment that suits their individual needs. I never have to wait long and he always makes accommodations to help and assist me even after hours and when he is not in the office!! He is very kind and understanding and I would recommend him to everyone I know looking for Phyciatric treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I highly recommend Phuong Tran. Extremely dedicated to providing the best cate. My husband has dementia and it's so reassuring to know that I can always count on Phuong Tran. He is one in a million!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr. Phuong Tran is a highly experienced Psychiatrist. He definitely takes the time to listen to his patients needs and provides great feedback. We have visited a plethora of psych's and therapists over the years and he was the first to tell us that my child was not metabolizing her medication! No wonder nothing worked for my child. Thank you Dr. Tran for taking the extra step in having a quick test run to determine the reason my child's meds were not working.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr. Tran has been the most intelligent, competent and sincerely compassionate Doctor I have seen in Southern California. I would recommend Dr. Tran to any and everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Phuong Tran is by far the best psychiatrist Healthcare Professional I have ever met! And I've seen many!!! He always takes the time to listen, understand and makes the right diagnosis and treatment options for his patients!! He always quickly responds to my calls, emails, etc. no matter what time or day it is. I trust him and know he truly cares for and about each patient and their individual needs!! I recommend him to everyone I know!!! He is the BEST!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr Phuong Tran is an excellent psychiatrist that I would highly recommend. He manages to always make time to reply to my calls, emails, questions and concerns, even in difficult or emergency situations. He tries to connect with his patients and makes sure that he can provide the best care, treatment, and support he can. He is a very helpful and trustworthy physician who actually and genuinely cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr. Tran is a truly amazing Psychiatrist. He cares about your overall health and spends time to speak, email you, call you and in emergencies I have even texted him. He does look young but let be no judge of his superior knowledge and ability. He works during lunch hours and makes time to see you even if his schedule is tight. He keeps a very careful eye on his patients, scheduling at the least a monthly appointment for a new medication. I have never been so impresses by a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I am very lucky to have found Dr Phuong Tran. Finally a Dr I dont mind going to see, infact I look forward to my Dr visits now. He is very personable, professional and easy to talk to. I feel like he genuinely cares about my well being. Dr Phuong Tran always takes the time to listen to me and answer all my questions. I never feel rushed. I highly recommend him to anyone! His staff has always been very pleasant to deal with. They have made the process of going to the Dr even easier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I'm so thankful and happy that I chose dr. Tran after going through 4 psychiatrists. I was miserable with those psychiatrists because they couldn't find the right meds for me and couldn't find the meds that would be compatible with pregnancy. I'm so happy that now that I met this doctor and he found the right meds for me when those doctors couldn't, I could now have a future with my future husband and will be able to have a baby while on meds. I'm forever amazed and grateful!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Tran?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Shield of California
Commercial Insurance Company
Health Net
Medicare
Principal Financial Group

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tran treats patients.

Huntington Beach Hospital