Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 36

Dr. Tran

18700 Main St Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP is a psychiatry specialist in Huntington Beach, CA. He graduated from California State University, Long Beach and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Tran's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran?
Dr. Tran's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP
He orders genomics testing to match you with the appropriate medicine with the lowest risk of side effects so you don't have to try and suffer through so many medicines that may make your worse instead of better.
OC Mom – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Great Doctor definitely understands his patients. When picking the right medication he’s very knowledgeable and has the answer for any questions or concerns you may have. Hands down a recommended Doctor.
Armando Mena in Irvine , CA – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Hands down the best psych doctor I have been to in the last 10 years. I've seen Dr. Tran for about 5 years and he has been a vital role to my overall health. He has worked with me through a 5150 admission, major break up, death of my father, several med changes and so much more. He is always responsive to your emails and will work around his schedule to get you in if it's needed. I cannot express how wonderful it is to have Dr. Tran in my corner rooting for me and helping me along the way. Not to mention his knowledge of medications is amazing and he is not afraid to think outside the box when it comes to figuring out the perfect combo of meds. I would recommend anyone who feels they have been let down by mental health providers, to see Dr. Tran for at least 6 months and I promise, you will start to see progress! Absolutely wonderful doctor all around! Thank you Dr. Tran!
Fullerton, CA – Jun 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr. Tran is the best doctor. He has a very good bedside manner that you will not be able to find at any other doctors nowadays. Dr. Tran always makes it very comfortable to discuss your issues with him. He's making me to believe that we will find something that will work for my condition. There are hopes with Dr. Tran.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I found Dr. Tran after my previous Dr. moved. It’s hard to build relationships with these issues and to have to start over with a new person is very difficult. Dr. Tran understood the transition issues from the first appointment and I felt very confident and not out of place at all. It’s been almost 2 years now and this office, staff and Dr Tran run like a very well oiled machine. Very efficient and personable and most importantly effective.My appreciation to all who work here especially Dr Tran
Christi Gustus in RSM, CA – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
My doctor, Phuong Tran, is the best doctor I've ever had. He asks questions, listens to my complaints and got my meds straightened out. He assured me that I would feel really good and I was thinking, "I doubt it..." Thank God I found Dr. Tran because I really feel like a different person - a happy person!
S.S – Aug 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
If one could leave six stars...Patient, compassionate, empathetic listener who strives to understand, diagnose and provide care.
Brian Smith in Costa Mesa – Mar 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr Tran has gone above + beyond so many X I lost count. Even his honeymoon I had 911 + got back 2 me. Because w/ his incredible diagnosis + meds past couple yrs have brought me further then my entire life seeing psychiatrist. It's outside issues hes been kind enough 2 deal w. I cant thank him enough 4 putting up w me. I keep thinking someday everything will be normal. Well then he wouldn't need 2C me anymore. LOL. Look no further. U found best knowledge, kindest, compassionate Dr. Saved my life
Faith in Orange County – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I can very confidently say that my subjective quality of life has improved since meeting Dr. Tran. My handle on things around me and my own mind and behavior feels so much more solid and steady than it ever has before. I also appreciate how approachable he is, and how he recommends readings and resources.
Irvine – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I appreciate his being personable, very caring, great communicator, and even at those times where we had disagreements, it proved even further that he really cares. Most importantly Phuong proceeded to offer me something that I can buy over-the-counter! because of my inability to absorb the previously prescribed antidepressants ! It is working for me ! It took me out of depression ! I am forever grateful to Phuong ! With all my heart Ester Clewans
Ester Clewans in Tustin, CA – Jul 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Phuong Tran is a great provider. I've had a mental illness for a few years now and he is very personable to interact with, checking in with me in every session and even remembering insignificant details about my life and loved ones- which made me feel more trust with him. Sometimes we may run into limited time, as most appointments I have with him are not as long as I would like, but I think he actively works to compensate for that by being thorough and a great listener. I recommend him!
Irvine, CA – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
In my experience, Phuong is one of the best practitioners I have had. He is very respectful, compassionate and thorough. He gets back to me promptly when I need to get in contact with him. Additionally he is very knowledgeable in his field. He really works with you.
Doris K. in Rancho Santa Margarita – Mar 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
He is the worst psychiatrist ever. I can't believe he tried to kill my loved one. Despite them having an addiction problem, this evil man still fed their addiction and didn't treat the mental illness. Doesn't read charts. And shouldn't be practicing medicine.
Jenny in Los Angeles, CA – Mar 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Since I have been Dr. Tran, I have been feeling so much better about my condition. He is a great listener, care about his patients very much and keeps contact with the patients at any time which I have not seen lately. I highly rec0mmand Dr. Tran and appreciate him helping me so very much, he is a great Doctor.
Mitra in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Phoung Tran has been by far the most receptive and compassionate Phyciatrist I have seen. He always takes the time to listen thoroughly to his patients to provide the best treatment that suits their individual needs. I never have to wait long and he always makes accommodations to help and assist me even after hours and when he is not in the office!! He is very kind and understanding and I would recommend him to everyone I know looking for Phyciatric treatment.
Irvine, ca – Dec 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
I highly recommend Phuong Tran. Extremely dedicated to providing the best cate. My husband has dementia and it's so reassuring to know that I can always count on Phuong Tran. He is one in a million!
Helga Magee in Laguna Niguel, CA – Nov 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr. Phuong Tran is a highly experienced Psychiatrist. He definitely takes the time to listen to his patients needs and provides great feedback. We have visited a plethora of psych's and therapists over the years and he was the first to tell us that my child was not metabolizing her medication! No wonder nothing worked for my child. Thank you Dr. Tran for taking the extra step in having a quick test run to determine the reason my child's meds were not working.
CC in Irvine, CA – Sep 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr. Tran has been the most intelligent, competent and sincerely compassionate Doctor I have seen in Southern California. I would recommend Dr. Tran to any and everyone.
Brittany in San Clemente, CA – Sep 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Phuong Tran is by far the best psychiatrist Healthcare Professional I have ever met! And I've seen many!!! He always takes the time to listen, understand and makes the right diagnosis and treatment options for his patients!! He always quickly responds to my calls, emails, etc. no matter what time or day it is. I trust him and know he truly cares for and about each patient and their individual needs!! I recommend him to everyone I know!!! He is the BEST!!!!!
J.L.J in Irvine, Ca – Sep 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?
Dr Phuong Tran is an excellent psychiatrist that I would highly recommend. He manages to always make time to reply to my calls, emails, questions and concerns, even in difficult or emergency situations. He tries to connect with his patients and makes sure that he can provide the best care, treatment, and support he can. He is a very helpful and trustworthy physician who actually and genuinely cares about his patients.
Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP?

How was your experience with Dr. Tran?

Dr. Phuong Tran, DNP, PMHNP-BC, takes a unique and progressive approach to mental health illnesses. Treatment is personalized, based on evidence research, and encompasses on a myriad of treatment modalities. He considers the influence of three factor...

• Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

California State University, Long Beach