Phuong Tran, NP

PsychiatryMaleAge 38

Psychiatry

Phuong Tran, NP is a Psychiatry Specialist in Irvine, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Huntington Beach Hospital and Los Alamitos Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Phuong Tran, NP

Progeny Psychiatric Clinic

17782 Cowan Ste A Irvine, CA 92614
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Phuong Tran's experience treating your condition or procedure

Phuong Tran's conditions and procedures:

• Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Phuong Tran accepts

Phuong Tran accepts the following insurance:

Basic HMO

Phuong Tran's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Phuong Tran

Phuong Tran

Not for severe cases
Dr. Tran is an extremely kind and helpful nurse practitioner who cares. He will even contact you after hours in a crisis. However I, being a person with severe mental illness, ran into a plethora of problems continuously. I literally developed both akathisia and lithium toxicity under his care, which was probably due to being polymed. If you are on just a couple of meds, he is your guy. If you frequently have problems with meds and have complex issues, that’s another story
Hmm – Jun 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Been seeing Dr Tran for a few years now and couldn’t be happier. Extremely caring and easy to correspond with him even on weekends. Really listens and tries to work out what would be best for you. Had issues with getting insurance to approve a significantly expensive medication and Dr. Tran was kind and caring enough that he gave me sample bottles of the medication until he could get the insurance to approve it. Really felt like he was in my corner and on my side and handled the appeal process for my insurance. Couldn’t have a better psychiatrist than him.
Steffany – May 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Dr. Tran is truly cool I've been with him for almost maybe over 3 years. He has never rushed an appointment and is prompt with his timing. Never had a bad experience. He is very easy going and super understanding.
Jan 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Dr. Tran is a very good doctor. I initially was hesitant to see him because he is not an MD but I have found him to better than other psychiatrists that I saw previously. He is able to explain very well why you are feeling in a certain way due to illness or the side effect of medicine. He was able to answer all my questions and get me the right mix of medicine to help with my condition. The psychiatrists that I was seeing previously were not able me as much as he could. God bless you Phuong Tran!
Grateful soul – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Great Service. Dr. Phuong is great and take care of me very well. He's care for his patient well being. He honest and experience with his work. Thank you for help me go through this tough time.
Sep 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
I have been seeing Dr. Tran for the last 5 years and he has been the best psychiatrist I've been to and I've been to many! He listens and cares about his patients. He is very responsive to emails and I feel like I can always easily communicate with him. I have been feeling much better since I've been seeing him. I highly recommend Dr. Tran.
Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
He orders genomics testing to match you with the appropriate medicine with the lowest risk of side effects so you don't have to try and suffer through so many medicines that may make your worse instead of better.
OC Mom – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Great Doctor definitely understands his patients. When picking the right medication he’s very knowledgeable and has the answer for any questions or concerns you may have. Hands down a recommended Doctor.
Armando Mena in Irvine , CA – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Hands down the best psych doctor I have been to in the last 10 years. I've seen Dr. Tran for about 5 years and he has been a vital role to my overall health. He has worked with me through a 5150 admission, major break up, death of my father, several med changes and so much more. He is always responsive to your emails and will work around his schedule to get you in if it's needed. I cannot express how wonderful it is to have Dr. Tran in my corner rooting for me and helping me along the way. Not to mention his knowledge of medications is amazing and he is not afraid to think outside the box when it comes to figuring out the perfect combo of meds. I would recommend anyone who feels they have been let down by mental health providers, to see Dr. Tran for at least 6 months and I promise, you will start to see progress! Absolutely wonderful doctor all around! Thank you Dr. Tran!
Fullerton, CA – Jun 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Dr. Tran is the best doctor. He has a very good bedside manner that you will not be able to find at any other doctors nowadays. Dr. Tran always makes it very comfortable to discuss your issues with him. He's making me to believe that we will find something that will work for my condition. There are hopes with Dr. Tran.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
I found Dr. Tran after my previous Dr. moved. It’s hard to build relationships with these issues and to have to start over with a new person is very difficult. Dr. Tran understood the transition issues from the first appointment and I felt very confident and not out of place at all. It’s been almost 2 years now and this office, staff and Dr Tran run like a very well oiled machine. Very efficient and personable and most importantly effective.My appreciation to all who work here especially Dr Tran
Christi Gustus in RSM, CA – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
My doctor, Phuong Tran, is the best doctor I've ever had. He asks questions, listens to my complaints and got my meds straightened out. He assured me that I would feel really good and I was thinking, "I doubt it..." Thank God I found Dr. Tran because I really feel like a different person - a happy person!
S.S – Aug 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
If one could leave six stars...Patient, compassionate, empathetic listener who strives to understand, diagnose and provide care.
Brian Smith in Costa Mesa – Mar 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Dr Tran has gone above + beyond so many X I lost count. Even his honeymoon I had 911 + got back 2 me. Because w/ his incredible diagnosis + meds past couple yrs have brought me further then my entire life seeing psychiatrist. It's outside issues hes been kind enough 2 deal w. I cant thank him enough 4 putting up w me. I keep thinking someday everything will be normal. Well then he wouldn't need 2C me anymore. LOL. Look no further. U found best knowledge, kindest, compassionate Dr. Saved my life
Faith in Orange County – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
I can very confidently say that my subjective quality of life has improved since meeting Dr. Tran. My handle on things around me and my own mind and behavior feels so much more solid and steady than it ever has before. I also appreciate how approachable he is, and how he recommends readings and resources.
Irvine – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
I appreciate his being personable, very caring, great communicator, and even at those times where we had disagreements, it proved even further that he really cares. Most importantly Phuong proceeded to offer me something that I can buy over-the-counter! because of my inability to absorb the previously prescribed antidepressants ! It is working for me ! It took me out of depression ! I am forever grateful to Phuong ! With all my heart Ester Clewans
Ester Clewans in Tustin, CA – Jul 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Phuong Tran is a great provider. I've had a mental illness for a few years now and he is very personable to interact with, checking in with me in every session and even remembering insignificant details about my life and loved ones- which made me feel more trust with him. Sometimes we may run into limited time, as most appointments I have with him are not as long as I would like, but I think he actively works to compensate for that by being thorough and a great listener. I recommend him!
Irvine, CA – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
In my experience, Phuong is one of the best practitioners I have had. He is very respectful, compassionate and thorough. He gets back to me promptly when I need to get in contact with him. Additionally he is very knowledgeable in his field. He really works with you.
Doris K. in Rancho Santa Margarita – Mar 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
He is the worst psychiatrist ever. I can't believe he tried to kill my loved one. Despite them having an addiction problem, this evil man still fed their addiction and didn't treat the mental illness. Doesn't read charts. And shouldn't be practicing medicine.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jenny in Los Angeles, CA – Mar 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?
Since I have been Dr. Tran, I have been feeling so much better about my condition. He is a great listener, care about his patients very much and keeps contact with the patients at any time which I have not seen lately. I highly rec0mmand Dr. Tran and appreciate him helping me so very much, he is a great Doctor.
Mitra in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Phuong Tran, NP?

How was your experience with Phuong Tran?