Dr. Philip Knowles, PHD

Dr. Philip Knowles, PHD

Psychology  ·
Dr. Philip Knowles, PHD is a psychologist in Bellevue, WA and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from University of Nevada At Reno in 1976 and specializes in psychology, pain medicine, and more.Read his story

1900 116th Ave NE Ste 201

Bellevue, WA 98004

Learn about Dr. Knowles

Dr. Knowles' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Knowles "I can not think of anything I could be doing that is more worthwhile and rewarding than helping people who experience pain and suffering. It requires collaboration, patience, and humility. I am grateful for what each patient teaches me as we work together to find solutions to the problems that compromise their function and quality of life."

This content was provided by Dr. Knowles "One word summarizes my philosophy of care: COLLABORATION. Treatment involves two experts collaborating to produce a good outcome. I bring expertise in techniques, tools, and skills that can be used. The patient is the expert who knows more about their unique qualities than does anyone else. Together we shape interventions so that they fit in that patient's context. There is no cookie cutter approach. Each patient is a unique person and their problem calls for a solution unique to them."

• Psychology
  • Addiction Psychology
  • Behavioral Medicine
  • Pain Medicine

Dr. Knowles does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Management
  • Behavior Modification
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Pain Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Oregon State University
  • Schick Shadel Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
  • St. Joseph's College of Maine
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Dr. Knowles has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Knowles has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Knowles does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Knowles and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Knowles' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Knowles to family and friends
39 total reviews

Dr. Knowles' Performance

Dr. Knowles Says:
"

I appreciate that patients take the time to provide feedback about their experiences with our clinic and the care that I provided. This feedback is an important way for me to gauge my engagement and helpfulness with patients. I am grateful that patients trust me to work with them. I do not want to do anything that would make them regret that trust. I am also open to speaking with someone who has a concern. All too often we only speak

...