Dr. Peter Williams, PHD

Dr. Peter Williams, PHD

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Peter Williams, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Newburyport, MA. He graduated from University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor and specializes in clinical psychology, adult psychology, and more.Read his story

45 Pleasant St

Newburyport, MA 01950

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Massachusetts Group Insurance Commission (GIC)
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Williams

Dr. Williams' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Williams "I have 33-years of Licensed Clinical practice dealing with Anxiety Disorders, ADHD, Depression, Individual and Couples Therapy. I offer top-flight patient care / customer service."

This content was provided by Dr. Williams "I work with patients who are ADHD, and conduct therapy with individuals who suffer from Impulse Control (Anger Management) problems, Anxiety Disorders, Depression and Couples Distress.

I assist patients seeking Marriage Therapy, Divorce Therapy and Post-Divorce Child Custody Management.

I work to assess the scope and remediation of individuals' difficulties.

I coordinate care with patients' Primary Care Physicians and other Health Care Providers.

I provide excellent patient care and am responsive to any requests for consultation."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Adult Psychology
  • Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology

Dr. Williams does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• State University Of New York At Buffalo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Metrowest Framingham Union Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Post Doctoral Fellowship, University Of Michigan (2-Year)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • State University Of New York At Buffalo
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Williams has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Williams has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Williams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Williams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Williams' Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Williams to family and friends

Dr. Williams' Performance

Seemed like he was doing psychology by numbers, didn’t really make any attempt to understand my issues.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

I do not know who wrote this, so here, I take a flyer. In reviewing my schedule around this posting date, I saw that I had a first meeting with a quite intense person, who given the chance, might have talked the entire meeting. I took charge to ask questions necessary to make diagnostic formulations. Developing a working relationship requires time, effort and patience. After all, Psychotherapy is a process and not an event. It is sad that I could not connect, but I did work to do so. Be well.

DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD HERE. Talked about himself the entire time and is extremely quick to throw your child on medication without even talking to them. It is heartbreaking to think this man is 'counseling' young people. He will tear down your child's self esteem IN FRONT OF YOU, to make a point...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option4

I thank you for your review and i am sorry that you feel as you do. I care deeply for the well being of my patients and because meeting time is limited, I must focus on completing first evaluations in 1-hour. Although I understand your complaint, I do not believe that your experience is indicative of my patient care standards. I would have preferred to discuss your displeasure than to respond via this HeathGrades review. I urge you to be in touch to discuss this matter. Dr. Peter Williams

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychology