Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD

Dr. Robbins
Telehealth services available

Turning Point Counseling

1370 Brea Blvd Ste 245 Fullerton, CA 92835

Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Fullerton, CA. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Robbins to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Marriage & Family Therapists in your area

See similar Marriage & Family Therapists in Fullerton

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Robbins accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Robbins treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Robbins' conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Stress Management

Dr. Robbins' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Robbins

Dr. Robbins?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (128)
  • Staff friendliness (127)
  • Listened & answered questions (126)
  • Long wait times (98)
I've been VERY impressed with Dr. Robbins and the way he was able to figure out what the real issues were in my relationships (in my case, with my teenage daughters) and offer really well-thought and impactful solutions. I had gone to another family therapist in the past who was frankly a waste of time. But Dr. Robbins is different in that he worked actively with me to figure out solutions. He's been in the business for quite a while, so he really knows his stuff and I'm sure he's seen every difficult relationship out there. In regards to my strained relationship with my teenage daughters, Dr. Robbins offered several wonderful techniques and suggestions to bring us back together (not an easy task with teenagers). If you're looking for a top-notch marriage and family counselor, who can tackle very serious family problems, and you've perhaps been frustrated with the sea of less-than impressive marriage & family therapists out there, then I recommend touching base with Dr. Robbins. He'
Robert I. – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
We are a younger couple and we started seeing Dr Robbins due to various issues we were having. I really like Dr Robbins approach as he is very straightforward and provides strong direction in working through our issues. He also has been very helpful in suggesting a multitude of techniques to handle any given problem or situation at hand. His counseling is very effective and he has been instrumental in helping our marriage get back on track.
Jul 11, 2020
Dr. Robbins' Reply – Flag
Thanks so much for your kind words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbins came highly recommended by a close friend. He 100% lived up to what she said plus more! My family needed a bit of help with communication and feelings. He jumped right in, went straight to the problem and really worked well with each one of us independently. I really liked that he did not dwell on the past, but spoke about future and how to deal with situations that may arise. He was honest, to the point and threw in his personal experiences that we could all relate to. As we got on track pretty quickly, it was nice to know that I (we) could always call for a 911 family situation that required a little attention. AND I love the video call - so nice to do it from your home. He's life changing!
May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
My husband and I were too proud to admit we needed counseling and got to a point of separation. We have had 9 sessions so far and are still working on our issues; however, our communication has improved tremendously after meeting with Dr. Robbins. Dr. Robbins is insightful, fair, objective, and straightforward. He allowed us to discover our real issues as a couple and as individuals. He taught us how to prioritize our relationships, how to show love, how to compromise, how to apologize, how to have productive discussions, and how to manage finances as a couple. It saddens me we had to go through so much heartaches and stress when it could have been easily avoided if we had known Dr. Robbins in the beginning of our marriage. It’s not easy or cheap but it’s a worthwhile investment. If you are looking to improve your relationship or your communication skills, Dr. Robbins is your guy!
Chloe – Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
First, we'd give Dr. Robbins 10 stars if we could! After 35 yrs of marriage, we found ourselves off-track. Why? Who knows. But we'd fallen into bad habits, ugly patterns and were NOT the couple we'd once been. Or the couple we hoped to be again. I'm happy we chose therapy and grateful Dr. Robbins is our guy! We chose Dr. Robbins based upon his (stellar!) online reviews. Although I knew it wasn't important to my husband, I loved that Dr. Robbins was a Christian counselor. It's a win-win during our sessions. We both have the utmost respect for Dr. Robbins and the way he's strengthening our marriage AND I know that his words are faith based, which means a lot to me. Therapy with Dr. Robbins has been a true blessing. He's kept us plugged in and on track when we've faltered. Therapy is the gift we're giving our marriage AND our family, and we've put our faith in Dr. Robbins for this journey. We've not regretted that decision once and we truly can't recommend him highly enough.
Dana T. – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
You know when you think about therapy in the movies and you want to cringe? And then you dream up in your head the type of therapist you’d want to have? Someone you can trust, someone who gives it to you straight, someone faith based, someone who allows you to feel safe and never judged. Someone you look forward to speaking with because their methods work and have really helped you? Dr. Robbins is THAT kind of therapist. I feel so grateful to have found him because over the last year he has helped with many areas of my life- setting goals, holding us accountable, providing new ways to do things, giving extremely profound insights. He doesn’t just blow smoke, he breaks things down for us and gives real life analogies that have helped us immensely in communication with each other and also with raising children in a gospel centered home.
Jillian Tuttle – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbins is hands down the best marriage/relationship counselor I have ever worked with.
Randy G – Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
As a wife, mother and fully time working mom.. I never take time to slow down and look at the big picture. The busy life I live has taken a toll on my marriage and my personal well being. Dr. Robbins has really helped me understand the way I am and how I can make all aspects of my life work and really function smoothly! He has helped my husband and I communicate more effectively and taught us the importance of compromise and putting our marriage first... always! If you're looking for a marriage counselor, family counselor or just someone to help you as an individual.. this is your guy. You won't regret it!
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Could not speak more highly of Dr. Robbins. His knowledge in his field made the difficult decision that is marriage counseling, so much easier. I am grateful to him and the help he has provided my wife and I in our marriage. We have learned what it means to be in a loving marriage and the importance of communication with one another. Meeting and getting to work with Dr. Robbins was the best decision my wife and I ever made. Thank you Peter!
Chris – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Best Counsellor I have ever had. Was non judgmental, understanding and wise. Would highly recommend as Dr Robbins was a turning point in recovery after the death of my son.
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbins was a huge help for me during a really difficult season. He's very kind and knowledgable. He provided me with the tools and support I needed to overcome some struggles. He even checked in on me when he hadn't heard from me in a few weeks. Having a doctor like him that you can rely on when needed is invaluable!
  • Long wait times
Oscar – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
As a clinician, I am so impressed with Turning Point Stewardship and Peter's financial management program. His clients clearly trust him and value his work. Peter is known for his integrity and expertise.
Steven D Unruh MDiv. – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbins is the best and most helpful marriage counselor I've been to. He has helped our marriage when it was falling apart. It was difficult for me to find a Christian counselor who is also very helpful and right for us, but Dr. Robbins was the perfect fit!
CL – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
My husband and I had been to another marriage and family therapist- obviously, to no avail. When things were really bad I looked into our insurance but nothing fit our needs. I then looked online and was impressed by and Dr. Robbins' reviews- they were ALL 5 out of 5. I was also taken by all the quotes/statements that he had on his website- one in particular, "I have worked with hundreds of serious chronic relationship problems that got solved!" I must add that part of me was a bit hesitant to call because of the Christian base that was stressed. I called anyway and asked if the counseling can be done without the religious aspect since I am not of this faith- they assured me it could. We took the risk and we are both glad we did! My husband and I had gotten off track- work, children and life. Dr. Robbins helped us in really just one session. He gives the whys along with the hows to get back in the correct path. He gave us information we would have never had gotten (nor thought of on
Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
One of the things that I asked God was that he send me someone that would meet us where my husband and I were, someone that would pay attention to us, hear both of us and to help us resolve our issues. He sent me Dr. Robbins. Dr Robbins is so calm and experienced with what he does and understanding, you can't help but be comfortable around him. That is the gift God had given to Dr. Robbins. He was able to break into some difficult situations in 1 session that we couldn't get thru for years. That in itself is amazing. I have already recommended someone to him. I think he is one the best person to go to for any problems you may have encountered, he will be there to help. Thanks again Dr. Robbins for everything, may God continue to bless you and your family as well as you whole entire staff.
Oct 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
I came to see Dr. Robbins for help with an addiction. He came highly recommended from a friend of mine. I had been through several different rehab type programs but always felt like they were only treating the symptoms. I wanted to  treat the source. I had a lot of anxiety on my first visit (another issue I was hoping my time with Dr. Robbins would help). Shortly after sitting down with him and discussing why I was there and what my expectations were my anxiety subsided. I felt very comfortable and felt like I was talking to the right person. I have been seeing Dr. Robbins for about 4 months now. In that time I have learned a lot. How my childhood has influenced who I am today. Why I react to things in certain ways. What I can do about it. How to change my thinking. How my expectations of other people affects my happiness. How to fix this. How and why I need to be a good steward of my addiction. I don't fully understand everything as of yet but I'm feeling a change in myself.
Lexi – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
I'd definetly recommend Dr. Robbins to any of my friends seeking counseling.
  • Long wait times
West Covina, CA – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
My wife and I have been working with Dr. Robbins for 3 months now. At first, I was very skeptical and on the fence about the value of counseling. However, After the initial visit, both of us felt very comfortable with Dr. Robbins so we decided to continue working with Dr. Robbins. Now, both of us actually look forward to our appointments with Dr. Robbins. Dr. Robbins has helped us connect and improve our communication above and beyond what we could ever expect in a span of 3 months. Not onl
CA, CA – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbins is a great therapist and supervisor. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He knows what works and will walk to through the process of helping you find success as a marriage and family counselor. I have learned so much from him. Both your clinical skills and business acumen will improve tremendously if you work under him-trust me!
Andrew C. Slaughter in Hacienda Heights – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Turning Point Counseling hired me on as an intern close to 5 years ago; now, I am a licensed marriage and family therapist and have enjoyed working at this agency. Dr. Robbins holds a high standard of professional ethics, is sincere, trustworthy, sensitive, a great role model who lives out what he believes, he identifies with people and creates a safe environment for people to open up their heart and be met with a listening ear. Dr. Robbins is an expert on relationships, offers wise guidance,
V.V. in Riverside, CA – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Robbins?

Dr. Robbins is now offering tele-sessions and is now available to new clients living in California.

Dr. Robbins is the Emergency Room Marital Therapist. What does that mean? Dr. Robbins specializes in bringing couples back ...

• Marriage & Family Therapy