Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD

Marriage & Family TherapyMaleAge 67

Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Fullerton, CA and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Cambridge Graduate School Of Professional Psychology medical school in 1992. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD

Turning Point Counseling

1370 Brea Blvd Ste 245 Fullerton, CA 92835 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Marriage & Family Therapists in your area

"Dr. Robbins is now offering tele-sessions and is now available to new clients living in California.

Dr. Robbins is the Emergency Room Marital Therapist. What does that mean? Dr. Robbins specializes ..."

- Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Robbins treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Robbins' conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders

Dr. Robbins accepts

Dr. Robbins' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Robbins

Dr. Robbins

Highly Recommend Dr. Robbins!
Dr. Robbins was instrumental in helping my husband and I work through some problems that had developed in our relationship. We were dealing mostly with a lack of effective communication, and also the toll that our busy schedules with work, kids, activities etc. had taken on our marriage. He really helped us see things from the other person's point of view, put things into perspective, and gave us great tools to help us communicate more effectively. As he said, your relationship with your spouse is the most important relationship in your life. It is definitely worth investing in! We are so glad that we did and are so grateful to Dr. Robbins for all of his advice and help.
Mar 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Anger-filled. Defeated. Disconnected. Troubled. Toxic. Broken. Those are just some of the adjectives to describe how my marriage was before my husband and I saw Dr. Robbins. My husband and I were nervous to share about our struggles, but we left our first appointment with so much hope. Dr. Robbins put us at ease and reminded us that our struggles were fixable if we put in the work. I love that he used personal examples whenever he could, infused God + faith into our conversations, and set attainable goals for each of us + our marriage. Dr. Robbins is kind, empathetic, warm, and easy to talk to. Thanks to Dr. Robbins, we learned how to work through our issues instead of thinking divorce was our answer. Overall, my husband and I are so blessed to have met Dr. Robbins and to have received his valuable guidance + expertise. It’s safe to say he completely saved our marriage. If you’re desperate to improve or save your marriage too, I highly recommend Dr. Robbins. You won’t regret it!
Kimberly D. – Sep 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robins is an experienced and knowledgeable Marriage and Family therapist. He has great insights and a pastoral heart. His advices and suggestions were both biblical and practical. Both of us learned a lot from him and benefited greatly from his wisdom and counsel. We highly recommend him to any couples who want to strengthen their marriages.
SK & PC – Jul 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
After almost 30 years of marriage, my wife and I had grown apart, were unable to communicate and our relationship became toxic, especially as our children were leaving home to pursue their own lives. Desperate to keep our marriage, we sought out marriage therapists and feel extremely blessed and fortunate that we found Dr. Robbins. He was able to diagnose our issues quickly, and gave us the tools that we desperately needed to get back on track. His advice is given in a non threatening and compassionate manner. His fees are very reasonable in comparison to other therapists with great reviews, and he offers virtual sessions which makes scheduling very convenient. If you want to improve, repair or save your marriage, I highly recommend Dr. Robbins. He literally saved our marriage.
Nick C. – Jul 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
After years of struggling to resolve long-standing conflicts within my family, I finally sought professional help and luckily found Dr. Robbins. Dr. Robbins' approach has helped my family take real, tangible steps towards becoming better to one another and communicating more effectively. Even despite some initial resistance as a result of initial friction or discomfort towards the very idea of opening up about things and talking through them, Dr. Robbins has been able to help us through the process with grace and levity. After just about 2 months of seeing Dr. Robbins, I can say that for the first time in a long time I am genuinely optimistic that my family is on a path towards being better. We still have a long road to walk, but I am more confident than ever in our ability to walk it with the help of Dr. Robbins.
Christopher Vannithone – Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
My husband and I have been married for seven years and they've been seven good years overall but recently we hit a few topics in our marriage that we wanted to work through with a counselor. Dr. Robbins was an excellent choice - he cut straight to our main concerns, focused us on working through those and gave us foundational principles on marriage for the future. He definitely has a results driven approach and in just three sessions we were able to completely work through the items we needed to and we're back on a great track. I wouldn't say I am glad we hit that rough spot but in a way I am because it allowed us to meet Dr. Robbins whose advice and mentorship is something I am so glad we were able to receive. His guidance really does help remind you of the value of marriage. My husband and I never had a "bad" marriage - in fact we are the types to peacefully discuss our differences and try to come up with solutions together but even in that atmosphere a couple can benefit from re
May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
When looking for a pre martial counselor we researched using google and Dr. Robbins came up with 5 stars, he had amazing reviews. We made an appointment and we quickly realized that he was everything everyone stated he was. He listened to the issues we needed to fix, gave us tools to get back on track & fundamentals of a marriage to have a successful marriage. He put everything into perspective and after 2 sessions my fiancé and I are back on the same page. Thank you so much Dr. Robbins for not only listening to us but getting us back on the right track. We are forever grateful!
Bre Leitao – May 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbin is an absolutely AMAZING Marriage Counselor. He is extremely easy to talk to and exceptionally relatable. He listens, identifies the issue(s) quickly and provides excellent feedback to both parties. He made both of us feel comfortable and heard. He has relatable stories from his own personal experiences and provided exercises ( small & easy) for us to work on together after our session. I would estimate that we saw Dr. Robbins 8-10 times at which point Dr. Robbins said we seemed great and no longer in need of his service. Honestly, I will miss talking to him but I am happy we "graduated". My husband and I are more aware of our communication to each other and are stronger than ever. Thank you Dr. Robbins!
Sdiehm – Mar 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
I highly recommend Dr Robbins, and appreciate his process and thoughtful technique. He is a great listener, but has a knack for quickly cutting through the junk and getting to the core issue, while providing great insight related advice and tools. I plan to refer him to friends and family for really any counseling need.
Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
My husband & I began our weekly video sessions with Dr. Robbins in July 2020. We were seeking a professional marriage counselor who could give us sound, moral guidance & assistance with improving our communication. Our tender love was being strained by our deteriorating communication skills. We were losing hope in how to reestablish a close and healthy relationship. We chose Dr. Robbins based on his exemplary reviews online. He has been a beacon of light for us these past 6 months. We appreciate his wisdom, his ability to swiftly recognize the roots of a problem, then assist us in formulating a reasonable plan of action. His loving, patient approach compliments his strength to candidly tell us the raw truth of a matter. He has a no-nonsense, drama-free character, who doesn’t waste a lot of time dwelling on the WHY. We enjoy his positive attitude, his kind and genuine efforts to help us improve our marriage in meaningful and lasting ways.
Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Robbins and would highly recommend him. He has helped me navigate issues originating from childhood trauma, as well as relationship issues, and on-going difficulties with family. He has helped me get to the root of these issues, reframe my understanding of them, provided new ways of handling them, and overall helped me get to a more positive state of mind and emotion. He is an excellent listener and communicator and truly skilled at what he does. He's easy to connect with and someone you can trust in your darkest moments.
Ross A – Jan 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
I've received a tremendous amount of help through Dr. Peter Robbins' counseling. As I told him, he is helping me "move from marshmallow living into freedom and truth" and strength. I am no longer feeling stuck and powerless. He is great with providing tools and role plays that are getting me unstuck in my relationships. The excellent videos he recommends augment the time in therapy. I am becoming empowered to live in a healthy way. I highly recommend him for counseling in relationship challenges. He is gentle while speaking the truth.
Nancy – Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
I've been VERY impressed with Dr. Robbins and the way he was able to figure out what the real issues were in my relationships (in my case, with my teenage daughters) and offer really well-thought and impactful solutions. I had gone to another family therapist in the past who was frankly a waste of time. But Dr. Robbins is different in that he worked actively with me to figure out solutions. He's been in the business for quite a while, so he really knows his stuff and I'm sure he's seen every difficult relationship out there. In regards to my strained relationship with my teenage daughters, Dr. Robbins offered several wonderful techniques and suggestions to bring us back together (not an easy task with teenagers). If you're looking for a top-notch marriage and family counselor, who can tackle very serious family problems, and you've perhaps been frustrated with the sea of less-than impressive marriage & family therapists out there, then I recommend touching base with Dr. Robbins. He'
Robert I. – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
We are a younger couple and we started seeing Dr Robbins due to various issues we were having. I really like Dr Robbins approach as he is very straightforward and provides strong direction in working through our issues. He also has been very helpful in suggesting a multitude of techniques to handle any given problem or situation at hand. His counseling is very effective and he has been instrumental in helping our marriage get back on track.
Jul 11, 2020
Dr. Robbins' Reply –
Thanks so much for your kind words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbins came highly recommended by a close friend. He 100% lived up to what she said plus more! My family needed a bit of help with communication and feelings. He jumped right in, went straight to the problem and really worked well with each one of us independently. I really liked that he did not dwell on the past, but spoke about future and how to deal with situations that may arise. He was honest, to the point and threw in his personal experiences that we could all relate to. As we got on track pretty quickly, it was nice to know that I (we) could always call for a 911 family situation that required a little attention. AND I love the video call - so nice to do it from your home. He's life changing!
May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
My husband and I were too proud to admit we needed counseling and got to a point of separation. We have had 9 sessions so far and are still working on our issues; however, our communication has improved tremendously after meeting with Dr. Robbins. Dr. Robbins is insightful, fair, objective, and straightforward. He allowed us to discover our real issues as a couple and as individuals. He taught us how to prioritize our relationships, how to show love, how to compromise, how to apologize, how to have productive discussions, and how to manage finances as a couple. It saddens me we had to go through so much heartaches and stress when it could have been easily avoided if we had known Dr. Robbins in the beginning of our marriage. It’s not easy or cheap but it’s a worthwhile investment. If you are looking to improve your relationship or your communication skills, Dr. Robbins is your guy!
Chloe – Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
First, we'd give Dr. Robbins 10 stars if we could! After 35 yrs of marriage, we found ourselves off-track. Why? Who knows. But we'd fallen into bad habits, ugly patterns and were NOT the couple we'd once been. Or the couple we hoped to be again. I'm happy we chose therapy and grateful Dr. Robbins is our guy! We chose Dr. Robbins based upon his (stellar!) online reviews. Although I knew it wasn't important to my husband, I loved that Dr. Robbins was a Christian counselor. It's a win-win during our sessions. We both have the utmost respect for Dr. Robbins and the way he's strengthening our marriage AND I know that his words are faith based, which means a lot to me. Therapy with Dr. Robbins has been a true blessing. He's kept us plugged in and on track when we've faltered. Therapy is the gift we're giving our marriage AND our family, and we've put our faith in Dr. Robbins for this journey. We've not regretted that decision once and we truly can't recommend him highly enough.
Dana T. – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
You know when you think about therapy in the movies and you want to cringe? And then you dream up in your head the type of therapist you’d want to have? Someone you can trust, someone who gives it to you straight, someone faith based, someone who allows you to feel safe and never judged. Someone you look forward to speaking with because their methods work and have really helped you? Dr. Robbins is THAT kind of therapist. I feel so grateful to have found him because over the last year he has helped with many areas of my life- setting goals, holding us accountable, providing new ways to do things, giving extremely profound insights. He doesn’t just blow smoke, he breaks things down for us and gives real life analogies that have helped us immensely in communication with each other and also with raising children in a gospel centered home.
Jillian Tuttle – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
Dr. Robbins is hands down the best marriage/relationship counselor I have ever worked with.
Randy G – Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?
As a wife, mother and fully time working mom.. I never take time to slow down and look at the big picture. The busy life I live has taken a toll on my marriage and my personal well being. Dr. Robbins has really helped me understand the way I am and how I can make all aspects of my life work and really function smoothly! He has helped my husband and I communicate more effectively and taught us the importance of compromise and putting our marriage first... always! If you're looking for a marriage counselor, family counselor or just someone to help you as an individual.. this is your guy. You won't regret it!
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Robbins, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Robbins?