Peter Blume

Podiatry ·  Male

Peter Blume

Affiliated Foot/Ankle Surgeons

508 Blake St New Haven, CT 06515

Peter Blume is a podiatry specialist in New Haven, CT. He specializes in podiatry.

Peter Blume accepts

Peter Blume accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Peter Blume's experience treating your condition or procedure

78.72340425531915%

Peter Blume?
Peter Blume's Performance
What People Say About Peter Blume
Dr. Blume did an excellent job removing a neuroma, was friendly, courteous, attentive. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr Blume and his staff were very professional. I had two foot surgeries and Dr Blume did both. I had excellent care and would recommended him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr. Peter Blume has an excellent beside manner and expertise in his surgical skills. I have had two procedures on both of my feet that as presented to me preoperatively were both successful and no complications. I have had pain ,difficulty walking and deformity to both my feet and toes for several due to hammertoes and my right foot had a torn plantar plate. I am extremely pleased with the post op results and am no longer ashamed to show my feet. Thank-you Dr Blume and I highly recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
I saw Dr. Blume today for a foot issue, broken big toe, Anyway, the staff at the office was awesome, little to no wait time. When I saw the doc, he was extremely proffessional and thourough, explained everything.. Highly reccommended, he's the real deal
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Very efficient throughput- no major delays even though the waiting room is normally full, Dr. Blume illustrates your situation via c-rays and/or drawings. He listens to your questions and answers them in an understandable way, explains next steps and what you I’ll physically feel & experience. The major benefit is you see him, not a nurse practitioner. I always leave his appointment with a feeling of confidence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr Blume is a very caring and compassionate doctor. He is genuinely excited about the outcome of my surgery and well being
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr. Peter Blume is great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr.Blume was the fifth podiatrist I had gone to concerning my metatarsalgia. He was the only one who recommended physical therapy; the only one who sought to get me fitted with orthotics; the only one who referred me to a neurologist to see if there was any possibility of nerve damage in the feet, which there was. The FIFTH podiatrist in the New Haven area to do all of this. He has tremendous command of his field and is to be highly commended for his commitment to his patients. Dr. Robyn Gangi
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr Blume is a highly regarded foot and ankle surgeon specializing in complex foot and ankle surgery and salvage largely, as in my case, necessitated by diabetes complications. I have had several interactions with him when I was referred by other doctors who were unsuccessful with resolving my problems. He is very busy and one may on occasion have to wait but the job gets done in the most professional manner with the best outcomes possible. I highly recommend him for cases in his area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr. Blume is very direct, straightforward and no nonsense. I really like that. He repaired my foot and ankle with excellent skills, the placement of the fixation is absolutely perfect. It took two very complicated surgeries. I don't believe there is another doctor on the East Coast who could have performed it. I now have a normal foot and ankle which is pain free. All of his staff are very nice and extremely helpful!!! If it were possible I'd give them 11 stars. Thank you very, very much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Excellent Dr. saved my right foot had a Ganglion Cyst that went down one side of my foot through my heel and up the other side. And tarsal tunnel syndrome and a ton of arthritis. It was getting to the point after about 2 years of PAIN that I couldn't walk anymore barley. And Dr. Blume and staff are a god send HIGHLY Recommend him and he is a awesome Dr. Yale New Haven Hospital York St was Awesome also, the nurses and Dr's there were great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr. Blume was able to repair the mess my foot was in, as a result of bunion/hammertoe surgery done by an orthopedic surgeon 6 months earlier. He was cautious and took time to let my bones heal completely before discussing another surgery. He explained exactly what had happened to my foot and how he would repair it. It is now 5 months later and my foot feels & looks great. He took time to answer any questions I had; even when I emailed with additional questions, his staff answered quickly
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
We are forever grateful to Dr. Blume for his exceptional care for our son. He and his staff were compassionate and respectful to all of us throughout. Wait time was reasonable. He made sure he explored every option and possible source of our son's infections, ultimately saving our son from amputation. He worked with us concerning our son's school schedule and did all he could to make this process as easy as possible for us. It is without reservation that we recommend Dr. Peter Blume
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Very disappointing experience at Dr. Blume's office. He appears to know his stuff, but the overall office experience was so awful that I will not return. Packed waiting room. Substandard intake medical assistant. 1 hour and 45 minute wait to see doctor. Rushed appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Had several opinions on my flat feet, I saw 3 doctors from Fairfield and Bridgeport area which all said the same thing on how to correct my left foot which I was in a ton of pain with for several years. I finally scheduled Dr. Blume which was the best decision. He had a totally different opinion on what needed to be done. I ended up having major foot surgery on Feb. 14th, and I am so pleased with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Dr. Blume not only saved my husbands foot, but saved his life! While "ignoring" his chronic diabetes for a few years, he got an infection on the bottom of his foot. The infection was down to the bone and had turned septic. Doc was very upfront as he told my husband who is only in his 40's that if he did not take care of himself and take care of his foot, he would lose it. It was just what my husband needed to hear and was scheduled for surgery a few days later. His recovery was amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
I would recommend MD Blume to anyone looking for a great surgeon with a wonderful office staff. I had a great experience with my surgery and all follow-up visits. The staff is very courteous and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
Not a good experience for me. You wait for long periods of time in the waiting room, then in the exam room and then he gives you a hurried 5 minutes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
I would recommend Dr. Blume again and again and again! I am forever grateful to him saving my mother's leg. His knowledge and experience is superb and he is a very kind, gentle man. My mother ignored a wound on her leg and one local doctor wanted to amputate. My mother was referred to Dr. Blume and that referral literally saved her life. If my mother lost her leg, it would have been the beginning of the end for her. Please don't waste your time with anyone but Dr. Blume.
×Post a ResponseAre you Peter Blume?
I was being treated by a Milford Hospital at their wound care center for about twelve months prior to a wound care physician referring me to Dr. Blume. He re-attached my left foot to my leg, removed the gangrene from my left leg, he caused a Dr. Mena from the Yale hospital to carry out several interventions by using stents and balloons, opened up arteries to both lower legs. Dr. Blume removed parts of both feet and now five years later I can walk with the use of a cane. Dr. Blume is great.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Peter Blume?