Dr. Peter Atkins, DC

Dr. Atkins
Telehealth services available

Atkins Chiropractic

2621 70th Ave W Tacoma, WA 98466

Dr. Peter Atkins, DC is a Chiropractor in Tacoma, WA and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Doctor of Chiropractic – Palmer College of Chiropractic – ,Bachelors of Science – Michigan State University – medical school in 1974. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Atkins to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Chiropractors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Atkins treats your condition or procedure

• Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Spinal Decompression
  • Whiplash

Dr. Atkins accepts

Dr. Atkins accepts the following insurance:

Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Plus
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Preferred Provider Network PPN

Dr. Atkins' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Atkins

4.2

Dr. Atkins?
  • Appointment scheduling (5)
  • Office environment (5)
  • Staff friendliness (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
When I went on Medicare my previous Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractor told me he no longer accepted that insurance. I was referred to Dr. Atkins. They told me he was very good. I agree with the other reviewers that he is a kind, considerate, supportive, and skilled practitioner. The Office Staff is friendly and efficient. He is not a "bone cracker". He gets results through gentle, targeted adjustments. I was treated after an auto accident and his adjustments greatly reduced my pain and prevented permanent damage. I was very comfortable with the professional atmosphere and would highly recommend him.
Feb 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Atkins, DC?
Instead of taking new ex-rays, he had me come in twice per week. When the surgeon saw my discs they said they’ve never seen a disc flatten to a point. No wonder I literally crawled out of Atkins office. I knew then I’d never come back. My injury had become so bad I had to use crutches to walk. I guess that wasn’t a big enough hint. Peter Atkins told me to walk it off. Shame on me for going to him. Shame on him for not following through with ex-rays that would have shown 3 blown discs and should have never touched me. Cash cow I was!
Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Atkins, DC?
I have gotten to know Dr. Atkins very well over the last 25 years, going to him after my car accidenth that I had many years ago. I continue using his services on a regular bases for a good body health alignment. Dr. Atkins continues his education and staying abreast with the latest technology to give his patients the best service possible. I have always been warmly greeted by Dr. Atkins and his staff and feel like family every time I visit. I highly recommend and have been totally satisfied
Stan H. in Lacey, WA – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Atkins, DC?

How was your experience with Dr. Atkins?

He earned his chiropractic doctorate from the prestigious Palmer College and continues his studies with advanced classes. Whether you suffer from chronic...Read more

Dr. Atkins, DC, BCAO brings more than 40 years of expertise as founder of Atkins Chiropractic and is board certified in Advanced Atlas Orthogonal procedure.

• Chiropractic

Atlas Orthoginality-Rw Sweat Foundation
1988
Nucca
1974

Does Dr. Peter Atkins, DC offer telehealth services?

Dr. Atkins has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Peter Atkins, DC accepting new patients?

Dr. Peter Atkins, DC generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Atkins' profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Peter Atkins, DC accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Atkins accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Peter Atkins, DC's top areas of care?

Dr. Atkins frequently treats Cold Laser Therapy, Fibromyalgia, and Headache. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Atkins treats.

Where is Dr. Peter Atkins, DC's office located?

Dr. Atkins' office is located at 2621 70th Ave W, Tacoma, WA 98466. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Peter Atkins, DC?

Atkins Chiropractic