Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD

Clinical Psychology ·  Female · Age 62

Dr. Sprecher

Family Connections Counseling Services

12801 Iron Bridge Rd Ste 400 Chester, VA 23831

Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Chester, VA. She graduated from Virginia Commonwealth U and specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.

Dr. Sprecher accepts

Dr. Sprecher accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Tier Hosp HealthKeepers DirectAccess VA
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Assurant Health
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health Care of Virginia
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Optima Health
Tricare
Universal American

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Sprecher treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Sprecher's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders

3.9

Dr. Sprecher?
Dr. Sprecher's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD
Absolutely fantastic. Dr. Sprecher was able to figure out what was going on with my child. My daughter was very comfortable with her and her staff and was able to open up. My only regret is that I waited so long to schedule this evaluation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
Dr Sprecher handled our daughter with the upmost professional care. I am taken back by some other reviews. One reason for a lengthy wait is because the evaluation process takes 2 to 4 hours. The second appointment is usually 90 minutes but Dr. Sprecher took the extra time she needed at the followup which I am sure put her a behind. As soon as we arrived we were given paperwork and rating scales to complete which was part of the evaluation process. My child felt very at ease sharing her problems with her and her staff. Dr. Sprecher handled the info shared with her in the most professional manner and did assure confidentially with my child. While i would like to have known what was said, I appreciate that my daughter was able to be open and honest and that the info stayed between them. I have the upmost faith with this provider. We received our report in a timely matter because there weren't any issues with billing which is often the case. I was very impressed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
I brought my child in to have testing and when we came back for the results we waited an hour before seeing Ms. Sprecher; when we did go back, I brought up the fact that I didn’t appreciate that we had to wait so long and no one even bothered to speak to us to apologize for the wait or notify us of when we would be seen. I understand that everyone runs behind but that happened both times we went. Timing is a real issue when you have other obligations. The biggest thing was when Sprecher told my child that I looked stressed and needed some fairy dust and that one time she (sprecher) had to wait for 4 hours for an appointment among other things that should not be discussed with a child at an appointment for them, not to mention told my child the trash she was talking “was between them”... very unprofessional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
Every time we have to use this office to complete a psychological we have to beg for the report to be given to us. They never answer their phone or provide the results back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
I have been a patient of Dr.Spreecher for several years and and my family and friends as well, she is so warm and caring just truly outstanding and I never had a Doctor makes you really understand situation emotionally and mentally , she helped me to with certain members of my family and friends and her staff as well has always been so great . So please if you really want a Doctor with such knowledge and heart and truly care about her patients please I recommend Dr.Penny Spreecher
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
I was finally able to get an answer to my questions and help by son. Understanding what is going on is so important prior to trying meds. I highly recommend getting a psychological evaluation. Dr. Sprecher is brilliant. My insurance company denied part of the testing but she completed the testing she needed to do without getting paid. She will not put her name on anything if she cannot stand behind it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
Would refer to a friend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
This psychologist really cares!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
Traveled 90 min one way to see this doctor. She helped me get my social security benefits with a detailed evaluation. Well worth the time invested.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?
I thought she was great and did a wonderful job for my child
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Penny Sprecher, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sprecher?