Dr. Penelope Vachon, DNP

Dr. Penelope Vachon, DNP

Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Penelope Vachon, DNP is a nurse practitioner in Charleston, SC. She graduated from University Of Alabama At Birmingham and specializes in nursing (nurse practitioner) and physical medicine & rehabilitation.Read her story

1483 Tobias Gadson Blvd Ste 201

Charleston, SC 29407

• CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Vachon

Dr. Vachon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Vachon "I became a Registered Nurse in 2004 to help patients and change lives. I knew that when I graduated with my Associates Degree in Nursing I would become a Nurse Practitioner and eventually earn a terminal degree in nursing. In 2010, I graduated with my Masters of Science in Nursing with a focus as an Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner. I completed my Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree in August of 2017. The focus of my doctoral research is using Pain Coping Skills Training in the treatment of osteoarthritis for older patients living in rural areas. I believe that earning my DNP has enabled me to be a better voice for my patients and give me the tools necessary to change my practice. I believe that the best clinicians are the ones that empower their patients to take an active role in their healthcare. In 2014, I earned a national 5-Star Patient Satisfaction Award. I treat my patients the way that I want to be treated as a patient – with kindness, compassion, and a caring touch. I love teaching and with the current shortage of nursing faculty, I believe one way I can make an impact on the healthcare crisis is to teach other nurse practitioners and students. By growing the field of expert clinicians trained to give care the way it should be, I can have a greater impact on patients and families."

This content was provided by Dr. Vachon "I believe in providing a holistic approach to treating patients. I also believe that educating patients empowers them to take charge of their healthcare. I treat my patients the way that I would want to be treated myself - with kindness, compassion, care, and empathy."

• Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Dr. Vachon does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Excelsior College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2009
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated
  • New Hampshire Technical Institute
    Other Education | Completed 2004
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Dr. Vachon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Vachon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vachon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vachon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vachon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vachon

Dr. Vachon?
Dr. Vachon's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Vachon?