Peggy Sharr, LISW

Peggy Sharr, LISW

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Peggy Sharr, LISW is a psychotherapist in Iowa City, IA. She specializes in psychotherapy and clinical social work.Read her story

200 Hawkins Dr

Iowa City, IA 52242

• Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Learn about Peggy Sharr

Peggy Sharr's bio

This content was provided by Peggy Sharr "Since 2006, I've been helping adults, adolescents, and children with myriad of challenges, including depression, anxiety, trauma and PTSD, behavioral challenges, stress reduction, mood stabilization/regulation, crisis intervention, grief and loss, relationship problems, and resolving feelings and experiences from the past. In addition to seeing clients in my private practice, I have also worked in the Department of Psychiatry outpatient clinic at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics since 2011. My inspiration to be a psychotherapist came from my own background growing up in poverty, and being raised by a single mother struggling with mental illness. I am a compassionate and empathetic, creative problems solver with a practical, but holistic approach that is tailored to each individual's needs. As part of my training, I learned that physical symptoms can be one of the keys to understanding ourselves. And attending to those physical sensations can be a chief component in releasing the stuck patterns that lye in depression, anxiety, trauma, hurts from the past, and other mental health issues. Physical sensations in the body have meaning and can be our guide to fulfilling our needs and helping solve our problems. When we notice and attend to our responses to situations, we are better informed to make decisions about our lives. Positive change happens when the mind and body are connected. To affect deep change, in addition to traditional Interpersonal talk therapy, I integrate a variety of approaches including, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), somatic psychotherapy, meditation, mindfulness, guided imagery, health and nutrition, and hypnosis, to name a few. For children and adolescents, my approach is with play therapies, using sand tray therapy, art therapy, Theraplay, and parent training interventions. In our work together, you'll come away with practical, applicable strategies and tools that you can use in every-day life."

• Psychotherapy
  • Clinical Social Work

Peggy Sharr does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• University of Iowa
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • University of Iowa School of Social Work
    Other Education | Completed 2009

Peggy Sharr has no awards or honors listed.

Peggy Sharr has no media or publications listed.

Peggy Sharr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Peggy Sharr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Peggy Sharr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Peggy Sharr to family and friends
3 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Peggy Sharr's Performance

She is a very nonjudgemental, laid back therapist that takes notes, listens well and helps brainstorm ways to deal with my issues. She does a fantastic job of following and remembering the details of my life, such as multiple peoples names and prior visits details. Peggy is wonderful at helping...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Peggy Sharr?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Mental Health