Paula Marcolin, LPC

Paula Marcolin, LPC

Counseling  |
Female
Paula Marcolin, LPC is a counseling provider who practices in Leesburg, VA. She has been practicing for 13 years. Read her story

7 Loudoun St SW # 310

Leesburg, VA 20175

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Paula Marcolin

Paula Marcolin's bio

This content was provided by Paula Marcolin "I have been individual private practice since 2008."

This content was provided by Paula Marcolin "In my practice, I work with a range of problems; however, my specialties are working with relationship issues, addictions, anger issues, depression, anxiety, spirituality, stress management, issues with low self-esteem, low self-worth, poor self-image, and life coaching.

It is my belief that first establishing the therapeutic relationship is paramount. Next, I construct an understanding of your problem by assessing factors which contribute to and maintain the problem, and then working together we develop strategies for change by helping you to modify thoughts, feelings and behaviors in order to solve presenting issues.

My theoretical orientation is integrative by incorporating Person-Centered, Psychodynamic, and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.

I also take a holistic view of my clients by considering the "whole person" including mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, social, and environmental factors which often have their root stemming from early family dynamics . I believe strongly in the mind/body/spirit connection and an interactive principle, assessing that many psychological problems have an over-arching umbrella of existential issues such as mortality; finding meaning & purpose in one's life; dealing with isolation & loneliness; and finding general life satisfaction & direction.

Based on these premises, I strive to help my clients achieve lasting change through a balanced approach including means such as  self-compassion, forgiveness, mindfulness, and positive cognition empowering them to know they have the ability right now to make different choices in their lives, that their past actions or mistakes (no matter how recent) do not have to pre-determine their future, which in turn can dramatically build hope and belief in one's self and in one's relationships.

"

• Psychology
  • Psychotherapy
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Paula Marcolin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Relationship Issues
  • Self-Esteem Problems
  • Spiritual Problems
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Ba In Psychology
  • Masters Of Science
    Other Education | Completed 2004
  • The Johns Hopkins University
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Paula Marcolin has no awards or honors listed.

Paula Marcolin has no media or publications listed.

Paula Marcolin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Paula Marcolin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Paula Marcolin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Paula Marcolin to family and friends
Paula Marcolin's Performance
Washington, DC |
Paula is a professional, empathetic, highly knowledgable therapist who, in another setting, would also be good friend. Her integrative, holistic approach to therapy allows clients to better understand life's challenges. Paula's counsel has been an integral piece of my healing journey.
Ashburn, VA |
I am so happy to have found Paula! She is an incredible person with an enormous fountain of knowledge. For the first time in my life I feel that a therapist WANTS me to get better, and gives me the tools and knowledge to do so. I couldn't imagine being on this journey without having her on my team!
Reston, VA |
Paula is very empathic and provided measurable steps to that put me on my road to recovery. I would recommend her to my friends and family.
Herndon, VA |
Paula has helped me a great deal. She is a very good listener and she provides outside materials to read and study to work through your challenges. I have benefited a great deal working with here.
Reston, VA |
I've been to many counselors through my lifetime. My experience with Paula was different. We connected because she listens, let's you feel comfortable being you, and understands the struggle to overcome something from a more comprehensive perspective. She understands the complete picture as to how to tackle things that could have affected us in life by thinking not only about the physical and mental components, but also the spiritual elements (in a positive way, nothing 'occultish'), unlike many
Reston, VA |
Paula Marcolin?s approach to counseling is extremely effective. She dedicated an appropriate amount of time to understanding the relevant background & psychological ?landscape? before diving into specific issues. She validates the patient?s perspective when appropriate and aptly guides the discussion to address problematic issues to help the healing process. I appreciate her upbeat but realistic counsel which has helped me to overcome issues brought on by a difficult divorce.
Fairfax, VA |
Ms. Marcolin has a great deal of experience. She is very personable. She often recommends outside sources of information to help patients learn and grow. I appreciate that she offers group counseling services as well. She has flexible scheduling which is helpful.
in Leesburg, VA |
Working with Paula has quite literally changed my life. She is amazing at what she does and I would recommend her to any one.
in Leesburg, VA |
I've been seeing Paula on and off for 8 years. She pulled me out of a suicidal depression and has worked through my various anxieties without medication! Paula is an honest therapist and doesn't just sit there and say how does that make you feel. Instead - she works with you to find the core issue and then works holistically (by giving you homework such as breathing techniques or mindfulness). Most of all - Paula is great because she realizes no one is perfect and to respect your own journey.
Have you seen Paula Marcolin, LPC?
Are you Paula Marcolin?