Paul Ryan, LAC

AcupunctureMaleAge 53

Acupuncture

Paul Ryan, LAC is an Acupuncturist in New York, NY and has over 18 years of experience in the healthcare field. He graduated from Beijing University Of Chinese Med in 2004. His office accepts new patients.

Paul Ryan, LAC

East-West Integrated Wellness-NYC

302 5th Ave New York, NY 10001

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Save up to 80% on prescriptions

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Arthritis of the Ankle
  • Arthritis of the Shoulder
  • Arthritis of the Spine
  • Cervical Spondylolisthesis
  • Cranial Release Technique (CRT)
  • Cupping Therapy
  • IBS Associated With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • IBS Associated With Psychological Disorders
  • Infertility
  • Insomnia
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Male Infertility
  • Neck Pain
  • Neuropathy
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Ovarian Insufficiency, Familial
  • Pain Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postoperative Pain
  • Stroke

Paul Ryan accepts

Paul Ryan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Paul Ryan

I recently visited Dr. Paul Ryan, an acupuncturist. As I was very skeptical, Dr. Ryan quickly put me at ease about his procedures. He has a very relaxed demeanor and not at all pushy. I agreed to try it out. Before this, I had already used heat packs, ointments and even pain management injections. After just three sessions, I was getting more relief in my back than ever before. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ryan for anyone considering this type of treatment.
Frank W. – Nov 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Prior to my first treatment I had been taking OTC and prescription medications daily to manage my allergy symptoms. This went on for nearly 20 years.. Although I had consulted with my medical doctor, several allergists and an herbalist, the only way to I was able to get any relief was with medication and that was not always successful. After my first treatment with Paul I stopped taking the meds and have not taken any since. Go see him now!
S. L. – Nov 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I saw Paul several years ago while visiting my son in New York City. I was in need of continuing my acupuncture while traveling there after a car accident. I have been receiving acupuncture for nearly 40 years, and Paul is the most impressive acupuncturist I have ever experienced. All of the treatments he learned in China provided great relief to me. On return trips to NYC I always scheduled appointments with him. After Covid, I hope to return to NYC and receive treatments again.
Roxanna K. – Nov 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I went to Dr Ryan for a tight jaw, tight shoulder muscles and tight hip flexors. Really amazing how well and quickly his treatment took to providing relief, flexibility and blood flow. He also gave me a lot of practical advice which helped alleviate and prevent some of the issues from occurring in the first place.
Chris Y. – Oct 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Dr. Paul is amazing totally recommend.
Anonymous – Oct 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Paul is professional, personable, and compassionate in his care...
E. G. – Oct 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I found Dr. Ryan to be an exceptionally knowledgeable and creative practitioner. Clearly very tuned into the individual, not working with a prescribed "protocol." I look forward to continue working with him in elevating my health.
Beth M. – Sep 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Dr. Paul has helped me find a happy place in life again. Not only did his depth of knowledge, breath of treatments and confidence in my healing to a full recovery give me hope, his experience and wisdom stemming from years and years of experience in many areas in Eastern medicine provided faith and acted as a new route (the right route) of healing for me. Getting to the root of the problem and resolving it (rather than covering it up with meds) was the only way for me. I would urge you, don't choose this doctor because of a review that says he's worked on "exactly what you have". Nobody is the same. BUT, choose this doctor because he's honest and genuine, he can do many many things, and if he cant help, he will tell you. Honestly, his work seems like miracles. You're worth it, this doctor is worth it. I struggled with an invisible, complex and painful post concussive syndrome. Head pain/migrane, neck pain, vestibular issues, vertigo, depression +other emotions, fatigue, fear.
Christie G. – Sep 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Dr. Ryan is simple the best acupuncturist I have ever been to. He's totally focused, deeply knowledgeable, and magically healing. I give him my highest recommendation as his sessions are literally life changing - pain that persisted is gone; maladies that vexed me dissolve; he knows what he is doing and dedicates his life to serving his patients.
Amy H. – Jul 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Ryan on and off since 2016 for various musculoskeletal, digestion issues and stress reduction. His integrated diagnosis has been accurate and treatments effective. His willingness to coordinate care with my other providers is refreshing in our disintegrated medical system. He’s knowledgeable, explains clearly the Chinese and western medicine nature of my problems and treatment his approach. He never rushes the appointment. I’ve recommended many friends and family members to him over the years and feel fortunate to be under his care.
Abe S. – Jul 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I've been seeing Dr. Ryan for pain due to spinal stenosis in my lower back, hip, and legs and range of motion/pain from a dislocated shoulder. Due to congenital problems I have had numerous leg and hip surgeries. Dec. 2021 an episode of back/hip/leg pain was intense and didn't improve w/conventional care. Feb. 2022, I dislocated my shoulder and after being put back I suffered w/limited movement and severe pain. Dr. Ryan's acupuncture restored the range of motion to my shoulder and eliminated the disabling pain in my back and hip. Now we’re working on the burning pain from the stenosis in my legs and making progress. Dr. Ryan's expertise offers an integrative treatment approach. He clearly explains what he will do and why it's needed. His vast knowledge of his field gives me confidence that my pain will be resolved in a natural and non-invasive manner. I highly recommend Dr. Ryan. He is knowledgeable, professional, and deeply cares for the well-being of his patients.
Marlene K. – Jun 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
He relieved all my back issues.
J. F. – Jun 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Gratitude! East-West Integrated Wellness and Dr. Paul Ryan have lead me to a more balanced life. Through acupuncture, the application of natural herbs and other Chinese modalities Paul has designed a path forward that has empowered new perspectives for me. Learning about meditation, applying and the power of taking time to invest in my well-being has been invaluable. Paul has taught me how to make positive choices in response to life challenges. So, each time I depart Paul’s office I feel a great sense of gratitude. Thank you, Paul!
E. K. – May 31, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Paul is not the average local acupuncturist. He is exceptional. Paul spent almost two decades living, studying and practicing in China. His breadth and depth of knowledge of Chinese medicine and the culture and context in which it evolved, is at a very high level, rarely found. He listens to the patient’s body physically, internally and emotionally to sense what is happening very carefully. His treatment integrates all these aspects and more, treating the whole of the patient. Paul’s kindness and open heart brings a gentleness to the care of his patients that binds all the aspects of his Chinese medicine expertise to yield the best results. Needless to say, I highly recommend Paul and consider myself fortunate to be in his care.
T. Z. – May 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
Dr Ryan combines his depth of knowledge with great care and compassion. I've always felt seen, heard, and understood. I was recommended to Dr. Ryan by a TMJ specialist. Not only has Dr. Ryan helped me to almost entirely clear significant pain and the tension that caused it, he's also helped me with other less acute issues. Dr. Ryan spends time with me at the beginning of each session checking in so that he can ascertain which treatment is right for me in that moment. I'm very grateful for his thoughtfulness and care.
Joie J. – May 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I initially saw Dr. Ryan to address my fertility. However, sessions with him soon began to really help and address my long-standing issues with anxiety and depression in a profound way. He was also instrumental in helping me to deal with Covid-19 symptoms after I got sick. Dr. Ryan is knowledgeable, kind and patient -- holistic treatment has undeniably helped me. I highly recommend him!!
Julia R. – May 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I first saw Dr. Paul Ryan in 2016 after undergoing conventional treatments for sciatic nerve pain. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found such a caring, generous, and knowledgeable practitioner to help me manage what at one point was an excruciating pain. Paul is professional and meticulous. Always treats me with respect and kindness. He always answers my questions fully and clearly. The intake interview is hands down the most thorough and complete that I have ever had. That interview was the beginning of a great experience that is still ongoing. Presently I receive care from Paul monthly and I find myself looking forward to this visits. He expertly finds the ailing spots on my 71-years-old body and makes them better! His approach is one where the connection of body and mind is ever present. He has magical hands for healing, a welcoming smile and a kind heart. Over the past several years his ability to heal has comforted me in stressful and emotionally challenging times.
Juan E. – May 09, 2022
Thank you very much for your kind words. I truly...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I had a mild COVID infection in 12/2020 and suffered post acute sequela of SARS-CoV-2 (PASC) Long-Hauler Syndrome for six months prior to seeing Dr. Ryan. I was suffering from ME/CFS (myalgic encephalomyelitis) a.k.a chronic fatigue syndrome, dizziness , shortness of breath and heart palpitations that worsened after physical and mental exertion (post-exertional malaise). This made work and exercise very difficult. After a month of acupuncture, manual therapy and Chinese herbal medicine treatments, the improvements were so significant that I felt close to being fully recovered. With another month of subsequent treatment I was back to normal ready to try for our first child. Dr. Ryan took time to listen to my concerns and to fully understand the different aspects of my lifestyle. He individualize my care in a way that provided a practical and effective way out of my condition. I would highly recommend Dr Ryan to anyone struggling with symptoms related to Long-Hauler Syndrome.
A. W. – May 08, 2022
Thank you very much for your kind words. I truly...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I always leave a session with Paul feeling more comfortable in my body and healed on a wholistic deep level. He combines many modalities of healing in a session like acupuncture, manual massage and cupping to resolve a combination of health issues. My mom and I have poly cystic kidney disease as well as back pain and Paul has helped us both with our symptoms.
Mk M. – May 07, 2022
Thank you very much for your positive review of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?
I have been seeing Paul for over 4 years. Since seeing him for migraines, I hardly get them anymore. He has also helped in reducing back pain and my anxiety. My whole family sees him, highly recommended.
Mar 30, 2022
Thank you very much for the positive review. I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Paul Ryan, LAC?

How was your experience with Paul Ryan?