Dr. Paul Jacob, DO

Dr. Paul Jacob, DO

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Paul Jacob is a board certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in replacement of the hip and knee joint as well as revision hip and knee replacement. A native of Akron, OH, he began his medical career as a physical therapist. After graduating from Walsh University with a masters degree in physical therapy, he went on to become a board certified orthopedic clinical specialist. He became the director of physical therapy for Kent State University in Kent, Ohio prior to returning to medical school. He attended medical school at Ohio University and completed an orthopedic surgery residency at Doctors Hospital and Grant Medical Center in Columbus Ohio. He went on to complete the prestigious fellowship in adult reconstruction at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic (one of the top three orthopedic hospitals in the world as ranked by US News and World Report). While at the Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Jacob was trained on the latest techniques in both surgical and non-surgical treatment of advanced joint disease. He serves as a reviewer for the journal of arthroplasty and has an extensive background in clinical research. Dr. Jacob is the author of several peer reviewed journal articles and book chapters. Dr. Jacob brings cutting edge techniques and technology to the Oklahoma City area. He has extensive training in minimally invasive, rapid recovery joint replacement as well as robotically assisted hip and knee replacement. Dr. Jacob is a pioneer in outpatient joint replacement allowing some patient to go home the same day as their procedure and recover in the comfort of their own home. Dr. Jacob's practice serves both adult and geriatric patients. He is married to his wife Leah (a native Oklahoman) and has two young children.

9800 Broadway Ext Ste 201

Oklahoma City, OK 73114

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Jacob

See how frequently Dr. Jacob performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Complications of Joint Prosthesis
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Jacob's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Jacob "Hip and knee replacements are two of the most successful surgeries in all of medicine. Dr. Jacob is highly subspecialized in the field of hip and knee replacement and focuses his practice solely on this area of orthopedic surgery. Whether you are a former high school, collegiate, or professional athlete looking to return to your sport, a weekend warrior continuing to compete, or someone trying to play with your kids or grandkids, I will get you back into the game of life!

"It is a tremendous privilege to see my patients return to their lives passions. I focus my practice on making the recovery process easier, faster, and less painful. We constantly strive to increase the performance, function, and longevity of the artificial joint. It is a true honor and a privilege to sever the Oklahoma community with the advanced techniques and training I have received.""

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Knee Fracture
  • Knee Joint - Varus Deformity
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • MAKOplasty®
  • Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF) of Hip Fracture
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Revision of Arthroplasty Surgery
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Walsh University North Canton, Ohio
  • Doctors Hospital Ohio Health
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Jacob has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacob does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacob and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jacob's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacob to family and friends
Dr. Jacob Says:

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience with our practice.  Telling your story allows other patients to relate to your experience and feel comfortable that they will have a good outcome.  It also allows us to focus on areas that we can improve upon.  We know your time is valuable and we greatly appreciate your comments.

Dr. Jacob's Performance
in Ardmore, OK |
One year ago today Dr. Jacob performed my right TKR. Surgery was a great success; he is a great surgeon. I came to him using a walker, in extreme pain and dependent on family. He worked me in within 30 days. 16-week? recovery and a year later I am walking normal, pain-free and independent. My quality of life is great. His bedside manner is like no other. His compassion, attentiveness and accessibility during my TKR to now have? been priceless to my family and I. So grateful to him and his staff!
in Edmond, OK |
Dr Jacob is a great conscientious doctor. Right from the beginning you know he is dedicated to his patients and everything being a success, I had hip replacement surgery but was referred by a person who had knee replacement surgery. His staff is the best. Very great people.
in Tulsa, OK |
This was my best doctor/patient relationship ever! Dr. Jacob is so great at explaining every little detail so nothing was a surprise to me. He really listened to my concerns from a surgery I had with another doc and addressed them all. He was quick to respond via email. He showed great kindness in the hospital before and after surgery. The surgery was great and recovery has been super. I would recommend him and his staff over and over.
in Livingston TX |
I have never (20 lifetime surgeries) had a better surgical experience. Dr. Jacob and his imminently qualified staff are the "Gold Standard" of care and expertice. Dr. Jacob diagnosed my problem where teams of other "experts" could not. He provided me with answers to my anxious questions and most importantly he LISTENED without talking over me. Dr. Jacob made me feel important and cared for in the highest degree. If you need surgery and want the very finest in care, Dr. Jacob is it!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Jacob replaced both my hips, one on 9/26/2016 and the other one 12/28/2016. After my first hip replacement, I was back riding my bike within 6 weeks and was riding strong up until I had my second hip replaced in December. Dr. Jacob did an outstanding job, virtually pain free and now I'm on my way to being better than ever. Will be racing in my first MTBIKE race, post new hips, April 30!
Dr. Jacob and his staff are excellent people. They are very knowledge about their work and explain everything thoroughly so that the patient understands. Very courteous and accommodating. After doing my knee replacement, I have felt better than I have in over 20 years. I did everything Dr. Jacob asked, and I have had a speedy recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Jacob for knee replacements!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
After my last experience with knee replacement, I was prepared to do my research and find a quality physician who could meet my needs and address my concerns. Dr. Jacob and his staff met all that and then some. From my first appointment to my last visit, I was treated as an individual patient and not another knee replacement on the books! He took the time and explained the difference of his process and procedures. My hospital visit was just as good and I recovered in a shorter length of time.
in Shawnee, OK |
I had my right knee replaced and then about four and half months later I had my left knee replaced. (TKR) I could not have been in better hands. From start to finish, including pain management and physical therapy, I had the best care that one could ask for under his guidance. Dr. Jacob's skills are unquestionably the best. Thanks to him and his team, my new knees feel like they are my own, I am no longer in constant pain, and I have my life back again. I would highly recommend him.
in Foster, OK |
I left a review earlier. But, I regret some of it. I do believe that Dr. Jacob actually had my husbands best interests at heart by referring him to a different more qualified doctor. I just wish he had let us know sooner than a few days before we thought we were going to have surgery so I wouldn't have set up other things in preparation for the surgery.
in Ardmore, OK |
I carefully researched all surgeons within 100 miles. I settled on Dr. Jacob and I'm glad I did! I liked the fact that he was always jovial, cordial, and easy-going. It was easy to see that he is a very confident man. He performed a Makoplasty partial knee replacement and my recovery has been outstanding. It speaks well of him that all of the hospital nurses think so highly of him. I will soon go back in for my other knee and I have supreme confidence in Dr. Jacob!
in Amarillo, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Jacob to anyone that is experiencing knee pain that would require a knee replacement surgery. He listens to you as you explain your concerns or problems and will take the time to explain his procedures as to what you can expect during all phases of your recovery. If needed to find out what prior problems you have had, he will go the extra mile in testing and/or researching your prior problems so that your knee recovery will be successful. Therapist care is also exceptional.
in Jones, OK |
I love this mans bed side manner I would highly recommend Dr. Jacob. I had total Hip replacement surgery 3 weeks ago it has been incredible, all of my pain is almost gone nothing like it was before surgery. I was walking with a walker the day of surgery I cannot say enough good about Dr. Jacob and how well he done with this surgery.
in Shawnee, OK |
Never did I think I would have both knees replaced 5 months apart. Both knees were so painful and I was bow legged. Now I can stand straight, with my legs together and pain free! Dr. Jacob and his team take their work very seriously and use their skills and experience to the fullest.
in Del City, OK |
Dr Jacob performed a total hip replacement on me in May 2016, it is now October, little soreness here and there but I am back in the gym (using common sense) and back on the golf course. Before the surgery i had nearly constant pain from my arthritis, it would wake me in the middle of the night and ache most of the day. Today I am pain free. Yes the surgery is a bit of an ordeal, as is every major surgery. Dr Jacob and the hospital staff made it worth it. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
in Bethany, OK |
I am so happy I decided to let dr. Jacabs do my knee replacement last oct. 2015 I did so well with that one that I decided to get my other knee replaced .my range of motion on my second knee was already in the acceptable range the first day. What I liked about dr. Jacobs was his upfront honesty he did not sugar coat any thing what he said was 100 percent accurate I would recommend dr. Jacabs to anyone that needed a knee replacement
in Pepperell, MA |
Knee replacement, scared of the pain and down time? I suffered 2 years, limping every step, then I made an appt. with Dr. Jacob and his team, who calmed my fears, did surgery, and my recovery has been nothing short of miraculous! It's been 5 weeks and I am pain free, walking and back to my life! I would go nowhere else except this 5 star team! Thanks for such a wonderful experience.
in Piedmont OK |
Honestly can't thank Dr Jacob enough! I was living in daily pain for 3+ years. My mom worked with a lady whose daughter had hip surgery with Dr Jacob & said how amazing he was..so I called set up an appt & 2 weeks later I was scheduled for surgery. THE BEST decision I've ever made! Dr Jacob, Dr Randy, & his staff were beyond helpful, friendly, & definitely made me feel like I mattered! So a year later & I'm pain free enjoying life! Hiking, camping, horseback riding, & motorcycling..THANK YOU!!!!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Jacob performed a miracle with my hip as well as making my legs the same length. However, I would have appreciated a bit more information prior to surgery concerning the type of surgery (posterior) and the physical restrictions imposed afterwards. I had had lateral hip surgery 12 years before and I was expecting a similar recovery regime. Reality couldn't have been more different. The more information the more intelligent decision.
in Atoka, OK |
I would highly recommend Dr. Jacob to anyone needing hip or knee replacement. He and his staff are highly experienced, professional and caring people. My experience with Dr. Jacob came as a result of a boggled knee surgery (different doctor). Dr. Jacob had to remove the hardware from that surgery and then do a complete knee replacement. The surgery was a complete success and I was walking on the knee within two weeks of the surgery. Needless to say, I give Dr. Jacob and his staff 5 stars *****
in Oklahoma City, OK |
My experience with Dr. Jacob and his associates exceeded my expectations. Could not have asked for a better organized, better implemented experience in hip replacement. They are all well versed in their roles and system of delivery and my recovery was extremely fast, in my opinion. I walked unaided after 10 days and off narcotics after 12 days, which seemed very soon to me.
in Edmond, OK |
When I first visited Dr. Jacob I could barely walk, and only with the assistance of a cane. I was in constant pain and too scared to have the knee replacement that I so desperately needed. Dr. Jacob was so kind and patient with me. He explained the entire procedure and we discussed the recovery time. Surgery went exactly as planned, recovery was harder than I expected, but now I have two new knees and I have my life back. I can shop, cook, take walks, and wear pretty shoes again.
in Yukon, OK |
I can't recommend Dr. Jacob highly enough. The level of care was outstanding.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Jacob is very upfront and honest about my degenerating joints. I just had my right hip replaced and will need the other hip and both knees done. My office experience with him and his PA has just been wonderful. However, my experience at NW Surgical Hospital was not as good. I went home 1-1/4 days after surgery, I was expected a 2-3 day recovery before going home. The hospital only used one medical supply company so we ended up paying entirely too much for my much needed walker.
in Tuttle, OK |
Great job by him and his staff ! Very clear and concise time line of what to expect and what is expected to recover in the shortest period of time. I'm the poster boy for how knee replacement should go !
in Tonkawa, OK |
I had a great experience with Dr. Jacob. I had some problems after my knee replacement with my heart and Dr. Jacob was in contact with my cardiologist every day until I was cleared. He was in Oklahoma City and I was in the hospital in Ponca City and Tulsa.
in Edmond, OK |
He invested his time with me to explain my options and treatments. Follow up was up to all expectations.
Edmond, OK |
Extreme gratefulness for Dr. Jacob, following my right total hip replacement three weeks ago. Pain level is extremely low, have been off pain meds since 11 days post-op, stopped the walker w/i 2 weeks, on a cane on-and-off for another few days, and on my own since day 18 post-op. I know my experience may not be typical, but every nurse, physical therapist I have spoken with during this experience have bragged on Dr. Jacob, as well they should have done. Professional and caring.
in Edmond, OK |
Front start to finish of full knee replacement, I felt I had chosen the right doctor. He was compassionate, spent time answering all of my questions, and gave me confidence the surgery would be nothing but successful - which it was!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Jacob explains well in layman's terms what to expect from surgery. He follows your progress closely. The results of my knee replacement have been excellent because of his expertise as a surgeon and his care afterwards.
in Edmond, OK |
Dr. Jacob is an efficient carpenter! I had a partial replacement, was walking with a slight limp by three weeks and doing great by six. My scar even looks better than expected. He takes heavy precautions - just do what he says and remember that the 2nd day will pass! I am back to yoga after six weeks and getting better every day, which I am sure is related to the excellent job done on my knee.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I had a tibial plateau fracture that still hurt after six months.The first surgeon wasn't sure what to do so he referred me to Dr Jacob. I liked him immediately. He sent me for an MRI and just as he expected the leg was non-union. He did surgery, inserting a plate and screws.Dr Jacob is the most caring doctor I have ever met in my life. He carefully explains everything including x-rays, answers all questions. He even danced in the hall when my x-rays improved. Lucky patient that gets this doctor
in Bethany, OK |
Dr. Jacob did right knee replacement and did a great job. Very pleased with my knee and with him. Very caring, easy to talk to. Recommend him all the way!
in Sulphur, OK |
First and foremost, you know he cares about the patient. He is very easy to talk to and confident in what he does. We felt at ease about the surgery and recovery.
Oklahoma City, OK |
Excellent surgeon. Caring and careful. Took time to explain the procedure. Post-op I was seen by his PA who neglects basic assessments. He never inspected my incision. On my last routine visit about 2 months post op I told him I was having lower extremity swelling with heat and redness. The PA didn't even look at it or do a basic assesment for what turned out to be classic hallmark signs for a DVT. Pimary Care correctly diagnosed and treated it. But Dr. Jacobs PA is seriously neglectful.
in Newalla, OK |
Dr. Jacob fixed both of my knees so I could walk again without pain or limping. His bedside manor is both personal and professional. He listened to my concerns, visited with me, and made the correct evaluation for my medical needs. He was very caring and concerned throughout my care, treatment, and final outcome for my particular medical situation. HE IS WONDERFUL, KIND, AND HAS A GREAT SMILE!!!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr D. Replaced my right hip four weeks ago today. I am 75, and walking without walker or cane, ready to drive to the golf course, and, best of all, pain-free for the first time in 15 years! Dr Jacob and his staff are top of the line.
in Choctaw, Oklahoma |
Dr. Jacobs is an Excellent Doctor! He Did a full knee replacement on my left knee back in October 2015,. I went to see Dr. Jacobs about the knee replacement several months before and he explained everything to me and made me feel comfortable and did an excellent job on my knee! Im now doing much better!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Jacob and his staff were very informative and delightful to work with.
in Edmond, OK |
Had total knee replacement, had first one 12yrs ago, and the recovery has been much easier this time. His use of the Exparel in surgery significantly reduced the post-op pain. So much that I was up with a walker and a nurse to the bathroom the same afternoon! I had no drains, no PCA for pain and went home on the third day. Had home health visits for several weeks which was easier than going out for PT. I have had good pain control on the meds I was sent home on also. Incision is healing well.
in Bethany, OK |
Nov 10, 2015 had right knee replaced - Dec 31, 2015 had left knee done. This guy is amazing - and so is Randy. it is now April 2016 and I will be playing senior softball tonight thanks to these guys - WOW I never thought I would be back on the field again and they made it happen, along with the excellent home PT and Tyler with HPI. I have 2 college buddies and he has done both of them and they are moving good - so happy for them. Again - THANK YOU Paul Jacob and Randy too.
in Edmond OK |
Dr. Jacob is the most approachable caring physician I have ever experienced in seventy years. When I have questions, he truly cares that I receive answers and explanations for each thing that is going on in my knee. None of my questions are treated with anything but patience and respect. This is a man obviously called to do what he does and gifted to do it in such a way as to be a blessing to his patients even as they are going through a very traumatic experience. I am so handful for him.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Jacob is the greatest Surgeon and I am so thankful I found him for total hip replacement surgery. He diagosnsed me immediately, and scheduled me for surgery right away. I went from frightened and horrified to relaxed and confident thanks to Dr. Jacob. He answered all my questions patiently, sent me to a fabulous pre-surgery class to learn about what to expect during and after surgery, and made me laugh along the way. My surgery was fast and went perfect, 3 months later I'm pain free, walking
in Stillwater, OK |
I had total knee replacement with Dr. Jacob in December, 2015. He and his PA were awesome in explaining everything, noting particular concerns and all follow-ups. He was with me everyday in the hospital and impressed my daughter also who stayed with me. It was and remains clear to me that he cares about me as a person and not me solely as source of income. I always appreciate finding that in a physician because many do not have those attributes. I always felt I was in superior hands.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Another Dr. recommended Dr. Jacob. After visiting him I understand why. He is very thorough, listened and explained everything what he was going to do. It was not only Dr. Jacob but his entire staff that is amazing. They are all friendly and make you feel like you are the only person you are there for them to take care of.
in Bethany, OK |
Had same procedure on left knee in 2010. This experience in 2016 significantly better due to the after surgery care I have received. My progress much better and faster.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I highly recommend this doctor for anything relating to knee issues with the utmost confidence. I suffered with chronic knee issues resulting in several anthroplastys with a recent one eleven months ago which rendered me almost cripple with my left knee. I was referred to Dr. Jacob and from the very start I knew that I was in the right place. He ruled out infections, something the last Dr. didn't do, then a revision surgery was done . I'm now six weeks post op and walking with barely a limp.
in Mustang, OK |
Dr. Jacob, his staff, and colleagues(pretty much every dr we have worked with @ OSSO)have all been amazing! My mom has never had such great care! He and his staff have always been very prompt in returning phone calls, making sure prescriptions are taken care of, communicating with other doctors involved in care, and answering questions. They truly put the patient first! I've been so pleased with the care my mom has received, that my husband is making the switch to Dr. Jacob for his ortho needs.
in OKC, OK |
Dr Jacobs is a Fantastic knee surgeon. His vision right after surgery is to have you out of Bed within a few hours and walking.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I recently had my second hip replacement. Dr. Paul Jacob performed my most recent surgery. Dr. Jacob, PA Randy, and all staff are attentive, caring, friendly and most of all very skilled in their care. They stay on top of what is going on in the orthopedic community and use the most effective procedures, prosthetics, etc. My down time has been less with this surgery than my first. I have a total knee replacement in my near future and I undoubtedly will be back to Dr. Jacob.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Jacob, DO?
Are you Dr. Jacob?

See our Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedic Specialist at INTEGRIS

Visit Dr. Jacob

Dr. Jacob accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    TriCare for Life