Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD

Telehealth services available

The NeuroMedical Center Clinic

10101 Park Rowe Ave Ste 200 Baton Rouge, LA 70810

(225) 768-2050

Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in Baton Rouge, LA. He is affiliated with The Spine Hospital of Louisiana at The NeuroMedical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dammers to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

" I specialize in treating patients with known or suspected brain related conditions, working in conjunction with other specialists in the neurosciences. "

- Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Louisiana

Check if Dr. Dammers treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Dammers' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Brain Injury
  • Cognitive Assessment
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Disorders
  • Concussion
  • Dementia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Impaired Cognition
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Memory Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Neuropsychiatric Illness
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Stroke
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Dammers accepts

(225) 768-2050

Dr. Dammers accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dammers

3.8

28.205128205128204%

Dr. Dammers?
  • Office environment (29)
  • Listened & answered questions (26)
  • Staff friendliness (26)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (12)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (12)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (11)
This was my first appointment with Dr. Dammers and I loved it. I felt an instant sense of comfort talking with him. He was very attentive & seemed genuinely interested in my issues & helping me resolve them. I think he's GREAT and I highly recommend him.
Judy Bazile – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
I could not ask for a better doctor. He is always there for me when I am in need and does not hesitate to help in any way that he can. He has made a difference in my life and words cannot describe how much I appreciate him. He is awsome!
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
I’ve never had a problem with Dr. Dammers. A couple of years ago, I left Dr. Dammer’s office because his nurse was absolutely terrible. She never answered the phone, returned calls or relayed messages to Dr. Dammers. I returned about six months ago and he now has a wonderful, kind nurse. The only issue I have is he wants you to come back in a month and his next opening is three to four months away.
Mike in Gonzales, LA – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr. Dammers is by far the best medical professional I have ever worked with. I've seen him for last five years. He's truly been instrumental in improving and stabilizing my mental health. Not only that, he is genuine and compassionate and always lends an ear. His nurse Mandy is great as well! I highly recommend working with him if you have the opportunity.
Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr. Dammers is one of my favorite doctors. He has been so helpful in the care of my husband, Robin who has dementia. I am so thankful to have his expert medical guidance. My husband is doing much better because of the medicines that Dr. Dammers prescribed.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr. Dammers is one of the best doctors I’ve ever been to see . He listens and he genuinely cares about his patients , not to mention, he’s a brilliant doctor. His nurse Mandy, returns your calls almost immediately. I highly recommend him. Kristi Hunt
Kristi Hunt in Denham Springd, LA – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
This man does not care about the Well Being of Patients. I missed one appointment due to work, and he dismissed me. What I did not know at the time, by being dismissed, I can no longer see any Neuropsychologist with the Neuromedical Center according to Administration. Shocking that they would allow Mr. Dammers to have this level of Influence in the Well Being of any Individual. So, if you make a decision to see the man, please do not miss an Appointment!
Jim in Baton Rouge, LA – Jan 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Cant say enough good things about Dr. Paul Dammers. His staff was very accommodating working with my schedule, Dr Paul was spot on with his diagnosis with me, the treatment he prescribed showed immediate results . His initial interview (and subsequent) were very detailed, in depth and thorough. I certainly appreciate we have doctors like Dr Paul in the Baton Rouge area, was actually a joy to meet him and get the help he provided . Thank You Dr. Dammers. Wish survey had provided 10 STAR choices
Mike J. in Gonzales, LA – Aug 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
All I will say is Dr. Dammers cares about his patients and will help you as best he can. One problem is he is booked all the time.
Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
My dad is suffering with Alzheimer's. My sister and I have been driving him to his Dr. appointments for about 3 years. Through dealing with this horrible disease, we have seen a few different doctors. Dr Dammers has done a great job of evaluating our unique situation and has advised us and prescribed medication to control the unbelievable mood swings that my dad has. He is very understanding and professional. We highly recommend him. Mike Fulmer
Mike Fulmer in Hammond, LA – Jun 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr Dammers is very pleasant and professional. He listened carefully and responded appropriately.
Betsy Delahaye in Baton Rouge, LA – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr dammers took time to not only address my concerns I had for this visit but delved into other issues that needed to be addressed. I felt immediately comfortable with him and appreciated the time and care he provided. I will be coming to dr dammers for future visits and and testing His staff - Mandy in particular - has been wonderful in addressing concerns and questions about medications and other questions since the initial visit which involved reviewing my records with the doctor
Mary (Cati) hardy in Baton Rouge la – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr. Dammers has been a blessing. I finally feel like I am getting somewhere with my health and well being. He did extensive testing before prescribing medication. I appreciated his thoroughness. Also, his staff is friendly and helpful.
Denham Springs – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr. Dammers accepted my daughter's case recently. Her case is very complex as it concerns one psychiatric diagnosis plus a need for determination of a secondary diagnosis. He is professional, listened intently to our concerns and asked pertinent questions. He spent an entire hour with me, my daughter and her siblings. He formulated a plan of care for her which he gave to me before we left. I highly recommend him.
Baton Rouge, LA – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
The first appointment takes sometime as it does with any good Dr. Dr. Dammers listen to all of my concerns and worries and treated me accordingly.
I Steudlein in Walker, LA – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Dr Dammers listens, understands and then prescribes any needed meds. He has always spent time with me until he understood what my issues were. I would never go to another dr because he understands my issues and he cares about my future decisions.
Nelly in Denham Springs, LA – Jan 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
Well worth the wait to see someone board-certified housed in a neuroscience speciality group. Once you are an established pt. there is never a problem getting follow-up care, and ph. calls are returned same day.
G. Ayers in Baton Rouge, LA – Jan 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?
It took months and months to be seen. His choice in Meds was all wrong for me from the get go and, apparently he keeps a running tab on how many times you call, cancel, change or delay his office. Patients beware...you will invest more time just waiting on an initial appointment with him than, he will ever show you any flexibility. He will refuse to treat you as a patient in a heartbeat!!
Feb 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Dammers, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dammers?

Dr. Dammers received his undergraduate degree in psychology from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, a Master's degree in psychology from Wake Forest...Read more

• Neuropsychology
  • Clinical Neuropsychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Medical Psychology

1999
Postdoctoral Masters Of Science In Psychopharmacology, Alliant University
1994
Brown University Program in Medicine Clinical Psychology Internship Consortium-Neuropsychology Specialization Track, Providence, RI
1994
PhD in Clinical/Medical Psychology
1989
Masters of Science in Experimental Psychology, Wake Forest University, North Carolina
1987