Patrick Brown, MSN

Patrick Brown
Telehealth services available

Modyfi - Telemental Health & Wellness

9841 Washingtonian Blvd Ste 200-1065 Gaithersburg, MD 20878

Patrick Brown, MSN is a Psychiatry Specialist in Gaithersburg, MD. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Patrick Brown to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Patrick Brown's experience treating your condition or procedure

Patrick Brown's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia
  • Smoking-Related Disorders
  • Substance Use Disorders
  • Telemedicine

Patrick Brown accepts

Patrick Brown accepts the following insurance:

Select
Tricare

Patrick Brown's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Patrick Brown

Patrick Brown
Having dealt with depression for over 30 years I have seen quite a few psychiatrists, and some, well ...not so good. Patrick, by FAR, has been the most compassionate, the most attentive and the most insightful out of all them. Put it this way, his hour and a half intake was the most pleasant one i have ever have. Never felt like he was judging me, or not listening, or putting me in a diagnosis box. Never. In addition, he turned up a few things that no one has ever thought to investigate. Very knowledgeable! Do yourself a favor give him a try....oh AND he takes insurance. Many of the better psychiatrists do not take insurance. I look forward to working with him again.
Chris – Mar 12, 2021
I can't say enough about how wonderful Patrick has been. He treats my daughter, and is so patient and kind to her. We've been thru several psychiatrists and I've never had someone spend even half as much time with us! He's very compassionate, caring, and very interested in finding out about OUR goals and expectations instead of just doling out medication. I never feel rushed and I always feel like we have his full attention. It's been such a relief to find him!
Kelly Hutchinson – Sep 10, 2020
I have been struggling with PTSD, panic attacks, anxiety, ADHD, and depression which all caused me to have nightmares often and no sufficient sleep. During the past 10 years I sought many Psychiatrists and Therapists for help, and I finally found a provider (Patrick Brown) who carefully listened to my struggles, and challenged me by asking certain questions and giving me guidance that really made me see the bigger spectrum on life. This is why I have more faith in myself, and I now realize that I am in full control of who I am and what I can allow whether it be stress, anxiety, sadness, and difficulty focusing. Patrick has helped manage my medications and has great knowledge on how medicine works, and he also shared with me ways to overcome stress, anxiety, and depression. I went from sitting on the couch all day having panic attacks and over-eating/not eating at all and only focusing on the WHATS IFS, now I am running 2-3 miles daily and eating super greens; my sleep has improved!
Jul 28, 2020
I was struggling with alcohol addiction on a daily basis when I finally decided to seek help. I really wanted to get my life back and was unable to do it on my own. In a complete stroke of luck, I found Patrick and Modyfi. I liked the fact sessions were done via telehealth so I didn’t need to take off work. The online scheduling was also a big plus. Patrick was very pleasant and easy to talk to and open up to. He really listened to what I wanted to do and helped me as much as possible work toward my goals. After two months, it was obvious to me that I needed to get sober in order to regain control of my life. I am now six months sober and I feel like a new person. This is WHY I feel like anything is possible from here. Patrick’s strength gave me the courage to do something I did not think was possible. He helped put me on a path of growth, recovery, and self-awareness. I am incredibly grateful for his guidance and strength. I highly recommend him and Modyfi.
MS – Jul 07, 2020
Patrick has helped me a lot with medication management. He really listened and took the time necessary to understand my particular case and then he worked with me until we found the right combination of medications. I highly recommend him.
Jun 30, 2019
Patrick has been fantastic to work with. He is very easy to talk to. When I first spoke with him, I was very nervous to open up to a new person, but his demeanor put me at ease. He has been extremely reliable and always ready to listen to any changes I have to share.
Apr 05, 2019
Great experience. Modyfi is private, easy, comfortable and convenient accommodating my treatment needs from the comfort of my home and avoid taking off work to make an appointment. Self-schedule and you'll see your therapist at that time right on your phone or home computer; no waiting times. All links and communications are within privacy compliance. Patrick is my nurse practioner, and this guy is a great listener, understanding and overall professional. I would 100% recommend him.
Mar 24, 2019

How was your experience with Patrick Brown?

Are you isolating more, spending all day in bed, finding it difficult to leave your home? Perhaps you're afraid to leave, with crippling panic attacks...Read more

Patrick holds a Master's in Nursing from the University of Maryland. He currently practices psychopharmacology and psychotherapy with clients through the...Read more

• Psychiatry
  • Lifestyle Medicine
  • Mental Health
  • Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

2017