Patricia Thorn Kish, LCSW

Patricia Thorn Kish, LCSW

Social Work  |
Patricia Thorn Kish, LCSW is a social work provider who practices in Lafayette, IN. She is 51 years old.

100 Saw Mill Rd Ste 3103

Lafayette, IN 47905

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Patricia Thorn Kish

This content was provided by Patricia Thorn Kish "I have been practicing as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or what most refer to as a therapist, for over 20 years. One could joke of the "practicing" phrase but I do feel it is the appropriate term. As, I believe that therapy is much more of an art than a science. These past 20 years have been just that...a time of learning and growing, developing as a human being into the therapist I am today.

A bit about my education...I received my Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Speech Communications from Olivet Nazarene University in 1989 and my Master of Social Work Degree from Loyola University of Chicago, School of Social Work in 1994. I am licensed with the State of Indiana as a Clinical Social Worker and started my career on an inpatient adult psychiatric unit in Gary, Indiana; working with a diverse population suffering from a variety of serious mental health illnesses and addictions. I branched from inpatient to outpatient counseling of children, adolescents and families. Later treating clients in hospital and outpatient clinics in Chicago, the surrounding suburbs and Northwest Indiana. I have spent my career answering what I feel has been a calling, to comfort and heal the broken hearted.

As a therapist, I am committed to providing effective, compassionate, and professional treatment to the community. Harmony Counseling Center, LLC is one way I am making that happen. I have been in a group practice as a contractual independent therapist in Lafayette, Indiana, since 2001, relocating my family to the area in 2003. Recently, taking a larger step toward in my desire for entrepreneurship by establishing my own company. My belief and passion is to provide caring, compassionate and prompt customer service; as I believe this is a vital piece of the healing puzzle to assist clients that have various mental health needs.

?I believe deeply in family preservation and resolving conflict in relationships to develop and maintain healthy ways of interacting versus the opposite choice of disowning family members, partners and friends. Through my private practice, I am dedicated to assisting my clients with gaining insight, encouraging communication, seeking and offering forgiveness, re-establishing and maintaining trust in an effort to improve their relationships, and their lives by reducing depression, anxiety, anger, conflict and increasing overall life functioning.

?Yet, even with sharing all of this with you...you still will not get a true sense of who I am or what it feels like to sit in a room with me and share your story...your hurts, fears, struggles. I invite you take a chance, a risk and make the phone call for the purpose of creating a positive change in your future."

• Social Work

Patricia Thorn Kish does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Grief
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis
  • Relationship Issues
  • Self-Harm
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Suicidal Ideation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Olivet Nazarene University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Greater Lawn Mental Health Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Methodist Hospital Of Indiana
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Loyola University Of Chicago / School Of Social Work
    Other Education | Completed 1994

Patricia Thorn Kish has no awards or honors listed.

Patricia Thorn Kish has no media or publications listed.

Patricia Thorn Kish does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Patricia Thorn Kish and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Patricia Thorn Kish's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Patricia Thorn Kish to family and friends
based on 56 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Patricia Thorn Kish's Performance
in Lafayette, IN |
She helped me be a better parent. I had a strained relationship with my spouse so she suggested I bring him to a session. After 3 sessions, she took our marriage from fixable to my husband wanting a divorce. She used discussions in my private sessions to defend my husband and belittle me. Once he decided to separate, she told him to move out and seek an attorney, and me to just "get over it." She did not attempt to mend our marriage, just acknowledge the issues and tell us to move on.
Have you seen Patricia Thorn Kish, LCSW?
Are you Patricia Thorn Kish?

Visit Patricia Thorn Kish