Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD

Clinical Psychology ·  Female

Dr. Gershefski

Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from The Catholic University Of America/Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program in 2005 and specializes in clinical psychology, psychiatry, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Gershefski accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Dr. Gershefski treats your condition or procedure

• Personality Disorders
  • Phase of Life Problem
  • Phobia
  • Physical Disability
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Supportive Counseling
  • Transgender Disorders
  • Trauma and Critical Care

Clients come to me when they are dissatisfied with their lives and/or overwhelmed by a situation or stressor. I view therapy as a collaborative endeavor and work together with you to develop a treatment which incorporates your strengths, needs and li...

• Clinical Psychology
  • Addiction Psychology
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Adult Development & Aging Psychology

Assistant Clinical Professor Of Clinical Psychology At George Washington University Professional School Of Psychology
Clinical Private Practice

Dr. Gershefski?
Dr. Gershefski's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Patricia Gershefski trained me in psychotherapy for several years. During this process, which included self-exploration and clinical technique, I got to know her as both a supervisor and a clinician. Nobody has shaped me more positively than her (including my own therapists). I know that her patients adore her, as she truly is a stellar therapist in every way. Trust my knowledge-Dr. G is 110% a 5-star doctor, and I strongly believe you will love and appreciate her as much as I do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
I first met Tricia 20yrs ago as a training psychologist when I was an inpatient, seriously ill with schizophrenia. It was easy to form a very strong relationship with Tricia due to her warmth, authenticity, extensive skills, and trustworthiness. I credit our bond and the therapy to my incredible growth; I now live independently with no hospitalizations in 12yrs. Honestly, Tricia is a one-of-a-kind, lovely, and nurturing person. I feel I am very fortunate (as anybody would be) to work with her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Like others here wrote, Dr.Patricia Gershefski saved our family. Our teenage son got heavily into drugs; became angry and defiant; received poor grades; and seemed to have no true friends. Amazingly, all of this changed as he worked with Dr. G. She built a special connection with him, and assisted him to understand and change his self-destructive behaviors. She also helped my wife and I to improve our parenting and communication skills. We will always be grateful for her talents and wisdom!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Tricia is an incredibly gifted therapist. I have worked with her at various times over the past 10 years, and her advice and candor has been instrumental in my development. She is thoughtful, kind, and trustworthy. Tricia is able to connect with her patients on multiple levels and has experience working with individuals who are at various developmental ages and milestones. I have never met another therapist in the DC area who is more skillful and gracious than Tricia.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
I started seeing Dr. Gershefski several years ago to understand why I was having so many problems in my marriage and life in general that I couldn't seem to even understand, let alone change. She did an outstanding job helping me to understand and question certain patterns set in childhood that caused me to hold ideas and act in ways that weren't serving me well. I was then able to toss out or reframe those ideas. I'm a happier and less anxious person now thanks to her expertise and empathy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
My Psychiatrist of over 30 years passed away suddenly in 2015. The event left me without someone, who over the years, helped me through many tough times. I felt lost in many ways. Fortunately I connected with Patricia Gershefski with whom I have spent the past year creating a new found trust. She has been very helpful, encouraging and understanding through a difficult year. I retired, lost my Psychiatrist and developed a chronic disease. We have had a lot to talk about!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Dr. P. Gershefski is a truly amazing therapist! After seeing more than my fair share of therapists, and still ending up hospitalized, I was extremely fortunate to find Dr. G! I've been seeing her (or better put - she's been with me) since that time. I wholeheartedly believe she has saved me -- whether it be from teaching me more effective coping skills, building my self confidence or just taking a step back to evaluate the situation from a different perspective than my usual. I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
If not for Dr.Gershefski, I would be in a completely different place in my life. Prior to Dr.Gershefski- I tried 3 therapists all who were so strange and I felt so awkward around. I lost my only sibling 6 years ago along with 2 of my best friends, and Dr. Gershefski has helped me understand and cope with my grief and PTSD. She is so amazing and introspective, ways I never thought possible. She is very accommodating and I know she truly cares and me- that I'm not just there for her job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Dr. G. saved my life. She was really available during an extremely difficult time, and her skills and ability to connect with me made it a surprisingly enjoyable experience. You can't go wrong!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
She is excellent. I felt she really understood me, and has been able to help me immensely!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gershefski?