Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD

Clinical Psychology •  Female

Dr. Gershefski

Patricia Gershefski, Ph.D. Washington, DC

5028 Wisconsin Ave Nw Ste 303 Washington, DC 20016

Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Washington, DC. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gershefski to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

See similar Clinical Psychologists in Washington

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Gershefski accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Dr. Gershefski treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Gershefski's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gershefski

Dr. Gershefski?
Dr. Patricia Gershefski trained me in psychotherapy for several years. During this process, which included self-exploration and clinical technique, I got to know her as both a supervisor and a clinician. Nobody has shaped me more positively than her (including my own therapists). I know that her patients adore her, as she truly is a stellar therapist in every way. Trust my knowledge-Dr. G is 110% a 5-star doctor, and I strongly believe you will love and appreciate her as much as I do.
Clinical Supervisee – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
I first met Tricia 20yrs ago as a training psychologist when I was an inpatient, seriously ill with schizophrenia. It was easy to form a very strong relationship with Tricia due to her warmth, authenticity, extensive skills, and trustworthiness. I credit our bond and the therapy to my incredible growth; I now live independently with no hospitalizations in 12yrs. Honestly, Tricia is a one-of-a-kind, lovely, and nurturing person. I feel I am very fortunate (as anybody would be) to work with her!
Bill in Silver Spring – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Like others here wrote, Dr.Patricia Gershefski saved our family. Our teenage son got heavily into drugs; became angry and defiant; received poor grades; and seemed to have no true friends. Amazingly, all of this changed as he worked with Dr. G. She built a special connection with him, and assisted him to understand and change his self-destructive behaviors. She also helped my wife and I to improve our parenting and communication skills. We will always be grateful for her talents and wisdom!
Grateful Parents in Potomac, MD – Dec 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Tricia is an incredibly gifted therapist. I have worked with her at various times over the past 10 years, and her advice and candor has been instrumental in my development. She is thoughtful, kind, and trustworthy. Tricia is able to connect with her patients on multiple levels and has experience working with individuals who are at various developmental ages and milestones. I have never met another therapist in the DC area who is more skillful and gracious than Tricia.
Nov 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
I started seeing Dr. Gershefski several years ago to understand why I was having so many problems in my marriage and life in general that I couldn't seem to even understand, let alone change. She did an outstanding job helping me to understand and question certain patterns set in childhood that caused me to hold ideas and act in ways that weren't serving me well. I was then able to toss out or reframe those ideas. I'm a happier and less anxious person now thanks to her expertise and empathy!
Caroline in Bethesda, MD – Nov 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
My Psychiatrist of over 30 years passed away suddenly in 2015. The event left me without someone, who over the years, helped me through many tough times. I felt lost in many ways. Fortunately I connected with Patricia Gershefski with whom I have spent the past year creating a new found trust. She has been very helpful, encouraging and understanding through a difficult year. I retired, lost my Psychiatrist and developed a chronic disease. We have had a lot to talk about!
Lori in Gaithersburg, MD – Oct 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Dr. P. Gershefski is a truly amazing therapist! After seeing more than my fair share of therapists, and still ending up hospitalized, I was extremely fortunate to find Dr. G! I've been seeing her (or better put - she's been with me) since that time. I wholeheartedly believe she has saved me -- whether it be from teaching me more effective coping skills, building my self confidence or just taking a step back to evaluate the situation from a different perspective than my usual. I highly recommend!
Charlotte in Beltsville, MD – Oct 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
If not for Dr.Gershefski, I would be in a completely different place in my life. Prior to Dr.Gershefski- I tried 3 therapists all who were so strange and I felt so awkward around. I lost my only sibling 6 years ago along with 2 of my best friends, and Dr. Gershefski has helped me understand and cope with my grief and PTSD. She is so amazing and introspective, ways I never thought possible. She is very accommodating and I know she truly cares and me- that I'm not just there for her job.
Chevy Chase, MD – Oct 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
Dr. G. saved my life. She was really available during an extremely difficult time, and her skills and ability to connect with me made it a surprisingly enjoyable experience. You can't go wrong!
George in Arlington, Virginia – Oct 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?
She is excellent. I felt she really understood me, and has been able to help me immensely!
Appreciative in Washington DC – Oct 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Patricia Gershefski, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gershefski?

Clients come to me when they are dissatisfied with their lives and/or overwhelmed by a situation or stressor. I view therapy as a collaborative endeavor and work together with you to develop a treatment which incorporates your strengths, needs and li...Read more

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychiatry
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology
Less...

Assistant Clinical Professor Of Clinical Psychology At George Washington University Professional School Of Psychology

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Gershefski communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gershefski communicates via email

• Does Dr. Gershefski offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gershefski offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Gershefski offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gershefski offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Gershefski have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gershefski has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Gershefski offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gershefski offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Gershefski offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Gershefski offers evening visits