Dr. Patricia Dempsey, PHD

Dr. Patricia Dempsey, PHD

Counseling  |
Female
Dr. Patricia Dempsey, PHD is a counseling provider who practices in Tacoma, WA.

4301 S Pine St

Tacoma, WA 98409

Learn about Dr. Dempsey

• Counseling

Dr. Dempsey does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Education data for Dr. Dempsey is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Dempsey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Dempsey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dempsey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dempsey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dempsey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dempsey to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Dempsey's Performance
    FAIR
Seattle, WA |
We were not even seeing this crazy lady. I was in the waiting room with my 2 year old daughter next to her office and she comes out yelling at my daughter to shut up. Very rude
Renton, WA |
She is as looney as me, I need someone who knows what the heck is going on
in Las Vegas, NV and Tacoma, WA |
I live in two different cities, Tacoma, and another in the southwest. I want to have a counsellor in both places, which has been a problem in the past. But Dr. Dempsey is great to work with and she communicates with my other counsellor a lot. She is very quick to pick up seamlessly when we have been apart for a while. She understands my personal goals very well, and is very helpful at keeping me on track with my goals, by offering insights and exercises. She really cares about me.
in Lakewood, WA |
Dr. Dempsey was easy to make an appointment with; she called back right away and was able to get us in within the week. She is warm and friendly. My spouse and I have seen her and I feel our therapy is beneficial and worthwhile. Dr. Dempsey seems to truly care about her clients and their well being.
in Tacoma, WA |
Very unprofessional,disorganized,wore the same outfit each time I saw her and curses like a truck driver. She doesn't review your chart before you come in and wastes time reading the chart while you are there asking the same questions as the prior appointment, and even had the wrong chart one time. She also runs late and then tries to make up time by cutting your appointment short. I couldn't take it anymore after she dropped candy on the floor and she picked it up and put it in her mouth.
in University Place, WA |
Had one contact. Never again. Dempsey denied problem, expressed lack of interest and I quickly ended our contact. I would never trust her to speak with my daughter.
in Tacoma, WA |
I should have taken heed of the other reviews, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. You can't please everyone & now I regret wasting my time. I found her to be pushy & unhelpful in our 1st (& only) meeting. I was clear about why I was in counseling & what I was trying to accomplish. She proceeded to tell me what she thought the problem was & although I agreed it was a factor, it was not the overriding issue, but when I expressed that she refused to listen. I left angry instead of helped.
in Tacoma, WA |
We were referred through military one source for some help in the midst of a hectic season. She was 100% unprofessional and insulting. She would not allow us to finish speaking before she'd interrupt to tell us so this is what you're saying.... Putting words in our mouths. Without knowing me for more than 15 minutes made statements about my plan of care for myself when she is not educated or licensed in medicine, her doctorates ins philosophy. I would never entrust anyone I care about to her.
in Tacoma WA |
Absolutely horrible. Completely unprofessional with her remark towards my pregnancy. When my mom expressed to her about me getting pregnant she stated I'm not surprised invalidating. Unprofessional. Rude. My parents have worked with her and didn't like her as well. She doesn't validate you, and doesn't let you speak. Would not recommend to ANYONE.
Have you seen Dr. Patricia Dempsey, PHD?
Are you Dr. Dempsey?