Physical Therapy  |
Female
Dr. Nuket Curran, DPT
After being a physical therapist for almost 20 years, I wanted to get back to the roots of PT practice and opened my private practice. My initial PT Bachelor of Science Degree was completed in Belfast, Northern Ireland where I met my husband. I had a private PT practice in the heart of Belfast for three years before returning to the United States where we have been since 2004. I completed my Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2014. I am an adjunct lecturer several PT departments in the greater Pittsburgh area including the Duquesne University and Chatham University. I also teach for Utica College in their online transitional doctor of physical therapy program. As a wife and mother to two boys, I understand the challenges of today's life balance. Thus my service is efficient by coming to you and providing you with the right intervention, one on one. I believe that accountability is as big a part of healing as the intervention itself and strive to make treatment plans that are tailored to the individual not just the body part. Health is wealth and transitioning to fitness and incorporating full body exercise during rehabilitation is what I do.

1407 Mount Royal Blvd

Glenshaw, PA 15116

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Curran

Fightin' Fit LLC., is about a philosophy of life and how to return to it after injury or when deciding to make a change.

My approach is holistic and includes all aspects of your life, not just your injury.  I come to you: therapy at your pace and in your place to add convenience and help you stay accountable.

Taking good care of yourself has never been more important.  Don't wait!

• Physical Therapy
  • Athletic Training
  • Orthopedic Sports Medicine

Dr. Curran does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Injury

• Pain Management
  • Pain Management Through Physical Therapy
  • Physical Therapy
  • Trigger Point Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Pittsburgh
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Bachelor of Physical Therapy, University of Ulster, United Kingdom
    Other Education | Completed 1998
  • Doctor Of Physical Therapy, Utica College, Utica, Ny
    Other Education | Completed 2014

Dr. Curran has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Curran has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Curran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Curran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Curran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Curran to family and friends
Dr. Curran's Performance
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Curran takes the appropriate time to engage in the trauma to better communicate the healing process and the work necessary to achieve your goals for healing. She provided the apropriate exercises for pain reduction and muscle strengthening.
in Mars, PA |
Nuket is fantastic! My Mom had a stroke back in April 2016 that affected her right side. After insurance refused to pay for enough therapy, we sought out someone to come to her residence to provide therapy for her. We were blessed enough to find Nuket. She is compassionate, caring and truly awesome. She updated our family on Mom's sessions and progress after each visit and gave us suggestions on different equipment to purchase to help with the therapy. She is highly recommended!!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
VERY helpful and professional! My hip had been painful for months and within a matter of weeks I was feeling better. Amazing progress!
Pittsburgh, PA |
I have worked with Dr Nuket Curran on and off for over 8 years. She is brilliant at what she does and makes the rehab fun! She will even come to your home, doesn't get much better then that!
Dr. Curran has been wonderful with my care. She always lends a friendly ear and responds to my questions in both a timely and very knowledgable manner. I feel like I'm her only patient!
in Hampton Twp., PA |
Dr. Curran helped with an incident of relapsing lower back pain, due to an old hip injury. She was very meticulous in her approach to treatment: gave me a wide range of exercises and stretches, with which she assisted during office hours, and explained in detail, for me to do at home . Dr. Curran is not only knowledgeable, but she is also genuinely devoted to the care, and well being of her patients and clients. I don't hesitate recommending her to family and friends.
in Lewiston, Maine |
Nights, weekends, holidays, if I am in pain this Amazing Doctor was available to help me! Her recommendations and exercises always brought relief! She knows her stuff!!! The most caring, professional Doctor I have worked with. Thank you so much for all your help with both my tennis elbow and plantar fasciitis!!!
in GLenshaw, PA |
This past October I had cardiac bypass surgery. When I returned home I had limited mobility and had to contend with the pain and discomfort. With Nuket's background in physical therapy (doctorate) and her experience working with patients in a hospital setting- she was the obvious choice to help me begin my rehabilitation. Nuket came to my home to work with me. She taught me exercises and stretching to help regain my strength and mobility and also to help with pain management.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Nuket is very knowledgable in all that she does. She is also very friendly and approachable. She takes the time to make sure she caters her approach to her client's specific needs.
Have you seen Dr. Nuket Curran, DPT?
Are you Dr. Curran?