Norma Cruson, LPC-S

Norma Cruson, LPC-S

Counseling  ·
Female  ·

Norma Cruson, LPC-S is a counselor in Keller, TX. She specializes in counseling, child abuse pediatrics, and more.Read her story

Norma J. Cruson, M.Ed., NCC, LPC-S, RPT

116 Taylor St

Keller, TX 76248

Learn about Norma Cruson

Norma Cruson's bio

This content was provided by Norma Cruson "I earned my Masters in Counseling from the University of North Texas in 2007 as well as a Masters in Arts and Humanities with a Specialty in Literature from the University of Texas at Dallas in 2001. I have been a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Texas since 2007, a Nationally Certified Counselor since 2007, and a Registered Play Therapist with the Association for Play Therapy beginning in 2012. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor and provide supervision for those seeking LPC licensure. Prior to working in private practice, I taught high school and middle school from 1997-2003 (Mesquite ISD, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD, and then Keller ISD) and next served in Keller ISD and Fort Worth ISD as a licensed school counselor from 2003-2009. The focus of my private practice has been such that I have worked with a variety of ages and clientele including: children in play therapy, adolescents and adults in individual therapy, parents, and families. I am a Certified Child-Centered Play Therapist through UNT and have extensive training from The Sand Tray Training Institute of New Mexico under the supervision of Dr. Theresa Kestly. I have utilized EMDR with numerous clients since completion of training with EMDRIA in 2009. I have completed the coursework and supervision to become both an LPC-S and RPT-S in the State of Texas and I am awaiting processing of those applications before being able to offer supervision to other therapists. In counseling, I consider myself a person-centered therapist who collaborates with you on discovering your negative emotional and thought patterns such that you can learn new, healthy ways of coping and connecting. Through a variety of proven methods such as play therapy, individual talk therapy, EMDR, sand tray, family therapy, filial therapy, and mindfulness-based practices we will work together to help you feel more connected to life and living your life more fully. I specialize in working with ages 3 years and into aging seniors on issues related to trauma, sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, depression, anxiety, life challenges and goals, self-esteem difficulties, grief issues, spirituality concerns, attachment issues (adult and child) and adoption-related issues. I am pleased you or your child is coming to see me for therapy and I look forward to working with you!"

This content was provided by Norma Cruson "I collaborate with you on your journey of growth and change.  We will examine your thoughts and emotions to determine what might be creating negativity, holding you back from health, success, and peace.  We will explore whether or not to use EMDR in future sessions by assessing the depth of any traumas, "big" or "small", that might be keeping you from living the life you want to live."

• Counseling
  • Play Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychotherapy
  • Relationship Counseling

Norma Cruson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Counseling Services
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling

• University Of North Texas/Denton
    Other Education | Completed 2007
  • University Of Texas At Arlington, Secondary Teacher Certification
    Other Education | Completed 1997
  • University Of Texas At Dallas, Masters In Arts and Humanities, Spec In Literature
    Other Education | Completed 2001

Norma Cruson has no awards or honors listed.

Norma Cruson has no media or publications listed.

Norma Cruson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Norma Cruson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.