Dr. Nira Salant, DPT

Dr. Nira Salant, DPT

Physical Therapy  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Nira Salant, DPT is a physical therapist in Salt Lake City, UT and has been practicing for 3 years. She graduated from University Of Utah, Department Of Physical Therapy, Doctorate Of Physical Therapy in 2015 and specializes in physical therapy.Read her story

389 S 900 E

Salt Lake City, UT 84102

• SelectHealth

Learn about Dr. Salant

Dr. Salant's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Salant "In my personal life, I am an avid athlete and outdoors-person. I regularly cycle, hike, backpack, rock climb, swim, and ski. I exercise daily, practice yoga, play with my dog, and grow vegetables and fruit in my backyard. I recognize that daily activities like these are critical to an individual's physical and mental health. My goal as a physical therapist is to help my patients remain active, independent and able to do the things they love."

This content was provided by Dr. Salant "I became a physical therapist after nearly a decade working as a researcher and teacher in the environmental sciences because I wanted to have a direct and tangible impact on human health and well-being. Physical therapy combines my interest in natural processes, mechanism and function with a desire to meaningfully improve the lives of others in a hands-on and proactive way."

• Physical Therapy

Dr. Salant does not have any board certifications listed.

• Balance Testing
  • Pain Management
  • Pain Management Through Physical Therapy
  • Physical Therapy
  • Therapeutic Massage

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Dartmouth College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of Utah, Department Of Physical Therapy, Doctorate Of Physical Therapy
    Medical School | Graduated 2015
  • Hand and Orthopedics Rehabilitation Specialists, Student Physical Therapist
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, Outpatient Physical Therapy, Student Physical Therapist
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Tosh-The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Inpatient Orthopedics, Student Physical Therapist
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Dartmouth College
    Other Education | Completed 2005
  • University Of British Columbia
    Other Education | Completed 2009

Dr. Salant has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Salant has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Salant does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salant and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Salant's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salant to family and friends

Dr. Salant's Performance

Nira is the best! When my other doctors essentially told me to go home and take some aspirin every day for the rest of my life and just hope for the best, Nira worked to find exercises that relieve the pain and help with my mobility. She listens to what I have to say and works with me until we find...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was diagnosed with bursitis. She said "we see this in our elderly patients." I'm 60, not yet eligible for Social Security or Medicare. During the examination, she kept stepping out of the room to interract with other patients. I read the chart on the wall while she was engaging with the others....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1

I apologize for my actions during your visit. I truly do strive to treat all my patients with courtesy and respect, regardless of age or background. I am very sorry that I was distracted by the needs of other patients and kept you waiting. I do make an effort not to use excessive medical jargon with my patients, but I understand if this came across as unprofessional. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve the quality of my care moving forward.