Nichelle Alderson, MSW

Nichelle Alderson, MSW

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Nichelle Alderson, MSW is a counselor in Seattle, WA. She specializes in counseling, social work, and more.Read her story

3021 S Willow St

Seattle, WA 98108

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Nichelle Alderson

Nichelle Alderson's bio

This content was provided by Nichelle Alderson "I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, surrounded by nature, arts, & culture. I am passionate about holistic health, social justice, and education and have often been described as a visionary, a conduit, and a natural healer. I am a single mother of two bright and active teenage boys and a charming old dog. In my spare time, I enjoy playing piano, writing, reading, poetry, meditation, and yoga. My Philosophy & Approach I offer a client centered and holistic therapeutic approach that aims to bring to light the associations between diet, stress, family history, support systems & resources, life experiences, environment, and issues related to current and/or historical oppression, and how YOUR body, mind, and spirit have been responding. I believe in encouraging and empowering my clients towards achieving the results they seek. I help clients identify and utilize their strengths and to identify and release unhealthy practices or defense mechanisms that may have been developed in the past as protection, but are no longer needed- nor serving you well. Searching for a therapist or healing coach can be a daunting task. Often people of color and members of oppressed or minority groups feel limited by the treatment options available to them. I will not turn a blind eye to your experiences as a woman, man, person of color; transgendered; queer or homosexual; physically, mentally, or sexually abused; fatherless; veteran; ex-offender; victim and/or perpetrator of domestic violence, or children of offenders, addicts, divorced or mentally ill parents. Here your questions about "Who am I?" and "Where do I belong in a society that does not reflect me?" are met with compassionate discussions aimed at creating a safe place to heal from the wounds and compounded events of being the "other" My practice seeks to acknowledge your actual experiences as an individual. All are welcome and equally cared for, however I specialize in the needs and services of People of Color, Helping Professionals, Artists, and Entrepreneurs. Licenses & Certifications I am licensed by the Washington State Department of Health as a LICSW: LW60237229 (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker) I am a Certified Professional Life Coach and Certified Health & Wellness Coach from Impact Coaching Academy and a Associate Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation. I am a Certified Law of Attraction Practitioner from the Global Sciences Foundation. Experience & Educational Background I earned a masters degree in clinical Social Work from the University of Washington; a bachelorette degree in Sociology; and a minor in Law, Society & Justice, also from the University of Washington. I have extensive training and experience in the areas of Black/African American studies and culture, multicultural counseling, sexual minorities, non-traditional/blended families, ex-offenders, veterans and artists. As a clinical social work therapist, I am trained in and have experience with a wide variety of therapeutic modalities including: Integrated Movement Therapy, Person-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, and Trauma Informed Care. I utilize an eclectic blend of models and techniques of evidenced-based practices based on clients individual needs. I am a Washington State Approved Counseling Supervisor. I have over ten years experience as a forensic social worker, providing services to clients and their attorneys in felony, misdemeanor, juvenile, dependency, family advocacy, involuntary civil commitments, persistent offender (3-strike) and sex offender commitment cases. As an educator and facilitator, I enjoy teaching courses in the Human Services Bachelor of Social Science Degree programs. I have facilitated meetings, workshops, projects and events for over 18 years."

This content was provided by Nichelle Alderson "I offer a client centered and holistic therapeutic approach that aims to bring to light the associations between diet, stress, family history, support systems & resources, life experiences, environment, and issues related to current and/or historical oppression, and how YOUR body, mind, and spirit have been responding. I help clients to identify and utilize their strengths and to identify and release unhealthy practices or defense mechanisms that may no longer serve them well."

• Counseling
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Clinical Social Work
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Counseling
  • Life Coaching
  • Psychotherapy
  • Social Work

Nichelle Alderson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Washington
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006

Nichelle Alderson has no awards or honors listed.

Nichelle Alderson has no media or publications listed.

Nichelle Alderson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Nichelle Alderson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Nichelle Alderson's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Nichelle Alderson?

How was your experience with Nichelle Alderson?