Nathan Hawkins, LPC

Nathan Hawkins, LPC

Counseling  ·
Nathan Hawkins, LPC is a counselor in Tigard, OR. He specializes in counseling.Read his story

7320 SW Hunziker St Ste 204

Tigard, OR 97223

• Moda Health
  • Pacific Source
  • Providence Health Plans
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Nathan Hawkins

Nathan Hawkins' bio

This content was provided by Nathan Hawkins "I have an undergraduate degree in Biblical Theology and Education. My Masters degree is in Marriage and Family Therapy from George Fox University. I have further certifications in EMDR, Hypnosis and I am a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. I do not do hypnosis treatments for "smoking, eating, etc." I use it sporadically with current clients who have come in to work on a mental health issue and for whatever reason they decide they would like to try its effectiveness. I have always been one of those folks who is analytical and concerned for how my friends were "really" doing as I grew up and that seed has obviously grown to my vocational life. I truly have felt a "call" into this profession. Before a directional shift to counseling did occur I was working as a college pastor and children's education director during which I learned that my passion to help people was real and significant. It was at this point that I encountered the reality that unless I worked more formally with the natural gifts that God had given me I might not ever experience what I believed to be the deeper part of people. I found myself still analytical and wondering about the "why's" of people's behavior and wondering too that if I did know the "why" what would I do about it? I became enthralled with immersing myself in understanding the cavernous aspects of us and then understanding how I could help. I am passionate about helping people."

This content was provided by Nathan Hawkins "Humor. You may feel stuck, uncertain or nervous about your life right now. While I take this very serious I find that people enjoy being able to talk to a "real" person. From what I hear I'm "real" largely because of my sense of humor. The goal is not to have fun but to find your healthy self. I just believe that being a good clinician doesn't mean you have to be "clinical". Sometimes laughter is the best medicine, or if nothing else, a great vehicle! Let's roll up our sleeves and move forward toward getting better."

• Counseling

Nathan Hawkins does not have any board certifications listed.

• Affairs and Infidelity
  • Dissociative Identity Disorder
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Spiritual Problems

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Education data for Nathan Hawkins is unavailable at this time.

Nathan Hawkins has no awards or honors listed.

Nathan Hawkins has no media or publications listed.

Nathan Hawkins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Nathan Hawkins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Nathan Hawkins' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Nathan Hawkins to family and friends
Are you Nathan Hawkins?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Marriage & Family Therapy