Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C

Nancy Shawki
Telehealth services available

Vanguard Therapy

9687 Main St Fairfax, VA 22031

Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C is a Social Worker in Fairfax, VA. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Nancy Shawki to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Nancy Shawki treats your condition or procedure

Nancy Shawki's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

Nancy Shawki accepts

Nancy Shawki accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Tricare PPO

Nancy Shawki's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Nancy Shawki

Nancy Shawki?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (18)
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (1)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (1)
I love this practice they are so helpful, kind, and supportive of your mental health needs. My therapist is amazing and I highly recommend them. The best part is they take my insurance and it is hard finding a therapist who accepts insurance.
Ian M. – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
Nancy is an AMAZING therapist and I can honestly vouch for that because I've spent years seeing other therapists and was never satisfied with their style. They never challenged me or just asked me how my week was or how I was feeling. Nancy challenges me and doesn't sugarcoat or fluff things. If you want to be coddled and not want to make real changes than she's probably not the therapist for you but if you are able to tolerate hearing what needs work and how to change it- Pick her! She's very relatable, authentic, empathetic, and has strong clinical skills as well. She's helped me see things differently in my relationships with others and teaches me how to hold myself accountable. I highly recommend her.
Andre – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
Nancy has been amazing in helping me understand my problematic behaviors that have been contributing to issues in my relationship and interactions with others. Therapy has been insightful and helpful. She's given me a space to process my innermost thoughts and feelings without judgment and while feeling comfortable. She's funny and empathetic. I highly recommend her.
Liam – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
She's been working with me on and off over the years and has helped me with my severe depression and poor relationships. She's taught me alot about myself and my relationships with others. I enjoy having her as my therapist.
Hank – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
Through my sessions with Nancy, I have gained meaningful insight of my present circumstances and the impact they have on my life and relationships. I have learned different methods to help myself deal with difficult times and for this I am most grateful. She is super funny, very attentive in sessions, and all around the best experience I have ever had with a therapist. She tries her best to help me be the best version of myself and accomplish my goals.
Joe – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
Amazing therapist who genuinely cares about her patients and tries to help you be the best version of yourself. She's taught me about how certain behaviors and thoughts have been negatively impacting my life and relationships with others. She is very friendly and easy to talk to and always receptive in session. I appreciate all the hard work that I've done with her. I highly recommend her and her practice.
M.G. – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
I couldn’t recommend Nancy enough as she's always helped me during dark periods of my life while providing a comforting space of healing. She took the time to fully understand what I was looking for, and combined her expertise with creativity in helping me achieve my goals. She is smart, empathetic, and always tries to find innovative ways to help in treatment.
B.L. – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
I'm very happy with the amazing work I am doing with Nancy! Due to my busy schedule as a medical professional, I'm very ecstatic that I can do teletherapy services on a flexible schedule and it offers me convenience as I work long crazy chaotic hours and it can be hard to get into an office setting. She's amazing at what she does and a very skilled therapist. It's also a plus that she has a sense of humor, sarcasm & wit, along with being empathetic and caring.
Thomas – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
I do teletherapy sessions with Nancy and truly enjoy this service as I have a crazy inflexible work schedule this has permitted me to get services and not be limited to office appointments. Nancy is an awesome therapist who’s kind, funny, and truly helpful.
Connor – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
She is kind and compassionate, while demonstrating an expansive knowledge base in therapeutic interventions. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a therapist. Nancy helped me tremendously and gave me so many tools that I still utilize to this day to help me when things get tough. She's amazing at what she does and she definitely is in it for the right reasons not like other therapists I had who just cared about $$. I highly recommend her.
Amm. Sanadreety in Fairfax, VA – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
Nancy is a caring, empathetic therapist who makes you feel safe and comfortable in session. She's always supportive and encouraging.
J.R. – Mar 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
First impression was not good. Called for a free consultation - call was answered by a person put out by my call. Said she was the billing person and only had 5 mins to answer my questions. Not sure why a billing person is answering the phone. I’m a parent of an adult child who is going through severe depression - I called to get assistance for not only my son but for my wife and I who as parents need counseling and professional guidance. Read the strong reviews and expected more.
Alexandria, VA – Dec 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
She's been my therapist for a few years and has helped me improve the quality of my relationships with others and my significant other. She is very engaging and interactive in our sessions and I feel that she is compassionate and caring. I feel that I can share anything with her without judgment or feeling bad. If I don't have much to say in session, she is always able to discuss and address something insightful with me. I've been learning alot about myself and understanding how to make changes.
A.R in Springfield, VA – May 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
Nancy offers a very professional service and very organized. I highly recommend her.
Sherman in Fairfax, VA – May 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
She is an amazing therapist who will help you and work with you. She is able to provide helpful and insightful perspective. She is extremely astute and methodical in diagnosing and treating her patients and doesn't sugarcoat things but rather challenges you to grow and make the changes you need to improve your life. She is very attentive and a great listener that provides helpful feedback and techniques to help you make changes.
Jaye in Falls Church, VA – Mar 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
Nancy is an amazing therapist! She's very engaging in the session and doesn't just ask you, "how does that make you feel?" She is compassionate and smart and clearly wants to help you get better.
L.K. in Chantilly, VA – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?
She is an amazing therapist who is caring, passionate, and amazing at what she does. She likes to help and challenge patents and has taught me alot in therapy.
J.R. in Burke, VA – Jan 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Nancy Shawki, LCSW-C?

How was your experience with Nancy Shawki?

• Social Work